Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey

I just feel like there is a mental block, I find it really hard to focus and do anything.

Acne is on my mind all the time and all I can think about is how bad it looks and what

new ways I can try to sort it.

I use to have real confidence and a "get and up and go" attitude but now its like a brain fog

its really hard to focus. Acne has drained all my energy over the years, and just made me mentally shattered.

Anybody else is a similar situation

Yep definitley, it affects you even when your relatively clear.

I'm worrying right now that I am going to have some big spots just in time for the weekend, I just had some dairy too and I have an essay to do but all I'm thinking about is whether its going to give me acne (no real evidence to support this in my case...).

I try so hard to focus on stuff but acne is a very conveniant distraction.

I do get mental block, not because other things are clouding my judgement, but just because very very little interests me. Past few days however, i've been so consumed with rage that my motivation has been through the roof, none of it because because i suddenly thought "I need a new challenge, i really need to consider my future" but just because I can get all these new goals done and go rub it in this motherfuckers face and yell "FUCK YOU!!" after that i'll get stuck back in a rut and have to wait until the next one.

I only ever truly get things done if I'm so pissed off and have to prove someone wrong, i'm fully aware of my own potential, i just choose not to use it unless absolutely necessary, it's like a super power really; i must be cautious! :angel:

I feel really sluggish too, not sure if it's just because of my face... but it certainly isn't helping.

I've had/have exams coming up and I can barely muster up any motivation to do anything about it. My brain feels physically frazzled when I try to revise and I'm so physically and mentally tired that all I feel like doing is sleeping. I could seriously just sleep for 24 hours and still wake up exhausted. Come results day I know I'm going to feel regretful but it's hard to kick yourself out of feeling this utterly lethargic.

This stuffy weather we've been having over here hasn't helped, either :doubt: My fucking fridge/freezer broke yesterday too, so I can't even eat anything except rice and crisps and warm soggy potato waffles.

i know what you mean, i cant do anything the past year and i just feel so stupid too. I have my final exams in 3 WEEKS and im stressed to the limit and also i have done no study what so ever so its my own fault, i just think about other things like my acne, holidays, my weight , my ex, acne , acne and ACNE! its unreal...

so when results ar out i will be so full of regret and i dont even know if ill get into college so it sucks ...considerin i used to be an A student...

Ya, even after getting clear you still feel kinda...flat?

I cant describe it, but it makes you feel like not doing anything. I guess it take stime to break the mental block. I also worry that another break out id just around the corner like if a big event is coming up.

Yah I feel like that all the time >.< Even if I wanna be excited about something like going out with my boyfriend or friends, I still feel down!! Hope it goes away soon, it's starting to really piss me off.

I can tell my boss has been kinda fed up with me recently too. I used to be so energetic and friendly, but now I don't even feel like talking to anybody. (I'm an English teacher, so not wanting to talk to people is not a good thing, lol)

I totally know what you're going through...

Im 23 now, i've had acne since I was 15. Despite this I always had that drive, that 'get up and go' attitude to try and advance my career. Despite acne always being on my mind I managed to battle on and graduate with a honours degree in Law, but it was hard work. Not just because of the content of the course, but because there were days where I knew I had to be in class but I couldnt go because of how embarassed I was about my skin. Last summer my skin started to clear up and i really felt like i'd turned a corner and I could start to make up for lost time.

Fast-forward one year and Im at my lowest ever. The 'fog' you describe is exactly what I feel, I dont want to do anything, I dont want to get a job, I dont want to go out with friends, I find it an effort to even talk to my family, I dont exercise anymore, i just want to stay in bed until my acne goes. Its a battle i've been fighting so long (on my own) and I just dont think i've got any fight left. It pains me to see people my age who i know who are getting great jobs etc when I know that in school i did better than them and i used to have more drive than them but this lack of confidence is holding me back no matter how hard I try. :boohoo:

All my life i've treated people well, i've been kind and considerate to friends and strangers a like so all i can think is that i must have been pretty evil in a past life, cuz i know i've got some sh*t karma.

I totally know what you're going through...

Im 23 now, i've had acne since I was 15. Despite this I always had that drive, that 'get up and go' attitude to try and advance my career. Despite acne always being on my mind I managed to battle on and graduate with a honours degree in Law, but it was hard work. Not just because of the content of the course, but because there were days where I knew I had to be in class but I couldnt go because of how embarassed I was about my skin. Last summer my skin started to clear up and i really felt like i'd turned a corner and I could start to make up for lost time.

Fast-forward one year and Im at my lowest ever. The 'fog' you describe is exactly what I feel, I dont want to do anything, I dont want to get a job, I dont want to go out with friends, I find it an effort to even talk to my family, I dont exercise anymore, i just want to stay in bed until my acne goes. Its a battle i've been fighting so long (on my own) and I just dont think i've got any fight left. It pains me to see people my age who i know who are getting great jobs etc when I know that in school i did better than them and i used to have more drive than them but this lack of confidence is holding me back no matter how hard I try. :boohoo:

All my life i've treated people well, i've been kind and considerate to friends and strangers a like so all i can think is that i must have been pretty evil in a past life, cuz i know i've got some sh*t karma.

Thanks for the great replies

Im glad to see im not alone!

I finish uni in a week and after that I have to find work, which im shitting myself about.

My face is covered in marks and hyperpigmentation and dont know if I can face it everyday!

My mind is all over the place and I don't know how I would focus at work everyday

Other people have told me just wear shine/oil free makup....but I find that kinda strange being a guy. And I just feel it make look obvious.

How do you people cope with work/acne/marks everyday?

As much as i wouldnt wish my problems on anyone, its nice to know that there are people out there who are dealing with the same struggles but also in a positive way (jbrown). The hardest part of trying to make changes is the start, i think once you can get the ball rolling you build momentum, but for me its just gettin started. I need to make some changes soon because Im losing close friends because I dont return their calls and I cancel plans with them all the time. I just want to be alone. Its really messed up because its the total opposite of how i've been all my life until the last year or two.

yea i know what u mean..i cancel my plans ALL THE TIME but however i used to be a lot worse no i force myself to go out but it usually ends up just being to parties or shopping, as im not so self conscious then...otherwise i cant leave my house and its pathetic..today im the only one here and i should be studying...got invited to a party or to go up to my relations with my family but i refused...:(

yea i know what u mean..i cancel my plans ALL THE TIME but however i used to be a lot worse no i force myself to go out but it usually ends up just being to parties or shopping, as im not so self conscious then...otherwise i cant leave my house and its pathetic..today im the only one here and i should be studying...got invited to a party or to go up to my relations with my family but i refused...:(

Its is totally down to how YOU feel about YOURSELF. I've had some really nice, intelligent, stunning girlfriends and I know a few other girls at uni that were interested in me but I just always felt so shitty, I'd always tell myself that if they saw me with bad skin then they wouldnt still fancy me. Its crazy but you cant help how you feel. People are attracted to confidence and I've lost that in abundance recently. I live with my dad and he's the total opposite of me, really confident and outgoing. He's always wanting us to go out into town for meals and a few drinks its so hard coming up with excuses when I just want to stay in cause I feel so down or if i do go out the whole time i just feel self-concious and crap.

Its is totally down to how YOU feel about YOURSELF. I've had some really nice, intelligent, stunning girlfriends and I know a few other girls at uni that were interested in me but I just always felt so shitty, I'd always tell myself that if they saw me with bad skin then they wouldnt still fancy me. Its crazy but you cant help how you feel. People are attracted to confidence and I've lost that in abundance recently. I live with my dad and he's the total opposite of me, really confident and outgoing. He's always wanting us to go out into town for meals and a few drinks its so hard coming up with excuses when I just want to stay in cause I feel so down or if i do go out the whole time i just feel self-concious and crap.

I know what you mean man, im living for 2moro right now instead of living for today.Im applying for jobs at the moment and hopefully if i can get a decent job I can try get my own place then i'll have plenty of other worries to occupy my mind instead i.e. being skint lol

yes this mental block is really starting to gett o me

the thing is i am pretty clear right now and even if i do break out is is only mild and doesn't bother me

but... i just cant move on

i know i want to do stuff with my life, but i dont know what and i dont know where to start

whats worse is i dont have a strong support network around me which i think makes it doubly hard