Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoTanSuperman

The Accutane Chronicles Parts 1&2 (New Photos & A Video 3/5/2012)

Hey man at the moment, or in time of worry where you think you may have damaged your liver just drink supreme water (obviously not too much as it isnt good over drinking but only when you feel thirsty). Also avoid sugars and eat greeny food and try and get 5 a day. In essence just counteract all bad eating practice with healthy food. Give it atleast 2 weeks or so and the liver can always heal itself back, just be kind to it. Also man dont stress (although do get your doc to keep taking blood tests) as it only makes things worse, keep those happy hormones coming.

Stay positive, I doubt you have done any major damage. Good luck man!

Hey man at the moment, or in time of worry where you think you may have damaged your liver just drink supreme water (obviously not too much as it isnt good over drinking but only when you feel thirsty). Also avoid sugars and eat greeny food and try and get 5 a day. In essence just counteract all bad eating practice with healthy food. Give it atleast 2 weeks or so and the liver can always heal itself back, just be kind to it. Also man dont stress (although do get your doc to keep taking blood tests) as it only makes things worse, keep those happy hormones coming.

Stay positive, I doubt you have done any major damage. Good luck man!

Will do Sid. I am going to treat my body how i did with the first course. I guess i got a little too cocky with the second one? LOL!

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments and/or help. I definitely appreciate both a lot. Best of luck to all of you considering or going through a course right now. After taking accutane everyone deserves to royally kick acne's arse. Granted i think no one deserves to struggle with acne ever :lol:

Regardless of what happens i will keep a positive attitude on things. Promise ;)

Day 41

There probably is no point in writing this but I had my 1st tane-induced nose bleed today.... whilst i slept. YAY! Can you imagine my happiness :crazy:. My nose was dry before but the last 2 weeks have been hell. The inside has been very very dry lately. Little scabs were there but are going away. Shoulders and forearms needed lotion the last week or so as well.

I am not even on the drugs anymore. LOL! :teehee:

Day 49

Just wanted to drop in and say a few things. I go back to the dermatologist on December 31st.

It's been 13 days since I was taken off accutane. My lips are still a bit dry. My nose has fully recovered though. My skin is doing wonderful at the moment as well. I get small comedones every once and a while but they go away in less than 24 hours so I can't really complain. Not much else to say :D. Hope my skin stays nice but it does seem like it works in a weird two week cycle. We'll see i guess..........

post-76275-1230078422_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1230078429_thumb.jpg post-76275-1230078435_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1230078422_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1230078429_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1230078435_thumb.jpg

Congrats bro! You look really clear. It looks as if the low dose has worked. Nothing has ever worked for me and as I said earlier I'm really considering getting on a low dose myself. I know it has a bunch of sides and everything but I have no choice at this point..

Day 57

Well..... kind of..... technically I have missed 20 days. I went to the dermatologist today and I was put back on Accutane. My dose was dropped from 80 mg to 60 mg for now. I will start up my course again today or tomorrow. I am undecided at the moment. I also think it is important to note that my blood will get taken the next time i see my derm on January 29. This means I starved my body for 12 hours for nothing :doh:.

The nurse and the derm asked me why I think my blood has been so off. I talked to them about the exercise program i was doing. They did encourage moderation and told me to lay back a week or so before my blood tests. They also talked to me about alcohol moderation. One big problem: I don't drink. I am like a frickin Mormon when it comes to that stuff :snooty:. I kindly let them think i was a drunkard though. LOL!

Damage Control

As of late I have been getting a lot of underlying acne and occasional comedones. I had 3 monster comedones 2 days ago. They are healing just fine. I also have some kind of dermatitis. It can't even be noticed unless you are butt-close to me and stroking the corner of my nose. And who the hell would want to be doing that :eh:? But yes.... I have digressed. LOL! I was prescribed Ketoconazole cream for the dermatitis. Hope it goes away soon.

*These last 20 days have been great without all the dryness. LOL! The 3 week break was much appreciated. I am not looking forward to the side effects but that is all part of the playing the tane game ;)

NTSM: First, I'd like to say you are rockin' your hair. Hehe. I really like it! I've seen it straight up before, but the forward angle really works for you. Second, your physique is smokin'. I hope laying off the iron pumping will help your bloodwork. You've been struggling with the Accutane for so long...I guess I'm just hoping the best for your efforts. Really. I'm rootin' for ya. :)

NTSM: First, I'd like to say you are rockin' your hair. Hehe. I really like it! I've seen it straight up before, but the forward angle really works for you. Second, your physique is smokin'. I hope laying off the iron pumping will help your bloodwork. You've been struggling with the Accutane for so long...I guess I'm just hoping the best for your efforts. Really. I'm rootin' for ya. :)

Thanks §iava. I always appreciate people stopping by with their encouragement ;). Glad you like the hair. I do too :wub:. If it ever falls out I will hold a cermeony in honor of all it has done. Let me stop being silly. LOL! As for my physique. I know it is not a big deal or anything. It's just, in the last 8 months or so, I have dropped about 20 pounds. My body still looks fine. I guess i am just not used to seeing myself at 135. If i could get at about 145 i'd be fine. Can't eat too much protein or take any supplements right now so i will just be patient.

Day 63

I started my Accutane course again on January 1, 2009. I have been taking the pill every 2 days to just kind of build my way back up to using it. By next week I will take it every other day and eventually every day. Don't want to rush into the course and get a bad initial breakout.

Damage Control

The dermatitis on my nose is getting a little out of control. I haven't had a lot of time to apply the creme i was prescribed so it has spread a bit and gotten redder. I have a lot of red marks here and there on the lower half of my face. Very spotty indeed :think:. Some of it is due to my picking. The majority of what i have on my face is underlying and very hard to get to. I know I shouldn't even bother messing with it. I'm better off buying a comedone extractor. LOL! But yeap...... that's all folks.

*I put some purple and green streaks on the right side of my head. The back of my faux hawk fell down in the rain though. DO'H!

post-76275-1231298779_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1231298784_thumb.jpg post-76275-1231298788_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1231298779_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1231298784_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1231298788_thumb.jpg

I know you don't like your skin, but it looks pretty good in the pictures. Love the hair, of course. And SHAME ON YOU!! :nag: You know better than to pick, mister. :naughty: Keep us posted, please.

Sooooo......... this has nothing to do with acne..... but LOL i just had to say something, somewhere! If you didn't know the award for best supporting actor went to the late Heath Ledger last night at the Golden Globes. I was so happy. He was my favorite actor :thumbsup:

Mr Ledger's mom said she would give his daughter, Matilda, all the awards when she grows up.

Ledger has already picked up several other laurels for his work in the film: He has been named best supporting actor of 2008 by the Los Angeles Film Critics Assn., the Boston Society of Film Critics, the Chicago Film Critics Assn., the Southeastern Film Critics Assn., the Toronto Film Critics Assn. and the Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Assn.

Read more here if you want: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...84eff32d2932588

Day 71

Gosh! 8 days ago my skin was looking so promising. Now I think it might melt. I am guessing this is just a small initial breakout from starting up tane again. My diet is fine. M+Ms here and there throughout the day but that is really it. My hygeine is spot on too. I just think it was meant to be that i broke out this week.

Damage Control

From my eyes up i have no breakouts. My chin however is a different story. It will heal soon I'm sure. Everything else probably not anytime soon. Well, not as soon as I'd like. LOL! The dermatitis on my nose sucks so bad. The redness is getting out of control. I have been using the Ketoconazole cream but it has had zero effect. Once I noticed this i decided to go drastic and experiment with benzoil peroxide. Stupid i know but it "flattened" the bumps. There are more underlying ones however. The left side of my face only has one small little zit at the end of the top of my jawline. It is going away nicely. My right side is all splotchy as u can see in the pics. I have 3 or 4 really bad zits that i made even worse. I am going to just leave my skin alone and ice it from time to time. Best to just take my tane and let my face regenerate.

*a friend of mine thought i should put these pics up to show that i actually do have some "real" acne problems at times :doh:

post-76275-1231984240_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1231984251_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1231984262_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1231984272_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1231984283_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1231984293_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1231984240_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1231984251_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1231984262_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1231984272_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1231984283_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1231984293_thumb.jpg

Day 86

I went back to the dermatologist today. I got my blood drawn and my perscription written. I tihnk the nurse was trying to kill me :naughty:. She blamed her two misses on rollign veins. Erm..... if you were ever to see my arms you would notice that it is pretty easy to find my hincho veins. Oh they decided to make me stop using the Ketoconanzole Cream for the dermatitis on the sides of my nose. They switched me over to a gel type Ketoconanzale Gel called Xolegel. It looks like syrup. LOL! Glad it doesn't feel like it. The dermatitis is going down though. Even the skin has peeled finally. Just have to wait it out for now. My face is never dry unless I am shaving or did not put my Eucerin Moisturizing Creme immediatley after exiting the shower. Notihng else to report though. Just happy about life in general. Acne or no acne. I still wouldn't mind kicking itts ass though :D

Damage Control

Let's see. Hmmm.... I guess I should start off by saying my skin last week was just kinda splotchy. Nothing crazy horrible but I have definitely seen better days. As for this week, I have a little trivial breakout between my eyebrows. What can i say? Manscaping is a b*tch but necessary. I fear the Colin Farrel look. LOL! I have some healing zits in and around my shaving areas (cheeks, neck, jawline). Nothing horrid. Oh I managed to obtain a comedone extractor through various sources. Seems to do the trick sometimes. Stops picking and undue redness as well. I think next week my skin will look in top form esp. since I am heading into month 4 of my course.

I feel great guys. Have a nice day yall!

post-76275-1233252053_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1233252075_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1233252096_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1233252053_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1233252075_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1233252096_thumb.jpg

Your skin looks great, very clear. You made me laugh when you mentioned 'manscaping', I don't think the Colin Farrel greasy look is very appealing, lol. I couldn't imagine being a guy and having to shave with acne on my face, it sounds painful. Although I really don't see any acne in your progress pictures, so keep it up!

I wish i had the time to explain what is happening to my skin but I can't nor do i actually know. i have to go to work at the moment but i will do a full entry tomorrow.

I have bumps under my skin everywhere. Even where my eyelids are. I don't think this is acne guys. Everyone keeps asking me what is going on too. I have these horrid bumps under my eyes, near my eyebrows, along my jawline, over the corners of my nose. It seems to just be spreading :ninja::(

Any thoughts or ideas? Help would be greatly appreciated :think:

I'll be calling my derm on Friday.

post-76275-1234400601_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1234400610_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1234400623_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1234400652_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1234400660_thumb.jpgpost-76275-1234400668_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1234400601_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1234400610_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1234400623_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1234400652_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1234400660_thumb.jpg

post-76275-1234400668_thumb.jpg

Edited by NoTanSuperman

I would say make a doctors appt. To me that looks like a reaction to something. Are you using anything new on your face? or have you recently ate something you normally don't?

I remember when I found out that I was allergic to penicillin I got bumps like that all over my body and had a few on my face that looked similar to what you have. My bumps were dry, itchy, and took about 3 weeks to go away even though I had only taken 1 tablespoon of it! Allergic reactions are weird and crazy. Mine almost felt like chicken pox. Might want to look into that.

Go to a doctor! Ha ha thats really my solution for everything, when ever something looks out of the ordinary to me I call my doctors office. Pretty sure they are sick of me but hey better safe than sorry.