Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have suffered with this disease for 14 years now, and feel totally powerless.

I have no more fight left in me. Started accutane twice but stopped twice after 2 weeks

because i was fearful of the side effects. I have never really had much other treatments throughout the years. I also have these 5 bumps on my nose whice refuses to go away after 10 years, because my dad squezeed them. And to top everything, I am going through too much in my family with no one to turn to. Despite all of this I have upheld my dignity and remained true to my selef. Always helping others when I can and looking for the best in others. But i feel i am being punished for something I may have done, maybe in my past life. I am currently looking at some ways to leave this earth. I know I wont be missed.

Hey, there will be times when we all feel like giving up, but life is precious and it's not worth giving up on it so easily. Ultimately, time will resolve problems that may seem insurmountable to you now.

If you are not afraid of death, then you are not afraid of anything else.

I really hope you won't do anything foolish. You can always talk to people if you feel like you need to vent. PM me if you want :)

I know what you mean. I feel like I'm being punished while I have done nothing wrong too. I think it's very brave of you to still see the good in people and remained your dignity. I try to do that too but it's difficult because I've been hurt by a lot of people. But don't let it get to you! Don't even think about killing yourself. There's always someone who will miss you, even if you don't think there will be. Life will get better eventuelly, at least that is what I like to believe. Hold on to that. I don't know what's going on in your family, but they must love you don't they? My mother caused my family al lot of trouble but I love her to death and I know she feels the same.

As for the acne part, please just take accutane. Yes, it has serious side effects. But I took it too and maybe I'm lucky (as a lot of people here) but I didn't have really bad side effects. It made me so much happier about myself, I am acne free now! Don't be too scared of accutane!

Hold on, take accutane or try something else like the Acne.org regimen and go and do fun stuff with friends. And if there is really no-one you can turn to, you can always post on this forum. People here will listen. I will listen.

I know how you feel, of course I often wonder what I did to deserve this. I hope you don't seriously think about following through with what you're saying but I do think you should feel free to use these boards to vent. Having someone to talk to about this can relieve the stress and loneliness that is all too often inseparable from severe acne.

In my experience, these bad times come in waves and you just need to be strong. It sounds like you've got experience in being strong, just remember that ultimately your skin is not the most important thing in your life and it's not what defines you. If nothing else, just remember- this too shall pass.

Good luck, don't do something crazy.

Just go on Accutane!! Ugh.

I don't understand why more people don't. The side effects are nothing compared to what you'll gain in the end. What you don't want is your acne, and Accutane will get rid of that. Just go on it!

I know what you mean. I feel like I'm being punished while I have done nothing wrong too. I think it's very brave of you to still see the good in people and remained your dignity. I try to do that too but it's difficult because I've been hurt by a lot of people. But don't let it get to you! Don't even think about killing yourself. There's always someone who will miss you, even if you don't think there will be. Life will get better eventuelly, at least that is what I like to believe. Hold on to that. I don't know what's going on in your family, but they must love you don't they? My mother caused my family al lot of trouble but I love her to death and I know she feels the same.

As for the acne part, please just take accutane. Yes, it has serious side effects. But I took it too and maybe I'm lucky (as a lot of people here) but I didn't have really bad side effects. It made me so much happier about myself, I am acne free now! Don't be too scared of accutane!

Hold on, take accutane or try something else like the Acne.org regimen and go and do fun stuff with friends. And if there is really no-one you can turn to, you can always post on this forum. People here will listen. I will listen.

Fuck dude your worried about accutane's side effects but willing to take your own life??

Fucking try it out at least you've got nothing to loose, side effects are minimal, e.g dry lips... other people just dramatize that bull shit of white might happen.

But fucking try tane for at least 2 months, if acne is your only problem..

this is pissing me off, dude, go on accutant... your afraid of the fucking side effects??????? you know how many ppl would lvoe to get there hand son accutant and you have it but are to afraid of minor side effetcs? excuse me but stop being a bitch and go on it

Guest missyjean130

In the long run, accutane is worth it, in my humble opinion...

Theres also various lasers and such that can help.

I myself am going to get a mild laser treatment 6 motnhs after i finish my tane.

If you give up without trying everything first..you could be dying when in the future you could have been really happy. I also know people that have disfigurements other than acne, and they live life and are very happy. I once knew someone that was born with a cleft lip a pallette, His upper lip was left severly disfigured..and one side of his nostril was collapsed. Yet he learned to be happy despite his disposition, not care what others think, and he's successful at life. You can still be happy if you CHOOSE to be. Nobody ever chose to have acne, but it's your choice to be happy or not.

I myself am going to get a mild laser treatment 6 motnhs after i finish my tane.

If you give up without trying everything first..you could be dying when in the future you could have been really happy. I also know people that have disfigurements other than acne, and they live life and are very happy. I once knew someone that was born with a cleft lip a pallette, His upper lip was left severly disfigured..and one side of his nostril was collapsed. Yet he learned to be happy despite his disposition, not care what others think, and he's successful at life. You can still be happy if you CHOOSE to be. Nobody ever chose to have acne, but it's your choice to be happy or not.

Guest missyjean130
:dance: Thanks and good luck,hun!

I've suffered with acne for the same amount of time as you (started at 11, I'm 25 now) and I can understand why you are frustrated, but your life is worth more than that. I know its hard to deal w/ after so many years but don't let your acne define you. Your life is valuable and I'm sure you have a life worth living.

What does strike me as odd is that you are afraid of Accutane's side-effects, but you are not afraid to end your life. It sounds to me like you WANT to live, you are just reaching out/looking for some answers.

I'd miss you..... Don't do something drastic until you are fully aware of all the effects.

I don't believe in karma, suffering is simple cause and effect it has no paranormal contributors. Try your best to be happy, your happiness doesn't have to be like everyone else's. Feel how you want to feel and live your life how you choose.

i'm really sorry to hear that you're depressed.

i'll tell you what helps me with the every-day desire to kill myself. i've convinced myself that this world is full of shit. 95% of the time, bad people win and good people lose - that's just the way it is. i look back on my life and i've deserved none of this shit, nor have you...

a great tool to use is my good friend ANGER. trust me, it works wonders.

what you have to do is not give a flying fuck about anything or anyone. i'm positive you have some anger built up inside but he doesn't have a chance to show his magic because you're so wrapped up in your sorrow. my suggestion to you is to let him out! let him drive you around, like your own personal chauffeur. sometimes it's the only way to get what you want in this bullshit of a life. try it, you may be in for a surprise...

anyway, don't knock yourself off. there may be some excitement coming your way - you never know. you have to be here to find out, right?

gl...

I've suffered with acne for the same amount of time as you (started at 11, I'm 25 now) and I can understand why you are frustrated, but your life is worth more than that. I know its hard to deal w/ after so many years but don't let your acne define you. Your life is valuable and I'm sure you have a life worth living.

What does strike me as odd is that you are afraid of Accutane's side-effects, but you are not afraid to end your life. It sounds to me like you WANT to live, you are just reaching out/looking for some answers.

Someone falls to pieces

Sleepin all alone

Someone kills the pain

Spinning in the silence

To finally drift away

Someone gets excited

In a chapel yard

Catches a bouquet

Another lays a dozen

White roses on a grave

To be yourself is all that you can do

To be yourself is all that you can do