Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
badeee

How long should you wait between moisturizing and applying makeup?

On the acne.org regime or otherwise? I'm waiting for my starter kit to arrive in the mail and was just wondering since the other wait times have been pointed out so strategically.

Give it between 5 to 15 minutes. No less than 5, I'd say. Depends on your skin. Have you used moisturizers before? If so, how long have you normally waited before makeup?

I think it also depends on what kind of makeup you're using. If you're using liquid, then YES, wait a good amount of time...make sure your face feels dry before you put the foundation on.

However, if you use powder makeup, I think you can be a little more lenient in the wait time, especially if you tend to have dry skin. I've found that my makeup has looked MUCH better since I've been applying it just a couple of minutes after my moisturizer, while my skin is still moist. The powder latches onto the moisturizer, and looks flawless. If I wait until my face feels dry, then my face looks flaky when I put on the powder. I don't use very much, though, so I can't speak to how it would be if I needed heavier coverage....but the makeup also doesn't seem to slide off.

::shrugs:: Trial and error, I would think. Took me a while to find out what worked for me.

Thanks for all of your input, girls!

Give it between 5 to 15 minutes. No less than 5, I'd say. Depends on your skin. Have you used moisturizers before? If so, how long have you normally waited before makeup?

I see that you use baby oil Faydra Lune. I take it that's okay for your skin? Do you use a cotton ball with it? I mean, I don't cake on my makeup, but it definitely doesn't seem like it will just come off with a splash of water and seems that makeup residue would still be there esp. with such a short wash time (Dan says under 10 secs) ... alas, I did use a washcloth (very gently) for removing makeup (with just warm water) before starting the process the past two nights ...

Anyone else have any input on makeup removal?

wait until your moisturizer is completely absorbed into your skin

your face should not feel sticky when you touch it