Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here's the deal....

I start my first full time job in 3 days as a receptionist for HSBC. I have to look my very best at all times. Thing is, my skin gets so oily and after like 3 hours of applying makeup, it looks awful and sort of melts.

I know a lot of people here deal with oily skin. So can anyone recommend any good moisturisers for oily skin, or a good foundation that helps to keep skin matte.

I'm desperate

Thanks

You can find some amazing Japanese products that keep your face look greasy. I recommend Shiseido Anessa Mild Sunblock SPF43(or 46). It'll mattify your skin like crazy. Anessa products are officially only available in Asia/Pacific region, but I'm sure you can find some of it online or something.

I'm currently using Mentholatum Acnes UV Tinted Milk SPF50+. It's similar sunblock, only cheaper. It's also only available in Asia/Pacific region, but I've once seen it on Ebay so..

Note: Those products contain lots of sebum-absorption powder, so they are not exactly 'gentle' on your skin. It works wonderfully though. When I'm wearing one of those sunblocks, my super-oily face maintain 'dry' for like 5-8 hours.

i 2nd the shiseido. i use the spf55 lotion. it doesn't keep me matte but it does help. i produce crazy oil. within an hour i'm a grease pit, so this may work great for you!!

Guest missyjean130

http://fyrinnae.com/

I use their superpower mineral foundation- it has kaolin clay in it to absorb oil. It helps a lot for me. They also have rice power to put on before loose powder, but I've not tried it.

Oil absorbing sheets are also a blessing

MAC blot powder. works a treat. check the reviews on makeup alley if you dont believe me! ;)

I'm currently using Mentholatum Acnes UV Tinted Milk SPF50+. It's similar sunblock, only cheaper. It's also only available in Asia/Pacific region, but I've once seen it on Ebay so..

to athelas,

hi!

i've been using the mentho line to rid of acne. but i have not used their uv tinted milk because well i'm tan. does it affect face color when applied? i don't want to look weird. and sometimes tinted moisturizers makes my face look pale. :rolleyes:

I use DermaDoctor Tease Zone Oil-controling Gel to help with my shine. I put it on after my moisturizer, before my sunblock and make-up. I also use gloTherapeutics purifying moisturizer to help with shine (plus it's noncomedogenic). Make sure to use a loose or pressed powder over your foundation, and you may want to bring some oil-blotting sheets to freshen up if worse comes to worse. Also, try blotting your foundation with a tissue before applying your powder, to mop up any excess foundation.

P.S. Another thing that helped me with my oil: my prescription to Tazorac. It shrunk the size of my sebaceous glands and cut my oiliness in at least half. Although it is expensive, may cause irritation such as peeling and itching if used every night, and you need to use it for a few months. But in the long-run I feel that it's worth it. It's been years since I was on it and I'm still so much better off as far as oiliness goes than I was before.

Mary Kay's Oil Mattifier is the best product I've used for my oily skin. Try it! I promise you'll become a fan instantly.