Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JakeD

What I did to improve my blackheads...

Extraction and exfoliation are definitely the best ways to beat the blackheads. I also use mandelic still but I'm pretty sure it doesn't do anything.
Extraction and exfoliation are definitely the best ways to beat the blackheads. I also use mandelic still but I'm pretty sure it doesn't do anything.

roy, I remember you recommending mandelic acid to everyone with blackheads, What happened?

I have been using jojoba oil for a couple months now, and it is the BEST thing I have ever applied to my skin.

What kind of results have you been getting with jojoba oil. I have been applying it for about a week and am not sure of the results I should be seeing.

I have been using jojoba oil for a couple months now, and it is the BEST thing I have ever applied to my skin.

What kind of results have you been getting with jojoba oil. I have been applying it for about a week and am not sure of the results I should be seeing.

I find the jojoba oil makes keeps my pores clean, and makes them look smaller. It also has done wonders for the texture of my skin.

How are you applying it? Do you leave it over night?

I find the jojoba oil makes keeps my pores clean, and makes them look smaller. It also has done wonders for the texture of my skin.

How are you applying it? Do you leave it over night?

I have to agree. I applied jojoba oil last night while in the shower and then again before bed... and i'm already in love. It helped with moisturization ALOT! And my skin felt so much nicer and healthier. I want to apply it in the morning, but first I need to get a hang of it so I dont apply to much and get oily/greasy! I hope nothing bad happens and I can stay a jojoba oil advocate :D

This thread has gotten me interested, but to tell you the truth i am a bit scared...lol

I am basically on dan's regimen program with a twist, i did recently find out about the brush stuff so i started using it, and it does look like it is helping me.

am/pm

- wash face with cleanser and use brush

- apply paula choice bha

- wait till dry then apply dan's bp

- wait till dry then apply moisturizer

This is doing a great job of making my acne pimples GO AWAY COMPLETLY, but the blackheads are just still there! Also every hour i feel like my face just starts ooozing oil and i end up looking really shiney and oily and it just sucks!

------------------------------

This is what my blackheads used to look like:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/post-a15908-.html

This is what it looks like now, but dont let the picture fool you!

http://www.esnips.com/doc/2b632352-8080-4e...0e0/Picture-013

The blackheads are still there but just incredibly light, actually that is what i looked like the 1st week of starting that little program of mine, and without the brush part to exfoliate. Right now my blackheads are "light" looking but you can still notice them big time! Especially if i stop using the bp they just come back right away, and end up looking like the ones in my first pic. About an hour or two after i

To tell you the truth i am actually considering using your jojoba oil program. EVERY single time i apply the bp, bha, and moisturizer it all just feels so fake and i actually feels like i am doing more damage to my skin then helping it. But it would suck if i started using it and my acne pops up, i just got that sucker under control. But the blackheads is what i am worried about.

Now that i look back on it, when i was around 12 years old that was when i started getting acne nothing major but i still noticed it. I remember getting and using those Clearasil salicylic acid pads, or maybe they used alcohol back then. FUCK! maybe that is the reason i have blackheads now!!! DAMN YOU acne companies making stupid products that actually damage your skin in the long run!!!

Edited by atsguy

I have serious blackheads too on my t-zones, especially my nose. It's due to my very very oily skin..my skin is so oily so far I've never really seen more than a handful of people like me who have really oily skin. I can extract them but they come back the next morning.

Right now I'm squeezing and while it helps a little, I still have many blackheads and I don't like the idea of squeezing. I could just try this regimen out on my nose first, before expanding the area.

Edited by pchic

I started using Jojoba and I don't notice my face being that shiny, though it does feel kinda greasy, do you recommend using the damp cloth to take off the oil anyway?

hi, i'm hoping someone can answer this considering the op hasn't been on in awhile.

i want to try this method but i'm so confused on how.

so basically, in the shower- apply jojoba oil all over your wet face, and exfoliate with the oil on, and keep the remaining oil on to let it sink in, and after 5-10mins wipe the remaing oil off with a cloth?

thanks

Edited by dae

I think you just start exfoiliating for a few mins

then you apply a lot of ho ho bah! on your face, let it soak in for a bunch of minutes..

then you rinse off, get out, and then you're done..

I also am doing this.

I'm actually using a normal sponge though.

Don't want to spend money on some brush. I remember having 2 of them brushes and they weren't good at all. Didn't seemed to be doing anything.

So far, I have less flakiness on face.

I remmeber when my face started getting messed up, it's when I first used something on my face.

If I can reverse time, I'd do that to when I was 15 years old. I'd never put stuff on my face again then.

+ I would have really finished college and my life would have been really good. hehe, since i'd know the future and stuff.

But, I cant change time, unfortunately, so I have this.

I just bought Jojoba again. This time from Dan. Before, I think I put so much on, and I felt like it was causing blockage of pores.

With the exfoliation, I don't see that happening. And my face looks a lot better, just after 2 days.

The harder part for me is doing extractions.

Every time I do that, my face would be so red and it lasts for days.

I'd have a really red nose and/or face.

I'd use those blackhead extractors and it does that. So I guess I shouldn't ever use them again, hmm...

I told myself that I'd never use em again, but I keep buying them things, and using it...

But so far, they're not clogging my pores and it's not too shiny like the other things I used. Which would build up and be nasty.

I think I found something I can use :D My face looks better already, maybe not so much on the blackheads, but overall skin.