Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lolobaby

My story of success after 15 years of acne....

so it's worth the 40.00? lolo has your acne SIGNIFICANTLY improved , like are you clear or.....what? what is the gist of this program? is it about vitamins and the lemon juice? am i gonna starve? help me before i waste even more dough.

thanks

It is a food plan - no you won't starve! No vitamins! It is basically about what foods cause "mucus" in your body - I know it sounds weird but I believe in this 100%. Apparently mucus is what causes skin problems.

You follow the food plan & drink lemon juice drinks (normal foods of course, and elliminating some foods) until you clear up, and then only follow the plan again when you really need to. I learned all these tricks along the way - it has taken me over a year to figure out the whole regimen. And I still didn't really understand why all the things worked. The book has explained why.

My skin was very bad for awhile - my forehead & cheeks covered with small pimples, and my chin & around my mouth was full of painful cysts. I am now quite clear - I get maybe two or three tiny pimples a month that clear in about two days. That to me is a miracle. The fact that I don't get cysts anymore is the most incredible part. Since I was eleven I was getting at least two-three huge cysts a month when my skin was GOOD! When it was bad I remember counting up to 20 cysts at a time. It was very painful and disfiguring.

Anyway - I think if my skin has improved by doing this plan then it will help others. Diet is absolutely a factor in acne - don't listen to the doctors who say it isn't. I think many doctors are brainwashed to sell you prescription acne medications that you have to keep buying and buying and buying. If everyone knew these tricks then pharmacies would no longer make as much money on these meds & lotions.

However - you really need patience and strong will power to do this diet. It's not easy.

But don't give up!!! You can have clear skin!!! :)

lolobaby,

Why do you refrigerate your flaxseed oil? Was it recommended to you by someone? I use flaxseed oil and I love it (makes me very regular) but I dont refrigerate it, I am alwasy up for hearing new options.

Thanks

Hi Lolobaby,

Did someone recommend that you refrigerate your flaxseed oil? I use flaxseed oil everyday and absolutely love it but I dont refrigerate it (keeps me very regular) I am always up for new ideas. Just want to know if a doctor or who gave you this info.

Thanks

Hi Lolobaby,

Did someone recommend that you refrigerate your flaxseed oil? I use flaxseed oil everyday and absolutely love it but I dont refrigerate it (keeps me very regular) I am always up for new ideas. Just want to know if a doctor or who gave you this info.

Thanks

Hi Lolobaby,

Thanks

lolo or maya

i cant afford the book but i remember when i went for accupuncture for my back a couple of years ago i asked her about acne and she looked at my tongue and she mentioned that i was damp inside and thast what caused my acne to much mucus.

she said cut down on coffee and drink green tea and herbal tea cut down on pasta and bread and eat rice.

i dont think i could do the full free mucus diet but could u give me a few of the best foods and drinks to avoid so at least i can cut down on some of the mucus, i know the lemon juice helps

lolo or maya

i cant afford the book but i remember when i went for accupuncture for my back a couple of years ago i asked her about acne and she looked at my tongue and she mentioned that i was damp inside and thast what caused my acne to much mucus.

she said cut down on coffee and drink green tea and herbal tea cut down on pasta and bread and eat rice.

i dont think i could do the full free mucus diet but could u give me a few of the best foods and drinks to avoid so at least i can cut down on some of the mucus, i know the lemon juice helps

Hi there,

Sorry I haven't been on this site in awhile.

Responses to the last few messages:

Naturopaths and nutritionists will always tell you to keep your flax seed oil and flax seeds in the fridge - otherwise they go rancid in a few weeks.

Also - the person who asked about the book - read my posting called "try this if the lemon juice does not work for you." It summarizes the foods to avoid.

Keep up with the lemon juice - it will last about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks approximately. You only need 1- 2 tbsp in your water.

Good luck!

first of all i would like to say thanks for the posts lolobaby it really gives me hope that soon i might have clear skin.

i just started to take vitamin A,and vitamin E, b5 and zinc

I was wondering is this to many vitamins??

also is it okay to take zinc as well as lemon juice? ?

thanks alot

everyone has got to believe in this. I am now a 100% believer in this. I had very bad outbreaks and since I've been on lemon juice drink and loading myself up with lots of green vegetables, and eliminating chocolate and milk, i've been clear for almost 3 weeks. A cystic acne appeared under my skin a few days backs because of the sinful things that i ate during the wkend, ie. chocolate cake, hot chocolate, but I quickly drank the lemon juice and ate broccoli and lettuce to counter effect it and now it has subsided, going flat and the cyst didn't surface to the top.

When I first tried the lemon juice, I took half a lemon to 1 glass of water and it resulted in outbreaks on my forehead. I continued for almost a week and realised no change only more pimples. I decided to reduce the concentration and took 1tbsp to 1 glass of water, the pimples subsided but it still pops up..I reduced to an even lower concentration, i.e 1 teaspoon to 1 glass of water and within 2 days all my small pimples on my forehead disappeared. I have since continued with this concentration and no more pimples appeared on my forehead and hte right side of my cheek is now pimples-less.

If you feel the concentration is too strong and is not doing anything for you, try adn reduce it and hopefully you'll improve. Sometimes, less is more! Gd luck folks! :X

Oh yes, I used to take EPO, vitamin E, Vitamin C and Vitamin B supplements. I have since stopped taking all the supplements cos' natural rmedy works best!

Hi Tea77 - I posted a message for you in the posting about food that contributes to acne.

I really am happy that the lemon juice has worked for you and that you played around with it a bit to find what worked for you! AND that you don't have to spend lots of money on vitamins now!!! Isn't is amazing that something that seems so simple works???

And you're absolutely right that sometimes "less is more." My naturopath told me that once too. And, another thing, after a few months you should be able to indulge in that chocolate cake once in awhile with no side-effects. Yay! I think the body just needs some time to clear out the build-up of toxins, etc. Another thing I find - if I'm out of the lemon juice or at someone's house without it - I just drink hot water and it seems okay too.

Oh, and to "Getting there" - yes, you can take zinc with the lemon juice. I think you'll find like Tea77 and myself though that you won't need the zinc if you're persistent with the lemon juice, and cut out a few things from your diet for awhile.