Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today i bumped into my family friend whilst walking toward the train station in the city. We haven't seen each other since last year and she starts saying "hi, how are you?" and stuff. Then i can see her eyes staring at my face ..& then she said what happened to your face? (so out of the blue)

from that point i felt everything inside me went so low. (if you get what i mean? lol)

i felt so sad. i just wish my scars would fade away asap....it kinda hurts when i get comments like that...even though its true...i dunnoe why?

& when ppls say those kinda stuff, i dunnoe how to respond?....i mean its not like an everyday question you get...if you know what i mean.

I hate that. I have absolutely no tolerance for ignorant shit like that.

I know how this feels... I work at a grocery store and one day I came into work when my face was really broken out and one of the cashiers asked me RIGHT in front of a bagger and a customer, "Oh my gosh whats wrong with your face?". I wanted to disappear but alas my shift had just started.

On a separate occasion I was working and bagging some groceries when a child in the customers cart started asking his mom why I had spots on my face. :( The kid asked over and over, and I pretended like I wasnt paying attention and the lady finally said "I dont know honey!"

You should prepare a story for when kids say that. Something like "I was hunting for a lost city in the Amazon jungle when a swarm of killer bees attacked me."

You should prepare a story for when kids say that. Something like "I was hunting for a lost city in the Amazon jungle when a swarm of killer bees attacked me."

Guest missyjean130

I know exactly how you feel..once, my grandma on my father's side came over for a visit ( havn't seen her in years) and I was told to come out of my room to greet her and she says," Oh my god! what happened to your face!" kind of loudly...Yeah, back into my room I went. I've also had friends tell me something like," I use "blah blah" and it might work for you" It never fails someone I know brings up my acne.

It does hurt, my friends a bit less because they're just trying to be helpful...but I hate when people are just so blunt about it.

Oh also I hate when the word "acne" is ever said. It makes me cringe. I can handle "breaking out" and such but that word bugs me to even hear it. Any of you like that?

i agree completely, its a horrible feeling when you can see people staring at your face, even when they dont say anything about it. the worst one i had was walking past a primary school the other week and a little girl shouted out "look its a boy with spots". that hurt!

Oh also I hate when the word "acne" is ever said. It makes me cringe. I can handle "breaking out" and such but that word bugs me to even hear it. Any of you like that?

i agree completely, its a horrible feeling when you can see people staring at your face, even when they dont say anything about it. the worst one i had was walking past a primary school the other week and a little girl shouted out "look its a boy with spots". that hurt!

Yeah it's hard to hear someone say that when they first met you they though you were a pizza face. :( I guess that's "ok" to say now since my face is 100X better, but I still have troubled skin. It still hurts to think about - it's not like I wanted it!

You have some rude people over there, haha.

I never get comments from strangers about my skin, rarely from my family. Whenever i walk around in public or talk to somebody i can feel what they think though and that doesn't hurt any less.

Yeah, I feel you..seriously.

A few months ago I sat down with my family for dinner, and my sister looks at me and goes ":o what happened to your faceeee" staring at my chin and stuff and touching her perfectly clear one.

I went upstairs and cried.

aw, i'm sorry that happened to you! Some people can be so insensitive and cruel!

I've had my share of rude comments about my skin in the past, but i try not to let them get me down too much!

Nothing worse than someone talking to you and you can see that they are analysing your skin!!

It's okay, it was in the past :)

I try not to let things get me down too much too. I might be upset about my skin, but nobody takes it to heart as much as I do. So I just try to chin up and be myself, without worrying about my skin, even though it's tough. It's tough to try to act happy all the time so people don't treat you like 'that poor girl with acne, oh no :(.'

My friend analyzed my skin the other day! But this is only because everytime I see someone who doesn't know about how bad my skin has gotten..I try to bring it up in conversation going like 'My forehead itches, I'm sooo broken out I hate it.' Then they start to look, so maybe I should shut up about it haha

"Wow, your skin looks bad. Have you tried tanning? ProActiv?" Implying that I haven't done anything to try to help myself. Contrary to what you may think I've actually tried to improve my skin, you ignorant fuckwit.

Guest missyjean130

Everyone's gotta mention proactive. Makes Melissa angry! rawr!