Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im basically curious to see how long some other people have struggled with a certain red mark that just wouldn't go away, and how long it took it to finally leave, or how long it has currently been on their face.

im wondering because of a recent red mark of mine. In November, i popped this pimple, something i have done many times before, and it left a red mark. it got infected again sometime around February, but nothing ever happened after that. however, ive picked at it, and done a lot of things that probably HURT its healing process significantly. (ive stopped, so i dont need to be lectured on it or anything now) But anyway, its now May, six months later from when I first got this red mark, and it is still there. it is a real confidence killer, mainly because its right in the center of my right cheek, not off to the side or anything so its completely visible. it also sucks every time you see a mirror, cuz youre so used to the red mark, and i constantly have thoughts "im going to have this forever" or "its never going to go away."

but im just looking out there for other stories and such, mainly just out of curiosity, and to keep my hope going haha :)

thanks!

My redmarks are finally starting to fade but Ive had redmarks that lasted a year and a half

omg so similar! I have this mark on the right cheek of mine which I also got in November from a cyst which I tried to squeeze (before I joined acne.org and knew cysts cant be squeezed). Mine is more a brown hyperpigmented mark which has faded somewhat but still visible even after 6 months. I also wonder whether its permanent or not. The worse thing is I now have a mark on my left cheek a little smaller and im guessing 6 months for that to fade as much as well. If it wasn't for scarring and marks I dont think acne would actually be that much of a deal anyway. The human body really isnt designed to appear good but just to be efficient otherwise our skin would heal without scarring. sucks!

6 months, about 1/5th have faded completely. Still about 40. Hahah. Holla for redmarks!!