Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all. So my doctor prescribed me Retin A for my hypertrophic scar. He said it should somewhat flatten in 18 months!!! Wow. How depressing is that? Well anyways I know that Julies Apeel is a way stronger retinoid so Im hoping that using this instead of Retin A will speed up the process. What do you guys think? Anything else I can do for these raised scars? I was gonna have them erbium lasered off but Ive had erbium laser on my entire face and it wasnt pleasant. Maybe cryotherapy? But than I have to walk around with scabs on my face for 4 weeks. How exciting. I was gonna try steroid injections but I hear that can make the scar depressed and I will probably need injections every so often and Im not rich. I cant afford that. I was gonna try needling them but I think thats how I got them in the first place. Life sucks. Go me. :doubt:

On top of that I have two beautiful sisters with flawless skin.

anyone?

hi melanie, did you develop hypertrophic from needling?

I have developped a scar slightly elevated, from needling and tca cross. Is it really elevated?

I heard silicone sheets, can help. I havnt seen a derm yet, but i know its looking like the sign of a hypertrophic scar. bit worried now, im looking for the best solution, i also heard steroid injections, have risks involved. Keep you posted if have any news.

anyone?

I have developped a scar slightly elevated, from needling and tca cross. Is it really elevated?

I heard silicone sheets, can help. I havnt seen a derm yet, but i know its looking like the sign of a hypertrophic scar. bit worried now, im looking for the best solution, i also heard steroid injections, have risks involved. Keep you posted if have any news.

The hypertrophic scars are pretty elevated and quite noticeable. Yes, they were formed after I had needling done. This is so depressing. I went in to get my ice pick scars treated and now Im left with hypertrophic scars. Will this ever end?

anyone?

The hypertrophic scars are pretty elevated and quite noticeable. Yes, they were formed after I had needling done. This is so depressing. I went in to get my ice pick scars treated and now Im left with hypertrophic scars. Will this ever end?

if you go for steroid injections, let me know how it went for you, The one i developped is raised but not that much, just barely noticeable. Im still wondering if it will get bigger. So far im just using retin a.

I think if yours is noticeable enough, steroid injection in small doses could help you. Let me know if you decide on a treatment. Its awfull to treat a scar and form another one instead.

Can i ask, how you did the needling? how many times? which facial area? whats your skin type?