Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As mentioned in my other thread, I've had a really severe initial breakout with retin-a, but I just wanted to use this thread as discussion of good retin-a combinations.

I'm going to see my doctor and ask for something alongside retin-a which works quicker and hopefully takes control of this initial breakout.. what are some good retin-a combinations you've used?

Thanks

I'm using duac, alternating nights with retin-a. Been on this combo for only a week and I already see results. Lots of peeling though!

I may be in the same boat as you soon - I'm going to make a doctor's appointment for next week sometime, I hope, and get an opinion. It's been 5.5 weeks and my skin has been horrible since the second day. I know it takes a long time to work, but if there is anything I can combine with it to help, I'll take it.

I use brevoxyl (benzoyl peroxide) in the morning, retin-a at night, and take minocycline (100mg) twice a day. I've been on this regimen for about 8 weeks, and am just starting to see results. My face is still extremely dry after washing with cetaphil, but i think i'm still adjusting to the retin-a. I'm still hopeful that i'll keep improving.

I use brevoxyl (benzoyl peroxide) in the morning, retin-a at night, and take minocycline (100mg) twice a day. I've been on this regimen for about 8 weeks, and am just starting to see results. My face is still extremely dry after washing with cetaphil, but i think i'm still adjusting to the retin-a. I'm still hopeful that i'll keep improving.

Wow BP and Retin-a! 0_o

u gotta moisturize

Oh right I forgot to mention that part. I moisturize in the morning about 10-15 mins after applying the BP. I don't at night because it reduces the effectiveness of the retin-a.

good regimen :dance: if the cetaphil is making your skin dry...check the first post of the thread in my sig for cleanser recommendations. i know i am using the basis bar but i am switching as soon as it is all gone cause my face is so dry. oily and dried out...what a helluva combo

good regimen :dance: if the cetaphil is making your skin dry...check the first post of the thread in my sig for cleanser recommendations. i know i am using the basis bar but i am switching as soon as it is all gone cause my face is so dry. oily and dried out...what a helluva combo

I don't think it's the cetaphil that's making my skin dry. I could take a shower and not wash my face at all with a cleanser, and it would still become extremely dry. I previously used Dan's cleanser and switched to cetaphil because I thought it was the cleanser that was making my skin dry, but that wasn't the case.

And I'm the same as you when it comes to being dry and oily. After I wash, I can barely open my mouth its so bad. But give it a couple hours and it looks like I took a bath in a tub of grease.

For the people above who claim that benzyl in the morning and Retin-A at night is really rough, it actually isn't. Every morning I put Duac (5% BP 1% Clindamycin) and Retin .04% on at night. I don't apply moisturizer in the morning or evening, I used to but I don't think it was helping the creams do their job. I have been on this sequence since last October so I have had awhile to acclimate, but whenever I add in moisturizers I believe it takes away from the effectiveness of the meds, especially at night. As the creator of Retin-A says, your skin needs to visibly peel to see the full results, and besides, it's nightime. IT is not like you are going to go out and party right before bed.

Then why is it that my face is so dry after I wash? I used to use proactiv and that wasn't harsh on my face at all. Could it be because I work in the sun all day. I do use a 15 spf sunscreen.

Then why is it that my face is so dry after I wash? I used to use proactiv and that wasn't harsh on my face at all. Could it be because I work in the sun all day. I do use a 15 spf sunscreen.

its simple! your wearing alot of chemicals in your face! in retin-a perscription it says to be very precautious about mixing creams cause it will dry your face nasty. and you should be wearing at least Spf 30 sunscreen

are you reapplying throughout the day?

Retin-a and Clindagel worked great for me for some time. The Retin-a worked to clear my pores while the clindamycin worked to supress the breakouts.

Has anyone used the Retin-A and Finacea gel combo? I have both at hand, just need to think of whether to use them individually or use one at night and the other in the morning