Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
naufragio

another dermal grafting experience

There was another post regarding dermal grafting on here not too long ago. Apparently the woman had quiet a wonderful success with it. I just had dermal grafting and feel the need to provide a more balanced outlook with the hopes that you do not make the same mistake I did. Basically, the grafts did nothing, and actually made things a whole lot worse. The cuts made to insert them are hideous and I imagine they will leave more scars. There are also a bunch of over-filled lumps. This was done by a very reputable doctor who is known for dermal grafts in CA, and he told me there were no possibilities of making things worse. Pleasant surprise.

But you know, I used to come to this board a lot, wondering if my scars were really what was prohibiting me from living. I didn't have any sort of relationship for many years. Now I do, I never thought I would be accepted, let alone by someone so impeccably beautiful, but I have been. I encourage you all to reconsider doing any procedure like this before just jumping into it based on the deceiving words of some doctor.

Take care.

-Fermín

Fermín,

Thanks for the post. Bad news is as important as good news. I'm happy to see your are thriving though and your scars are not inhibiting life!

PennyPal

Would you mind posting or Pm'ing the doctor's name. I have had problems with my dermal grafts also. One is way worse. I don't know whether to try another round or just stop.