Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clc1

Need moisturizer/foundation recommendations for my wedding

Hi,

I'm starting to freak out because my wedding is in 2 months, and I am scheduled to finish my last dose of accutane 4-5 days before my wedding. My derm just upped my dose from 60mg/day to 80, because I am still experiencing a few breakouts. My wedding is in drier climate than where I am now, and obviously accutane, dry air, and makeup do not mix! I really have no clue what to do, I use mineral makeup on a daily basis but this isn't good for events/photos. Also, my skin tends to be dry by the afternoon even though I moisturize w/2 good products right after my AM shower.

I don't want my face to be flaking/dull and dry on my wedding day.

Any suggestions for moisturizers, and especially foundation? Any other tips?

thanks

I had this same problem (with dry skin + makeup....not the getting married part)

I absolutely SWEAR by Jojoba oil as a moisturizer!! It is the most amazing thing for dry skin. I use Dessert Essence brand.

After putting that on, letting it soak in and such, I use Loreal trumatch liquid foundation for red spots. The key is to put some on your finger, and pat it onto your skin gently. DONT rub it around, it will just mess up the final look.

Then I use the Loreal mineral powder over my whole face. You'd be surprised how for once, mineral powder won't accentuate dryness. I think it's because of how great jojoba oil is.

From what I've researched, its one of the only moisturizers that can penetrate 7 layers, which is why people love it.

Well anyway, there are lots of brands, but I would definitely get an organic kind of you can.

AND CONGRATS ON YOUR BIG DAY!!

I had this same problem (with dry skin + makeup....not the getting married part)

I absolutely SWEAR by Jojoba oil as a moisturizer!! It is the most amazing thing for dry skin. I use Dessert Essence brand.

After putting that on, letting it soak in and such, I use Loreal trumatch liquid foundation for red spots. The key is to put some on your finger, and pat it onto your skin gently. DONT rub it around, it will just mess up the final look.

Then I use the Loreal mineral powder over my whole face. You'd be surprised how for once, mineral powder won't accentuate dryness. I think it's because of how great jojoba oil is.

From what I've researched, its one of the only moisturizers that can penetrate 7 layers, which is why people love it.

Well anyway, there are lots of brands, but I would definitely get an organic kind of you can.

AND CONGRATS ON YOUR BIG DAY!!

thanks for the congrats. I have tried jojoba oil in the past but was never sure if it was causing acne (obviously it's hard when you have acne and you can't pinpoint one product)....I guess I'll give it a shot again and see.

if you are wary of using the jojoba oil by itself (because you will need more), try mixing it with a good lotion like CeraVe or Cetaphil. That will allow the lotion to absorb much deeper.