Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaraMadeline

A lot of red marks on my back.. what to do?

Ok so.. after having a combination of some sort of folliculitis and acne (it's about 80-90% healed now), I've got red marks COVERING the upper part of my back, as well as some on my mid/lower back and the back of my shoulders. :( It's awful, I mean it still looks like I'm covered in acne when I'm not, and I would really like a lot of it to clear up by the end of July when I go on vacation (which gives me 2 months).... it would be even better if it was clear before that so I could wear tank tops in the hot weather, but I can deal if it's not. Anyways... what products are best for quickly fading these marks? Does exfoliating a lot (with a loofah, scrub, whatever?) help as well? Should I see my doctor for something or are there any OTC creams that are equally good?

Ok so.. after having a combination of some sort of folliculitis and acne (it's about 80-90% healed now), I've got red marks COVERING the upper part of my back, as well as some on my mid/lower back and the back of my shoulders. :( It's awful, I mean it still looks like I'm covered in acne when I'm not, and I would really like a lot of it to clear up by the end of July when I go on vacation (which gives me 2 months).... it would be even better if it was clear before that so I could wear tank tops in the hot weather, but I can deal if it's not. Anyways... what products are best for quickly fading these marks? Does exfoliating a lot (with a loofah, scrub, whatever?) help as well? Should I see my doctor for something or are there any OTC creams that are equally good?

I would use a scrub gently in the shower(with a mild cleanser, ZNp bar, Head & Shoulders, Nizoral, SA wash or the Vivant Mandelic Acid cleanser) and then put on some Mandelic Acid serum or toner which will exfoliate and prevent new acne/folliculites from forming! You could perhaps buy the toner from vivant(betterhealthyskin.com) and spray it on your back after showering.

Thanks for the tips. I bought some Bio Oil today, as well as Kiss My Face Peaches & Creme moisturizer which has 4% AHA in it... I guess that will help with exfoliating and fading. I guess I'll also just continue scrubbing in the shower and using Head & Shoulders!