Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unisole

Swollen Lips, Very Red.. Any Ideas?

Been on 60mg per day for 1 week (Second course of Accutain)

The past 2 days ive had really saw lips.. Like their swollen.. im putting layers and layers of vaseline on my lips but it doesn't seem to be helping. (this isnt just chapped lips its like even around my lips are swollen and very saw, even hard to open mouth)

When i was on 40mg per day for 6 months on my first course my lips were no were near as bad as this.. supose it was a lower dose i know.

Is there anythink i can do to make them not swollen??

Any products to use to make them not swollen and not as saw??

(P.s so embarasing when ur constantly kissing your girlfriend.. How depressing)

Any help would be HIGHLY apressiated

Thanks

My derm prescribed Dr. Dan's Cortibalm. You can get it on the internet, or ask your local pharmacy order it. Works miracles. He developed this for "tane lips".

My derm prescribed Dr. Dan's Cortibalm. You can get it on the internet, or ask your local pharmacy order it. Works miracles. He developed this for "tane lips".

Thanks dude :) atleast someone replied this forum is shit for replys

sure its not just from licking? from my experience sometimes my lips swell up bad and get red all around and it hurts...but its just from licking them too much cos of the dryness, just an idea ;)

blistex also works a charm.

that is developed for cold sores and "chapped lips". Since chapped lips is the result of moisture loss, this will be great for "tane lips". I also use it aswell :)

Thanks for the replys..

Yeh i dont think licking would have helped.. i havnt touched my lips other than soak them in loads of vaseline.. there not as swollen but still swollen..

Im ordering some of that dr dans stuff.. couldnt find it nowere.. barr an american site so ordering some of that dr dans tonight :)

i agree with using blistex- very cheap and much better than vaseline and comes in two kinds- a hydrating one and a relief one- i use it all the time! the best i have found- and yes i am on accutane too!

good luck