Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This thread seems to stem from some sort of jealousy.

Dont judge a book by its cover. Just because someone chooses to look that way doesnt mean they are a fake or bad person.

I'm sure there are some guys who looovve the dyed blonde, dark tanned, dressed-up madeup look, just as there are some guys who prefer the no-makeup and/or tomboy look. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some guys are going to think you're the hottest thing in town, while others are going to like something totally different.

I like to make the most of my looks. I wear makeup to play up my good features, but I don't hide behind it. I love nice clothes and I love to look nice, but I have days where I sit around in pj's with no makeup playing video games all day, too. And Saturday is my dirty day. Unless I have something special to do, I don't get ready at all on Saturdays, the only thing I do is my face wash routine.

I think people who wear heavy make up and do all kind of stuff on their hair..they just love themselves more than anyone else

well idk im sort of trying to figure out my own style and i DO care what people think, to a certain extent, and i wanted to know if getting highlights, tans, and generally being "girly" made guys see me a certain way (slutty) that i dont want to be seen in... and no white, im not jealous of anyone! in fact i worry alot about being too attractive (not too sound narcissistic but im tall and thin and considered very good-looking) so i try to tone down my looks and i really dont want 2 be seen as hot and fake or whatever but on the other hand i do enjoy shopping, highlights, and a tan look...so i was just trying to figure out what guys think of certain looks =)

in fact i worry alot about being too attractive (not too sound narcissistic but im tall and thin and considered very good-looking)

You worry about being too good looking? I feel for you, I really do

Guys, do you prefer the dyed blonde hair, fake tan, madeup girl whos into being hot and sexy or what? does fakeness turn u off?

i dont think u can subjectify a person as "fake" for having blond hair, fake tan, ect. if they are most comfortable wit it, then go for it. i dont believe that someone can be "fake". ppl say that its when a person is untrue to them selves, but who really knows who they REALLY are? im 17 and i dont know who i am. no body can truly know them selves, no body can dress the same everyday, eat the same thing every day, do the same thing every day. out identity is very fragile, identity it self is an idea, very insipid idea.

One of my friends used to have pale-blonde hair, go tanning, wear quite a bit of eyeliner and mascara... She was very beautiful, but she kind of looked like Barbie. Getting to know her, however, I found she was incredibly down to earth and had a ridiculous sense of humor. She was never afraid to embarrass herself.

If a person alters their appearance to match their personality, then I think that's the very opposite of "fake".

...so i was just trying to figure out what guys think of certain looks =)

Let's not pick on blonds either....there's plenty of bottle brunettes out there with fake tans too. In fact, many brunettes & redheads dye their hair also. Most adult women seem to do something to their hair. I don't put hair dying on the same level as a boob job either (not even close). I think hair color and makeup is pretty standard grooming for most women. Of course there is everyday makeup vs. going out makeup, and some women - usually young girls - don't make that distinction. They usually learn as they get older what is appropriate for different occasions.

Personally, I've seen plenty of blonds with tans and makeup who neither looked fake nor whoreish, and I've seen plenty of pale brunettes who looked pretty trashy.

I'm not sure what is so bad about a fake tan vs a real tan. It's all damage to the skin (unless you go the bottle route & that rarely yields a dark tan). What makes one tan more fake than the other? Instead, question why having pale skin must be less attractive. I think both can look nice, and what is important is taking care of your skin and avoiding cancer. Some people tan very easily though, even with adequate sun screen.

For the record I'm a brunette who likes to be on the pale side, wear makeup, be feminine, and is into fashion, but I like my own quirky style over just flaunting whatever I may or may not have. I think if you groom to be polished, to express your personality, to be confident, and not just to get cheap male attention, then you probably won't come off as "fake". In short, you don't have to be a tom-boy to not be "fake".

Let's not pick on blonds either....there's plenty of bottle brunettes out there with fake tans too. In fact, many brunettes & redheads dye their hair also. Most adult women seem to do something to their hair. I don't put hair dying on the same level as a boob job either (not even close). I think hair color and makeup is pretty standard grooming for most women. Of course there is everyday makeup vs. going out makeup, and some women - usually young girls - don't make that distinction. They usually learn as they get older what is appropriate for different occasions.

Personally, I've seen plenty of blonds with tans and makeup who neither looked fake nor whoreish, and I've seen plenty of pale brunettes who looked pretty trashy.

I'm not sure what is so bad about a fake tan vs a real tan. It's all damage to the skin (unless you go the bottle route & that rarely yields a dark tan). What makes one tan more fake than the other? Instead, question why having pale skin must be less attractive. I think both can look nice, and what is important is taking care of your skin and avoiding cancer. Some people tan very easily though, even with adequate sun screen.

For the record I'm a brunette who likes to be on the pale side, wear makeup, be feminine, and is into fashion, but I like my own quirky style over just flaunting whatever I may or may not have. I think if you groom to be polished, to express your personality, to be confident, and not just to get cheap male attention, then you probably won't come off as "fake". In short, you don't have to be a tom-boy to not be "fake".

I agree with this. I groom and makeup for myself, so I feel pretty and confident, not for attention from anybody.

I personally don't care what other girls do to make themselves feel pretty, good for them. If it takes a tan and some hair dye, then great, whether it's my style or not. In my experience, confident girls have been less bitchy to me than girls who feel bad about themselves and try to bring others down. So, whatever it takes is fine with me.