Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flying Rex

My god I lost everything to acne I feel like in a fucking horror movie

Who are you to tell me that "it doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever that acne should make [me] unhappy?!" Are you kidding? Are you me? Do you live my life? No you do not. I am amazed that someone would minimize someone else's emotions like that.

I am not ashamed of how I feel, nor do I have a single regret about how I have reacted to this situation. I truly believe that everyone, at every moment, does the best they can with what they have. I did and am doing my best.

Why I am even responding, I don't know. I could care less whether or not you feel sorry for me, and in fact, I don't need/want sympathy or pity...this is my struggle and I am dealing with it in the way I know how.

You also know nothing about me, so you cannot say that I am not doing the best I can to conquer my depression...you have absolutely no idea what I am or am not doing! All you know is how I feel, and a fraction of that as well.

@Polka, how can you assume that one is resigned?! Most people who are struggling with this are fighting with every fiber of their being to better themselves and their lives. Sometimes in life, however, things get tougher than one can handle and one loses the energy it takes to keep going for a while. That's life.

Will you please stop talking about how rude and downgrading I'm acting, and rather start throwing in some arguments proving that I'm wrong in your posts? Thank you. Let's make this easy. I'll let you comment on my two main arguments and then I'll shut up.

1. You're responsible for your own emotions, hence you're responsible for your own happiness.

2. There's no logic to why acne sufferers - except those who have been REALLY unlucky - should feel unhappy. This is unlogical because there are people who are stuck with ugly faces which won't go away by flushing with water twice a day for the rest of their lives who are happier than Brad Pitt. Why can they be happy while you can't?

Thanks in advance.

1. I never disagreed with that statement, but rather, tried to express my opinion that sometimes emotions are strong and make one unhappy and perhaps cause one to lose the motivation to go to school, be happy, etc. I never said that one is not in control of one's happiness...Of course one is, but sometimes, one doesn't have the strength to take control...And that in such a situation, there is nothing wrong with feeling empathy for someone who is going through that. What is wrong with that statement?

2. Maybe there is no logic to you, but think of it this way. Beauty is relative. Beautiful skin, while maybe some people have fetishes or what not, is not relative. It is an equalizer. Also, one doesn't "feel" ugliness...one sure does feel uncomfortable, itchy, infected skin though...

Also, um...hello? Are you kidding? Wash with water 2x a day and it will go away? Look around, that's not really the consensus here.

Oh and why can they be happy and I can't? So now, I am supposed to be happy? I am not allowed to ever feel depressed or sad? What is it that you are saying?

your number 2 is grossly wrong. There is logic going bothways, to say it is logical does not mean it is 100% representative of all people.

Which is why I said that maybe there is no logic to him...For me, there is logic, and to plenty of other people too.

Obviously not for everyone, but I sure don't care what other people think. I care what I think because I live with myself.

Edit: Maybe "beautiful" is not the word, maybe even beautiful skin can be subjective...but clear and healthy is not as subjective.

Edit #2: Also, I don't really see where we are disagreeing except in the fact that I am saying that it is okay to go through periods of life when things are awful, when you feel depressed, and hopeless (for whatever reason, and yes, I believe acne can be a REASON not an excuse).

But then, of course, you need to pick yourself up and do something to change things for the better.

1. I never said feeling empathy for an acne sufferer is wrong. We didn't choose this. You didn't choose this, neither did I. What I'm trying to say is that things could be way worse. WAY worse. Depression is a shitty thing, and even though I come off as extremely unemotional (on purpose, to get my points through clearer), I do understand WHY people get depressed. My point isn't to mock you for being depressed, to say that you're stupid for letting yourself get depressed. My point is that acne didn't make you depressed. You did. I doubt you'll become a happy person again if you don't realize this.

2. I see where you're coming from. I have a hard time backing up my statement here, but I'll give it a shot anyways, if only for my pride ;).

The reason to why I'm struggling, is the fact that noone should ever feel depressed if logic was that straight forward. But I am a strong believer in logic, and the thought of that people who are way worse off than me looks-wise were able to feel happy and confident regardless of their looks changed my life completely. This is the key, this is my point. Disregard the weaknesses you cannot change. It's hard, but the fact that other people can do it should make you realize that you can do it as well. I formulated myself stupid, but I still think I got a point.

My point is that acne didn't make you depressed. You did. I doubt you'll become a happy person again if you don't realize this.

Okay, I really want to try to understand this... Really I do. Can you explain this more?

My point is that acne didn't make you depressed. You did. I doubt you'll become a happy person again if you don't realize this.

Okay, I really want to try to understand this... Really I do. Can you explain this more?

"My god I lost everything to acne I feel like in a fucking horror movie". I laughed when I read this. Would this happen to the guy if he didn't let the acne get to him? Of course not. It's an evil spiral going downwards. You get acne, you feel it's unfair. You start feeling sorry for yourself, you fuck up your life and you feel even more sorry for yourself. Your other alternative is to get acne, feel it's unfair, accept it, move on. Point being: acne doesn't make you depressed. You let acne make you depressed.

Guest missyjean130

I agree that you are capable of feeling happy if you choose to be.

But...some people have those moments where they go into an emotional break-down and say a lot of things and blame everything on their face...but I think it's more effective to tell them things such as "happiness is a choice" in a more sensitive tone..it usually gets through to people better than being harsh and blunt.

I know sometimes when I am feeling really down I put on the blame on one thing, but once my head clears I know better.

polka ,i think they did scare him/her away :shock: lolol

, dont bring me in on this rampage lol but yea :whistle::drool:

i dont think one big arugemnt over someones own life is gonna help any...if you want to argue :naughty: p.m it back and forth and work it out, dont spam up this guys thred for your argument lol

again i dont want to offend any of yall im just saying, so please dont bring me in on it lol, thanks

we are unlucky, but I think like said by ^, you recieve less sympathy then others because you have resigned yourself as a person who has no power over their lives.

you need to want to change, you have not expressed anything to say you want this to change

i think they did polka :shock: lolol

, dont bring me in on this rampage lol but yea :whistle: :drool:

i dont think one big arugemnt over someones own life is gonna help any...if you want to argue :naughty: p.m it back and forth and work it out, dont spam up this guys thred for your argument lol

again i dont want to offend any of yall im just saying, so please dont bring me in on it lol, thanks

I'm discussing, not arguing, and I think lots of important points have been brought up. I also think lots of people on these boards can relate to both Tasha's and mine perspective, and I think lots of people could benefit from reading the thread, even though the OP is gone. Please skip the posts if you think it's spam.

I really think this thread needs to be closed, how is any of this whittering helping anyone?

I dont know the OP, i dont know how bad his acne is and whether he has a genuine reason to feel this way. I know that i get very infuriated reading posts about teenagers who are moaning about how they have a date to go on and have blackheads and maybe 3 red zits.

However there are people out there how really are suffering with acne, and to expect those people to carry on as if nothing is happening is unrealistic. Most people here dont have any idea of what its like...those people never will and there is no point trying to explain to them.

Nobody wants sympathy if they are in this situation, they want to be who they deserve to be. The OP was simply looking for a little understanding.

To say that everything will be OK is the best thing to say...as perhaps maybe it will give him hope if he has none.

And another thing dont give me that BS that people are in control of their own emotions. Depression, real depression isnt something that people can just snap out of.

To the OP, there are people out there who really can help you, people who wont judge you, and people who might even understand.

your number 2 is grossly wrong. There is logic going bothways, to say it is logical does not mean it is 100% representative of all people.

that was not in reply to you tash, it was in reply to 253838

--

In reply to keelers, a lot of people on here would rather tell a white lie and make someone feel better then tel them the truth.

Of course some people fall into depression, I can understand that, but I want to promote the idea that you you need to be abe to help yourself before anyone else can hel you. A lot of people here have just given up, this place serves nothing other then to go over old feelings, old emotions, and not progress.

I think we can make a real choice to change our lives, but a lot of people on here just can't do it, which is sad

--

I gave some advice earlier on. Stop thinking about he past, start thinking about now

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to spam, guess I just got carried away :ermm:

Although I do agree that some important points have been brought up.

i have acne. you know what motivates me? me being a doctor and successful so i could feel on top of world making alot of money while most of my classmates would be like blue colar workers or something. i can't believe you let your education go down the drain like that. if you odn't have looks to conquer others you at least have a brain. you could've been successful.

I think everyones been depressed by acne, some more than others. Its very easy to be depressed when acne is there, and its usually when we start seeing improvement that we find these positive outlooks on our minds.

I definately think your acne will leave you sooner or later, just keep on keeping on like everyone else here, :D.

OP: fuck all these people that tell you acne has nothing to do the way you feel. acne's obviously a serious issue for you so i suggest accutane. get clear, get your confidence back, and reclaim the life you lost. you won't regret it.

OP: fuck all these people that tell you acne has nothing to do the way you feel. acne's obviously a serious issue for you so i suggest accutane. get clear, get your confidence back, and reclaim the life you lost. you won't regret it.

I haven't seen anyone tell the OP that acne has nothing to do with the way he feels. We're saying that acne hasn't MADE him do anything and he's responsible for the way his life turned up. He certainly be depressed because of his acne, but saying certain things have been list because of his acne is just not true, because he's the one who is choosing to act as he is and he is the one who makes his own decisions. He could let acne affect him or not. It's his decision.

It comes down to him needing to take responsibility for his actions and instead of being a victim of his skin, he needs to take control of his life.

Hell, he doesn't even really need to get clear to get his confidence and control back, (though it would certainly help, I have no doubt). He just needs to understand that his life isn't controlled by something with now conscience: Acne.

It's far more difficult than it sounds, but that is what needs to be done. That is the goal. Personally, I think if you can control your life before you're clear, you'll be happier longer than if you got clear then gained confidence. If you get clear and gain confidence, then happen to have another breakout, I think you would be more likely to become depressed again because you don't have the confidence as an acne sufferer. But if you gained the confidence before you're clear, you could care less if you have a breakout. You know how to handle yourself with or without acne. That's what I think, anyway.

Best advice so far.

Get you some tane

I agree you can't really belittle him, no one even knows him.

I lost a lot of confidence because of acne. There was other things but when you've become conscious of your skin for 8 years it really wears you down.

science is the only real religion, its the only method of gaining reliable knowledge about the world to end suffering.

i suggest you take a vacation and go far away to get this stuff of your mind for a while, and get used to just letting things go, let"god" take them if he wants to, what can you really expect out of life, nothing, so lose your sense of entitlement as the only real wealth is peace of mind, all that pressure that is on you right now, let it float away into nothingness as you being here right now, is all "god" ever expected of you everything else that you think you are supposed to be, is a man made idea, when you realize this truth your mind is now free from improbable unfulfillable desires.

i think its clear the original intention of this topic has now become hopelessly lost. That the original poster, clearly an individual in need of advice and support (which is what this whole forum is about), has now been drowned out in petty arguments surrounding the implications of acne etc. I think the most powerful answer is in the complete absence of the original poster since this topic began.

Go to a dr to sort out yr skin AND your apparent depression.

DONT BLAME ACNE FOR EVERYTHING.

yes it is shit and yes it makes you feel paranoid but that is NO EXCUSE for fucking up your entire life.

GET A GRIP.

Im aware that you may be genuinely suffering from mental issues as a consequence of yr acem, or maybe thats just how you are, but from you're post all I want to do is scream "DONT BE SO SELF PITYING!!!!"

I have seen some truly bad bad BAD cases of acne on this forum and they just got the fuck on with it.

Maybe you could get some support and personal advice from them?