Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoTanSuperman

The Accutane Chronicles Parts 1&2 (New Photos & A Video 3/5/2012)

I have a guess what is going on.

Did you eat any things with beta-carotene or vitamin a in the past few days?

Kale, Broccoli, Romaine Lettuce, Collard Greens, Leafy vegetables, Cod liver oil, liver, Sweet potatoes, multivitamins with vitamin A, a lot of tomatoes, Red peppers/green peppers?

Even 2 years after receiving accutane, I get a rash similar to you (weird ass bumps and redness that is definitely not acne) if I ingest things with vitamin a.

I think your vitamin a stores have reached it max.

I wish i had the time to explain what is happening to my skin but I can'd nor do i actually know. i have to go to work at the moment but i will do a full entry tomorrow.

I have bumps under my skin everywhere. Even where my eyelids are. I don't think this is acne guys. Everyone keeps asking me what is going on too. I have these horrid bumps under my eyes, near my eyebrows, along my jawline, over the corners of my nose. It seems to just be spreading :ninja::(

Any thoughts or ideas? Help would be greatly appreciated :think:

I'll try to calll the derm on Friday.

post-76275-1234400601_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1234400610_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1234400623_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1234400652_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1234400660_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1234400668_thumb.jpg

Kale, Broccoli, Romaine Lettuce, Collard Greens, Leafy vegetables, Cod liver oil, liver, Sweet potatoes, multivitamins with vitamin A, a lot of tomatoes, Red peppers/green peppers?

Even 2 years after receiving accutane, I get a rash similar to you (weird ass bumps and redness that is definitely not acne) if I ingest things with vitamin a.

First off thank you for replying. As for your Q I wish i could say i have eaten any of these foods. One of the girls on here even teased me b/c my vegie intake is erm.... suspect. lol! I have not been taking multi-vitamins either.

I appreciate everyone's help. I have an appointment with my dermatolgist tomorrow @ 1:20. I will post a picture tomorrow of my skin's progression. A lot of the bumps have gone down but the bumps are still present. I hope they are not permanenetly dormant. I don't know what is happenign with my face but i won't it going, going, gone!

I am sorry for the late replies too. It's "crunch time" right now with uni and work :doh:

Oh hmm, that's weird then. Not even milk or spaghetti or fortified soy milk or something with lots of tomatoes? hahaha. I'm just guessing because I seriously get the exact same rash.

First off thank you for replying. As for your Q I wish i could say i have eaten any of these foods. One of the girls on here even teased me b/c my vegie intake is erm.... suspect. lol! I have not been taking multi-vitamins either.

I appreciate everyone's help. I have an appointment with my dermatolgist tomorrow @ 1:20. I will post a picture tomorrow of my skin's progression. A lot of the bumps have gone down but the bumps are still present. I hope they are not permanenetly dormant. I don't know what is happenign with my face but i won't it going, going, gone!

I am sorry for the late replies too. It's "crunch time" right now with uni and work :doh:

Just wanted to drop by and let everyone know how my skin is doing. First off, the bumps i had were not a rash or even acne. As it turns out the marks came about because I had smeared the Ketoconazole Cream (derm prescribed this b/c of dryness around the nose - gone now btw) in the areas i had an outbreak. I was prescribed the steroid cream Fluocinolone Acetonide 0.025%. My marks faded and eventually disappeared within 6 days. My skin is looking great. Just wanted to post a picture and let everyone know my skin is on par again. I will make a bigger update on my log very soon.

College is kicking my arse and I am trying to wrap everything up. Finals are next week ;)

post-76275-1235539240_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1235539240_thumb.jpg

wow! 3.5 months since I last posted? The acne gods should condemn me. First off, let me say that I apologize to anyone who actually does look forward to my random skin-blogging adventures and sometimes nonsense. Okay, let's start the show!

Let's see. Hmm, I guess what i want to say is...........

DAMAGE CONTROL

My skin is being nice. After I cleared up my little red bump problem in April my skin has not really been bad. I get the occasional pimple as you can see from the little fading mark i have at the top of my forehead. Usually, this only happens when I am not sleeping enough, getting way too sweaty (dirty white man smell is not sexy lol), shave weird, etc. But as long as I follow my hygiene rules I pretty much remain in the clear.

ROUTINE

- Eucerin Face Wash in the shower (morning and night)

- Slather my face in Eucerin Cream (night)

- Shave every 3-5 days

MEDS

I am currently not taking anything! I was dropped from Accutane in March because of the weird bumps. I was then prescribed Doxycycline. I stopped taking the medication after 2 months. It was not doing anything for the bumps and I did not want to grow resistant to the antibiotics. Sooooo...... i tried something a friend advised. I let my skin breakout in bumps (at its worst) and waited to see what would happen. It is amazing how the skin repairs itself. I must say that I am glad I listened. After about 6 weeks my skin was back to normal and it was not due to the help of steroid cream, antibiotics, or any other kind of medication. Since then my skin has been great. Like i said, the occasional annoying pimple and some shaving bumps near my neck (usually due to irritation or dryness).

RANDOM

I am currently in the Dominican Republic. I have been here about 45+ days. I guess you could say I am studying abroad. One more semster and I'll have an A.A. It has definitely been an eye opener being in a third world country. I have never seen poverty like this, let alone encompassed myself around it. Makes you appreciate everything you have.

I chopped my hair off too. It was ubber long and the heat+humidity was killing me (not to mention all the greasy sunscreen I have to wear sometimes). Thought I would mention this little tid-bit because a lot of friends over my webcam have said I look different. Writes in pad: Much prefer my longer hair ^_^

Well, at the moment, I am lost for words. I guess I just want to say thank you for reading another entry to my log and that I am sorry for going on hiatus. I hope everyone is doing well and having a great day. I know it is still early and someone, somewhere can mess it up so if it happens i guess i jinxed ya :whistle:

Sorry for the poor lighting but I was on the run and struggling to get dressed ;)

post-76275-1244567343_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1244567359_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1244567376_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1244567343_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1244567359_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1244567376_thumb.jpg

Soooooooooo it has definitely been a while. I've departed from the Dominican Republic, I've entered the nursing program at my university, I'm listening to Das Racist (youtube them), and I've even managed to dye hy hair some sort of chestnut color. I should have went blonde, but anyway LOL let's talk skin!

Routine

My skin has been doing very well. I get the occasional spot but I have a remedy for that. Besides washing my face with Mary Kay's TimeWise 3-in-1 cleanser I am also applying a Men's Eventone Glycolic Texturizer from Moore Unique (it's extremely cheap at a store I go to). I do this routine once a day after i get out of the shower- whether it be night or morning or even afternoon :whistle: I shave every 3-5 days. That will have to change next semester due to hospital rules :wall:

Anyway it's picture time!!!!!!! I am running out of of room so I have to take a few of my random pictures down. I had planned on showing the sides of my face as well but I guess i need to do some legwork first ;) But yeah here I am

post-76275-1303580706_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1309759181_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1303580706_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1309759181_thumb.jpg

Edited by NoTanSuperman

So, your second round of Tane never happened? And then you just let your skin go, and it cleared up all on it's own??

I'm so jealous, I wish I could just wash and moisturize my face and not have to worry about anything else. Your skin looks great!!!

I am debating round two of Tane myself, but it's been a two year break for me.

I am staight-edge myself, best of luck with your nursing degree.!

So, your second round of Tane never happened? And then you just let your skin go, and it cleared up all on it's own??

I'm so jealous, I wish I could just wash and moisturize my face and not have to worry about anything else. Your skin looks great!!!

I am debating round two of Tane myself, but it's been a two year break for me.

I am staight-edge myself, best of luck with your nursing degree.!

First and foremost I want to apologize for not replying. I don't know who remodeled Acne.org but they messed up all my notification settings. I do not like the new look either. The old look was simple and easy to navigate. I wish there was a "dislike" button." Sorry Dan!

And thanks much for the luck SavedByGrace1. As for my regimen: I am just using a face wash, lotion, and my glycolic texturizer. My main problem area is my cheeks. For some reason they like to break out form time to time. I am going to upload some pictures SOON so you can see what i mean. I should probably shave first hahaha

And one minor correction: I did go on a second course of accutane but I was taken off of it because my blood tests kept coming out strange. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. And thank you to everyone who has ever given me support or messaged me in private just to talk. I appreciate the kindness. I have enjoyed getting to know quite a few of you. I'll be reposting soon. TTYL guys

Hello, Hello! It has been so long since I posted. I kinda feel bad because I always have good intentions of coming back here. Sooooo.... let's talk skin teehee.gif

Routine

Towards the end of November I picked up a new face wash- Neutrogena's Visibly Even Foaming Cleanser. I like it a lot! It's pretty gentle. In regards to hygiene, 95% of the time I wash my face once a day while I'm showering. I'm not using my Men's Eventone Glycolic Texturizer (from Moore Unique) as often either. Instead I've been applying Eucerin Moisturizing Creme. I still get the occasional breakout but "Hey! What can I do?" I'm doing my part and my skin just needs to cooperate LoL! It's hard to believe the last time I took accutane was 2 years ago in March 2009! I'm very thankful.

It seems I have met my "photo upload" quota on The Org so I created a photobucket account! I guess I'll be posting links to my pictures for now on. But yeah, I posted pictures from today. I also included photos from October 7th.... you know, those ones I said I was going to post but somehow forgot about. To make up for it I totally went sepia mode on everyone's ass when I posted them LoL! Hopefully you'll forgive me! Here's the link:

http://s1055.photobu.../notansuperman/

If you're curious to see what I look like "in motion" here's a youtube video of me and a friend at a mall in Virginia:

*Nothing particularly interesting happens until the 52 second mark. I guess this ends post #160 wink.png

Edited by NoTanSuperman