Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whereas my acne is getting soo much better, I hate when I get one or two REAL obvious spots or blotches and I work at STARBUCKS of all places. I see friends, regulars, strangers, coworkers, higher-ups from HQ (starbucks midwest regional headquarters is right by my store so we get TONS of HQ people all the time)

Anyway, I get loads of FACE 2 FACE time with people, which is great when my skin is having a good day. But when its not I just want to hide behind the bar which NOT POSSIBLE especially when people come to see just you or regulars who reckognize everyone.

Anyone hear me on this?

I know how you feel. I used to work as a cashier at grocery stores for a few years back in high school and early college. Being face to face with people was really stressful.

Actually you do see the same people over and over again because they keep going to that store...

Chances are they won't remember you though.

most will not, but considering the fact I know about 60-80 people by their drinks alone and see them in the downtown area I work in, they do! Which is cool, but kinda creepy.

I know what you mean. I'm in the process of getting a summer job, and I had to apply at retail stores like American Eagle and Aeropostale. Granted, I shop there. But it was hard going in there because most people with low self esteem don't shop at those places, so beauties walk in all day long.

Buy some sunshine in a bag. Take the edge off.

People will judge, everyone seems to be a critic nowadays. So honestly i know its hard, but don't let it get to you. Be friendly, smile like you mean it. :)

Your missing the point. I'm sure she is friendly with her customers, but she's jsut saying it's extra hard to be face to face on a bad day. Which I tolly understand.

And yes sunshine in a bag is a great medicine for acne stress.

Yeah, but it doesn't matter. You seem them once for like 2 minutes then never again, lol...

Boom.

I work at a supermarket, and when I first started accutane my face looked ridiculous. Children made comments, people stared, co-workers commented. I laughed it away, stared right back and told them straight up why I looked like I had slept for a couple of weeks in Sahara with sunglasses on (the area around my eye didn't get red, which made it even more hilarious/disgusting to look at).

Don't let things get to you. It doesn't matter.

Yeah, but it doesn't matter. You seem them once for like 2 minutes then never again, lol...

Boom.

I work at a supermarket, and when I first started accutane my face looked ridiculous. Children made comments, people stared, co-workers commented. I laughed it away, stared right back and told them straight up why I looked like I had slept for a couple of weeks in Sahara with sunglasses on (the area around my eye didn't get red, which made it even more hilarious/disgusting to look at).

Don't let things get to you. It doesn't matter.

I just started a waitressing job a couple days ago, and I do find it hard to talk to people face to face at times, but I just try to fake happiness and make eye contact.

As they say..."fake it until you can make it!"

hey,

i know exactly how you feel.....i work at j crew and work around absolutely beautiful people. its hard getting yourself to go to work because you are worried about what other people think. the only thing that gets me through the day is thinking that having acne isnt my fault (and i try damn well as hard as i possibly can to get rid of it). if people arent willing to accept you and they only judge you based on your appearance then why would you even want to care what they think. i hope that helps.... and i know its really hard....trust me. good luck to you.

Try working the drive through if you are having a bad face day.

I have seen a lot of weird people working at starbucks, so don't feel you have to be perfect to work there. People go to starbucks for coffee not a model shoot.

yeah i totally know how you feel. my skin's starting to clear up but then there's this once biggish pimple on my cheek. i hate those. it's sooo noticeable. i wanna pop it but it's a good millimeter or 2 behind the skin. grrrrr

I worked retail for over 5 years. I didn't let acne bother me b/c I was there to make some mula!

And I had regular customers. Some even offered skin advice lol. I never let it bother me since I knew some were just outright curious or just inconsiderate of other ppls feelings. After 5 years it kind of just doesn't get to you.