Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chippy!

My acne - im new btw :)

Hi guys, i thought i'd join this forum. im 18, male and from the UK.

i first started having acne when i was about 15 i think. this last year has been the worst :( how would i describe it? hmmm well its moderate i'd say. i get it on my face and top of my back. on my face most of the acne is on the side of my cheeks but there are a few on my forehead, chin etc. i wash my face in the morning and night. i tend to mix around the face washes i use. but no matter how much i wash it , they still appear :( i don't know any of the names of these spots types, so i'll just describe them. i normally get a redness with a white spot thingy in the middle which i always squeeze out before it gets any bigger. but then im left with like red soures for many days. so bascially i dont have spots now, i just have lots of red marks. i've tried putting anti-septic cream on them wish does work a bit, but then it gives me a rash and dries my skin out. i've noticed that my skin is constantly greacy. im quite pale , so acne shows up a lot on me. i do touch my face too much as well, without realizing most of the time. ive also noticed that the sun does clear my face up more, but im in the house often becasue i dont work and ive just finished school, plus Britain is well known for its crap weather lol. anyway , back to the point. i think my diet might play a part, i do eat a lot, im really skinny so i try to eat all the time. regardles if its bad for me. but i do eat lots of fruit and veg to make up for it. i also exericse about once or twice a week. oh and i have about 2 cups of tea a day. i think im eating too much sugar as well.

please can you give me some advice. :)

thanks in advance!

Hey there, welcome to the site.

After reading your post there are a few things that spring to mind, that you need to do to combat your acne. I would suggest:

You stop squeezing the spots, just let them run their course. What you're doing will spread the bacteria and the spots are more likely to leave scars. Also it doesnt really make then look better, in fact worse.

I don't know if you've been to the doctors, but you must go. They can prescribe your much more effective topical or oral medications to combat your acne, reducing it significantly.

Also for the most part diet doesn't cause acne, so I wouldn't worry too much about what you eat, just eat healthy lol.

Basically if you haven't been to the doctors get down their and discuss it with your GP.

in my experience diet is a major cause for my acne, and the cure.

i would suggest you read the site on various regimines to try and find one that suits you.

iv had various prescriptions from the doc before and none worked but thats not saying they wont work for you, all skins are different.

im from uk had acne since 16, now 20, i started my regimine at the end of march and i am now nearly clear...again, was totally clear bout a week ago then took some fish oil capsules which broke me out, only 1 whitehead left.

Hey there, welcome to the site.

After reading your post there are a few things that spring to mind, that you need to do to combat your acne. I would suggest:

You stop squeezing the spots, just let them run their course. What you're doing will spread the bacteria and the spots are more likely to leave scars. Also it doesnt really make then look better, in fact worse.

I don't know if you've been to the doctors, but you must go. They can prescribe your much more effective topical or oral medications to combat your acne, reducing it significantly.

Also for the most part diet doesn't cause acne, so I wouldn't worry too much about what you eat, just eat healthy lol.

Basically if you haven't been to the doctors get down their and discuss it with your GP.

very good advice. i will add stop picking and touching!! i recently stopped and my face has improved greatly. no red spots and the acne i had went away much faster. try to be more conscious of touching your face.

like previous said, everyone is different and different things work for different people. diet does not effect my acne at all. if i work out ( intensely and sweat ) my face improves. i also have seen a derm which has prescribed an antibiotic ( to take during my period time ) and a topical to apply at night.

check out the baby brush method thread, it seems to have helped alot of members:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/The-offic...ng-t140618.html