Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

how do u guys use tea tree oil? i bought some 100% australian organic tea tree oil, and im not sure how i should use it. i have cystic / pustular acne. should i just use it as a spot treatment or all over? should i mix it with aloe vera or jojoba oil? if so how much TTO should i mix in?

should probably use it as spot treatment. I use a Q-tip and dip it in the bottle then apply it on the spot. I know, some people say you should dilute, but my skin isn't affected by it.

I find tea tree oil is fine to use on my skin neat...

BUT there is one warning. I used it straight after being on benzoyl peroxide (after stupidly deciding to give it another try) and it burnt my skin like crazy (i'm not joking i was running around my room like a lunatic and when i woke up in the morning my face was still red) but this was because the benzoyl peroxide had peeled off so many layers of the skin on my face that it was really sensitive, so i say if you've been on benzoyl peroxide or any other kind of topical exfoliant that has peeled a lot of your skin off, then give your skin about a week or two to have a break. it's great for breakouts though i find, and i love the smell, good luck!