Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InRepair

I just did my first peel

So I did my first 30 percent peel. I think everything went well, I only did a minute and it stung a bit but nothing serious. I just wanted to know everything that happen is suppose to. I started by washing my face, putting on the alcohol, ect, then I put on the acid. I left it on for a minute then to neutralize it, I put baking soda on, as soon as I put it on it kinda fuzzed. I left it on till I didn't see any fuzzing. Then I put water on my face for a couple of minutes, till I felt the acid was off.

Right now my face feels warm but I'm assuming its suppose to be that way cause well its acid lol.

My question is how can I tell if I got it all off, I put water on my face for a while and the baking soda and right now my face looks fine.*Shrugs*

Since the first minute seemed to do well, should I only do another minute next week and then move it up? I don't want to move to quickly.

Oh and after I am done how long should I wait till I put on moisturizer? 5 min? 10 min?

it would probably be best to just have a dermatologist do it for you. I did that a while ago before my acne came back and it worked wonders.

it would probably be best to just have a dermatologist do it for you. I did that a while ago before my acne came back and it worked wonders.

I did a few peels with Glycolic acid, I don't know exactly what you're using, but I'm sure it's similar. They seemed to work well.

In my experience, doing a peel yourself is fine, as long as you make extra sure you don't get any acid anywhere near your eyes. Also, limit it to once every 7-10 days, and don't leave it on for longer than a minute or you'll have a red face for days. If in doubt, leave it on for as little time as possible; being gentle to your skin is the best way to get it to heal.

That and acid. =P

I tried 30% a few months back, but didn't do it enough to notice any improvements.. Hopefully you get a peel after only using it for 1min.. I had mine on for 5 or so and I didn't peel that much.. Skin differs though..

See how far you can go, don't go overboard though.. Paying a derm for a 1-5min thing which a monkey could do is pretty pointless imo.. Good luck with it..

Also if it helps any, not sure how bad your imperfections are.. I've been using Avon Anew products(since April) and they seem to be working well.. The cleanser, retional cream, and the peel..

Mine marks are not too bad.. They always look better when I leave my face alone, right when I put creams/peels on my face they seem more visible.. Don't get discouraged if you get to that point..

I would keep uping it unless 1min(getting effects) is doing you justice.. Just don't overdo it or you will fuck your face all up.. You will have a everlasting redness that won't go away until some months.. :ninja:

I can only handle a minute anyway. I did my second peel and I just got the first minute when It started to burn like HELL. It didn't do that the first time but yeah I'm not going over a minute, I slapped on the baking soda and it helped but wow. that shit you don't mess with lol stay under a minute I agree lol