Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
traveller

watch out needling and tca cross.

Just want to share my experience as a precaution to others dooing tca and needling

ive recently trying to fill up a depressed scar and by dooing so, needling and tca cross.

not combined, but treating different regions, with different treatments.

i have 2 scars close to one another. One of them i treated with needling 2 months ago, and is still pinkish (wondering if it will ever go back to normal state. Scar didnt elevate that much after 1 session. Or even at all.

I treated another scar about 1 mm away with tca cross. and what hapenned is that the area i needled, started swelling, a few days ago i noticed this when i visited my derm.

Its possibly a hypertrophic scar, result of an overproduction of collagen, or the way the scar healed itself. possibly the effect of traumautizibg it too much caused it to level a bit above the normal skin level.

I have to attribute this to the healing process, of puncturing the skin, and also tca cross.

Anyone experienced a similar situation, im not too worried about the hypertrophic, its not that raised but can be noticed as a little lump, same color as the skin. Handle with care, ive witnessed the eficacity of injuring the dermis to produce collagen, but overdooing it can also have its consequences.

Your scar must not have been that deep if it's now hypertrophic...

Most people will be happy with 80% improvements, I would saying going over 100% is pretty good.

Your scar must not have been that deep if it's now hypertrophic...

Most people will be happy with 80% improvements, I would saying going over 100% is pretty good.

thank you for posting this.i was thinking of doing the same thing. self-needled some of my scars yesterday and noticed that the icepicks didn't respond. actually they look worse since the skin around it is swollen and elevated but the ice picks maintained the same level of depression. thought i'd include tca the next time round but was hesitant considering how inflamed the surrounding skin was.

on a positive note, what you see as hypertrophic scars normally subside and become mostly level with the surrounding skin again after a few days.

Just want to share my experience as a precaution to others dooing tca and needling

ive recently trying to fill up a depressed scar and by dooing so, needling and tca cross.

not combined, but treating different regions, with different treatments.

i have 2 scars close to one another. One of them i treated with needling 2 months ago, and is still pinkish (wondering if it will ever go back to normal state. Scar didnt elevate that much after 1 session. Or even at all.

I treated another scar about 1 mm away with tca cross. and what hapenned is that the area i needled, started swelling, a few days ago i noticed this when i visited my derm.

Its possibly a hypertrophic scar, result of an overproduction of collagen, or the way the scar healed itself. possibly the effect of traumautizibg it too much caused it to level a bit above the normal skin level.

I have to attribute this to the healing process, of puncturing the skin, and also tca cross.

Anyone experienced a similar situation, im not too worried about the hypertrophic, its not that raised but can be noticed as a little lump, same color as the skin. Handle with care, ive witnessed the eficacity of injuring the dermis to produce collagen, but overdooing it can also have its consequences.

A tattoo gun is not the most appropriate tool to do needling on a scar, unless the proper needles are used, which should probably be custom made for this specific purpose 'cause standard tattoo needles are too thick and too close together.

Next time you want to try needling just get some dermaroller.

A tattoo gun is not the most appropriate tool to do needling on a scar, unless the proper needles are used, which should probably be custom made for this specific purpose 'cause standard tattoo needles are too thick and too close together.

Next time you want to try needling just get some dermaroller.