Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
buknoymaster

MY PUNCH FLOAT / GRAFT EXPERIENCE

I can't remember the last time I visited this forum, probably more than two years ago. I was browsing through my email the other day and I happen to come across a notification that I have a message from one of the members in this forum. Anyway, I would like to share to you what I wrote her and hopefully would give some idea to other members who are looking at having this procedure.

Hello,

I am very curious to see how your punch float went. I am considering getting punch grafting or float and am quite confused.

Thanks much for your help,

Lisa

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. What do you think caused the areas to be worse. Was it that the doctor used too big of a punch tool and punched out level skin? Have you attempted anything to correct the situation and has that been successful?

Thanks for your input

I had a few punch floats by Dr. Y improve the scar. The rest were disasters, creating wider, deeper scars. My biggest mistake to date. Don't do this procedure.

That sounds awful. I hope this doctor gets whats coming to him.....

It seems like there were many members here who got punch floats from Dr. Y back in 2004 on here...... I hope they're all alright :(

That sounds awful. I hope this doctor gets whats coming to him.....

It seems like there were many members here who got punch floats from Dr. Y back in 2004 on here...... I hope they're all alright :(

Thanks for mentioning his name, so that others may be warned. It was Dr Yarborough from New Orleans. I am not even sure if he is still practicing, his hands were already shaking almost uncontrollably when I had my procedure done over 2 years ago.

Hi buknoymaster. I'd hoped things would get better for you - remember I had punch floats from Dr. Y a couple of weeks before you did & they were a disaster - but I only had 12 or 13. About 3 are worse (still) and the rest are the same (as before treatment). Have you tried anything else? What are your plans? I kind of put the whole acne scar treatment thing on hold for a couple of years to concentrate on other things, but now I think I'm ready to get back on the horse and considering my options as to what my next move might be.

At my consultation with Yarborough in Feb 2005, he said the only people who ever had complications from his dermabrasion were:

1. A lady who wears make up 3 days after dermabrasion to board a plane.

2. Another lady who had sunburn going under the sun 6 months post dermabrasion.

He didn't screen me out despite I had type IV screen type, nor did he mention risk of different texture, vascular disorder, very noticeable demarcation line which occurred to me as a result of dermabrasion.

In 2004 and 2005 he told the same lie to at least dolmal, kipster, hopefulskin, who all suffer similar complications as I do.

**** Fast forward to June 2008 ****

Recently, I received a PM from someone who had dermbrasion by Yarborough this year. (I won't say who without his permission).

Like me in 2005, his life totally changed, he is having a very difficult time coping with it. What makes me mad is that he was told the exact same lie as highlighted in red above.

Nothing has changed at all, despite all the warning messages myself and others wrote, Yarborough can still take advantage and victimize any vulnerable acne scar bearers who walk up to his door.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope things go better for you all.

I've been considering doing some punch procedure for years now on my icepicks/box scars. I've tried tca cross and needling. Both with very mild improvement. Although I'd say the needling was slightly more effective. I still am considering a punch procedure, but experiences like these are very dissuasive. It'll take a lot of strong evidence to the contrary to get me to actually go through with it. Thanks.