Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so finaly got my cholesterol back down to normal, and now i have high liver enzymes. i'm so pissed off... i am supposed to be starting my 3rd month of tane and now i cant get a refill becuz of this nonsense. i dont even drink alcohol!! anyone experience this? anything i can do to repair this liver problem asap?

Did you post earlier that you already eat healthily? Are you eating fried and/or sugary foods? If so, cut them out and eat more fruits and vegetables even if you don't like them. Hide them in casseroles if that's the case. Milk thistle can also aid, but should not be taken in excess because it can produce side effects as well such as headaches, skin rashes, and stomach pain to name a few. How awful. I'm sorry you're going through this.

well yeah i work out hard, and drink protein shakes afterwards (without vitamin A). maybe ill cut back on both of those and see how things go. i actually have some milk thistle here, sounds like it could help, ill ask my dr. about that. i really hope i can get back on tane. thanks guys

Stop the hard exercising and stop the protein shakes. Obviously your liver cannot handle them while on Accutane. If you want to take accutane, you will have to stop exercising hard and stop the protein shakes, and pay attention to all the information in that link.

Not just cut back, STOP.

so it turns out my liver enzymes are really high and my derm wont put me back on the tane until its normal. im supposed to retake my blood test in 2 weeks.. will this ruin my coarse? would i have to start all over??