Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SakuraHime

Paula's Choice salicylic acid & Nucelle together??

Hello,

I've been using Nucelle 10% Mandelic Acid Serum for a little over 2 months. I had a pretty bad IB, but it became totally under control. I like how Mandelic Acid works, but around my time of the month or with really persistent acne, it was hopeless and the zits would pop up.

So, I just bought Paula's Choice 2% salicylic acid gel hoping that it might lessen break outs. I've used it twice now using every other day. My face has begun to break out! I have two large zits forming on my chin and lots of little ones on my nose. =(

Should salicylic acid not be used with Mandelic? Does SA cause an IB? Does my skin just not like it?

I'm unsure if I should just quit it completely, go through another IB, or change how/when I'm using it.

It was put on like this:

Morning: Mandelic Acid

Evening: MA (left on for 30 mins to dry) and then SA

Please please help? Any advice is appreciated!!!

-Sakura

I do not know the answer. I am currently using Paulas Choice cleanser, toner, and LIQUID 2% SA. I love it bc i feel like it is gentle enough but brings stuff to a head. But at the same time...i've been breaking out a lot. I got a few more big zits on my chin. I was on my period too last week, so that could have interfered. I've heard great things...but I would like to know as well.

This cleanser and toner makes my skin feel fantastic though...i recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for responding! How long have you used Paula's Choice 2% SA? I'm hesitant to use it again because of my skin's reaction, and I'm wondering if it's just temporary.

I do not know the answer. I am currently using Paulas Choice cleanser, toner, and LIQUID 2% SA. I love it bc i feel like it is gentle enough but brings stuff to a head. But at the same time...i've been breaking out a lot. I got a few more big zits on my chin. I was on my period too last week, so that could have interfered. I've heard great things...but I would like to know as well.

This cleanser and toner makes my skin feel fantastic though...i recommend it to anyone.

if you're going to use sa and ma- i wouldnt put them both on my face at the same time. i would use one in the morning and one at night. i use neutrogena anti-acne moisturizer (sa) in the morning and finacea at night (azelaic acid). im seeing great results.

i've been using it for two weeks. and i've been using tea tree oil for a spot treatment and it works REALLY good. it knocks those suckers out. i think the SA is for the "less severe" acne.