Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am kind of in a predicament!! haha! I have a date this wednesday with my ex boyfriend who I just haven't been able to get over since we broke up and my skin keeps getting worse and I feel like I should maybe cancel and reschedule to avoid seeing him when I don't even like myself. If I don't like myself I tihnk that he wont like me either. What do you think? Should I cancel and make an excuse or go on the date and worry about what he is thinking of me?

Well, if he's really interested in you, he shouldn't care too much. If you feel like he's going to be bothered by your skin, don't even bother with him. It's tough, but it's all in your head. Don't worry, enjoy yourself, and go on that date. But, why he is your ex is not my business so I won't bother.

He's my ex because it was a highschool relationship and I broke up with him. You know the typical highschool relationships... break up, get back together, break up etc. Haha! But now that I am older and still think of him I want to maybe see if we are still the same people (it's been 3 years :S ).

He has never seen me with acne because my face when he dated me was pretty much flawless so that is why I am so nervous. it's not so much him i am worried about. I am more worried that I wont be mself because I will feel self-conscious

I understand how you feel...!

Of course you want to look good when you see someone special.

If you can postpone the date, I think you should. Because you are so worried about it, maybe it is the best solution for you.

But if to cancel the date might give your ex-boy wrong idea(like you are not interested in him or something..), then you should go. And just go and have fun ;)! Don't lose your opportunity to see him again.

He might not care about your acne at all. He maybe really likes you and just want to hang out with you. Like other members said, if he really likes you, he won't be bothered by your acne!

Like my boyfriend, he doesn't care about my acne, and he just loves me :).

He supports me about it, too :).

Please don't worry so much. Stress is no good for your skin anyway!

Good luck.

I guess your all right! Haha! I am just nervous but I secretly hope I don't cancel because like you said above, I think he will take it to mean that I am not interested or something.

This whole situation is really weird because we dated for like 2 years (off and on cause I broke up with him all the time...stupid me) and then we broke up for good when i went to university, he got a new girlfriend and dated her for 3 years. Then I come home this summer and found out they broke up and now we are going out for coffee?? I feel like this is all coming together wayyy too fast. Maybe he's just trying to make his ex jealous or maybe he never stopped liking me? Ahh... so many thoughts running through my head! :(

I just want to make a good impression and I think I am just worried that maybe he will not like me as much as I like him. I guess the only way to find out is to go on the date though... ugh... i'm scared haha

Yeah, I feel you..!

But like you said, "the only way to find out is to go on the date"...!

And if he is just play game with you (like he's just trying to make his ex jealous..), then it is better to move on. There are so many boys at there ;)!

But if he never stopped liking you, then you can try with him again :).

Either way, no regret and just be yourself.

Don't be scared, and take it easy. you will be fine!

You can always talk to us ;)!

Yes I know and I thank you all soooo much for the advice!! Haha! I am going to go I think... I hope I don't back out at the last second! LOL! But I will definately update come Wednesday on what happened and if I actually followed through and went on the date!! :)

THANK YOU

Yes I know and I thank you all soooo much for the advice!! Haha! I am going to go I think... I hope I don't back out at the last second! LOL! But I will definately update come Wednesday on what happened and if I actually followed through and went on the date!! :)

THANK YOU

This is actually a good test. Go on the date, be yourself and have fun. If he honestly makes a big deal about the way your face looks, then you shouldn't be with someone that shallow anyways! Good luck!

Uggh, I'm in the same situation. I've actually called off several dates in the past 6 months because of my acne situation.

Anyways, I can totally sympathize with you. I think the bigger issue is your attitude during the date rather than what he thinks about your appearance. It's easy for other's to tell you to go on the date and just act natural, but it's extremely difficult to do that if you're preoccupied with the appearance of your skin. It might sound shallow I know, but it's reality.

Is your acne serious or are we talking just a few bumps? If it's not that serious, just be aware that the vast majority of guys will understand.

Yes my acne is definately serious... i'm on accutane so it would have to be serious or else I would not be putting these pills into my body! :shifty: I can cover up most of the pimples on my face but I have two really really big ones. One is on my chin and my mom even commented today that it "looks like a wart"... SWEET...thanks mom! Haha! The other one is to the side of my upper lip and both are very visable... even with makeup.

I really want to go on the date, but my moms comment just made me rethink everything. I'm sorry guys but I think I might cancel and reschedule. Already planned my cancelation speech! However, I am going to wait until tomorrow morning and see how is looks. It might be doable if these two pimples drastically shrink over night.

But yes I totally agree with the post above this one. It definately affects my confidence and I will end up being a disaster if I am not okay with myself, even if he really is.

AND... about the comment about the "ex being anex for a reason"... I actually think that when I broke up with him I was just scared of commitment. I was in highschool and was scared of what came along with a relationship (i.e. Sex) haha! I broke up with him everytime it started to become too serious and then we would get back together (typical highschool relationship... at least at my school this was the norm for pretty much everyone the dated lol). But, since I still have not been able to get him out of my head and I am older and more mature, I think I should go out for coffee...just a coffee... and see if I really do still feel the same... don't you agree? :think:

haha well we are very different then cause i lean toward the kind of phrase that says something about letting what you love go free and if it comes back to you then you know its meant to be! :surprised: I know it sounds corny but its kinda cute. Plus, we are going out for coffee, so its not really an intense date. We will probably just become really good friends which is awesome cause I just want him back in my life. I miss him! :)

UPDATE!! I did not go on the date afterall :) BUT it was not because I cancelled and made up an excuse. He is the one that canceled on me! Haha! However, it was a very good excuse so I am not upset at all. It's perfect for me because now it doesnt matter what my face looks like :) YAY!! God really must love me because I think he just saved my ass! THANK YOU GOD!! :wub:

Turns out that God really wasnt working on my side for this one. The guy I was supposed to go for coffee with actually just ditched me and told me a lie to make it seem like he was being a nice guy. Guess I don't know my ex too well afterall. :( That makes me sad. But I guess now I feel better knowing that I tried my best to be his friend again and now its not up to me. Guess not everything works out the way you think it should.

You're on accutane though, right?

I know exactly how you feel, wanting to cancel dates, etc, because of the way your skin looks. I've held myself back from doing so many things I've wanted to do =/ I won't go anywhere if I have to be there overnight..and that's a LOT of things. Going away during weekends at college, visiting friends in the summer, you name it.

Can't wait to be freeee! ;D

So true!! Yupp you pretty much summed up my life lol! I can't wait for the end of the 6th month!! I'm honestly going to throw a party! Haha :lol: I just hope that the accutane works and that I am not part of the 10% it doesnt work for! If this ends up not working I don't know what else I could do. I've tried EVERYTHING!!

Good Luck to you! :) It's great to know I am not alone!

How about brutal honesty?

Just tell him your situation, he is after all a human being. Tell him that you have a bad breakout and very nervous about seeing him, see what he says.