Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Estelle

Do you think Accutane would be right for me?

Hello, New here.

I have had acne since I was maybe about 12..I am 22 now. I have tried everything under the sun except accutane because I am scaried of the initial breakout and side-effects.

Here are some pictures from today...I have a few that are under the skin that are hard..I hate those.

I do have a question:

Does everyone who goes on accutane get a bad initial breakout? ( I think I would only want togo on a low dose) Would that lessen the bad breakouts in the beginning?

I have a job that is in the public eye and I am not sure I can stand going through a bad time again.

Thanks for any help and advice. :D

post-76639-1211491332_thumb.jpg

post-76639-1211491332_thumb.jpg

I have heard of the "initial breakout" and I know that some people do not go through it. I am probably going to be taking accutane in month or so, and I have done a bunch of research on it. some people break out like crazy on and off for like a month and a half, some just get better slowly from the start, and some have a bad breakout, then get better. These are the three cases I've heard about, and usually I hear that the first month can be rough, but it's well worth it in the long run. Id recommend trying accutane if you really wand to cure your acne for good, because I think that it would clear you up nicely. That one month might be difficult, but just look to the future, and hope for the best.

Hi,

I have been on accutane for almost one month now and my side effects have not been bad at all. I have had the dry lips, and a bit of a break out (that could have something to do with a period being due though) and a couple of other minor things but that is it. On the flip side, my skin is looking much better, I have no new spots at all. My skin is not oily like it used to be and I do not have to wash my hair every morning. So far I am loving not having to constantly check my face to see what state my make up is in. I only really get the bad spots on my chin, but I have been getting these since I was 19 and I am now 32, so I don't think I am going to grow out of it.

I also work in the public eye, so I totally relate to wanting to be clear so that you don't feel that everyone is looking at your spots. I am on 40mg weigh 136lbs and I am 5'6", however as my side effects are so slight I am going to ask to be put on to 60mg.

I was so frightened of going on accutane and put it off for years, and I have found this site so helpful, and I am so glad I have done it.

Best of Luck

Rachel

I don't see any cysts, so your derm might not get you Accutane. Your acne seems popped, so if you apply some benzoyl peroxide it should work. I think the Regimen would be good for you.

one thing my derm told me was stop picking and stop touching my face. i never listened and 3 days ago ( yrs after seeing this derm ) and i stoppped touching my face. my face has improved immensely. the little acne i had, disappeared in two days rather than weeks. left little or no marks and i have not got anything new. i also started using the baby brush method which leaves my skin feeling soft and smoother. excercising is also great for getting rid of acne.

I don't see any cysts, so your derm might not get you Accutane. Your acne seems popped, so if you apply some benzoyl peroxide it should work. I think the Regimen would be good for you.

What is the baby brush method? Unless it is what it says...using a baby brush on your skin lol..

Thanks for the advice:)

Yep, you hit that one right on the head. :)

If you've already tried everything else to no avail, and your derm will prescribe it, I say go for it.