Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dwood

Rate my acne please. Any suggestions?

I've been battling mild acne since high school, and now at 23, I still get pimples popping up every week. I stopped using everything but water for about 6 months, and didn't notice much of an improvement. This time last year I was using a lot of Paula's Choice products but those didn't clear me up much either. Now I just use a very mild cleanser from Nivea for Men every other day or so.

How bad would you say my acne is? Any tips for clearing this up? I've never had one person comment on my acne, but today at work this girl came up that I talk to sometimes and said, what happened to your head?! I told her I had a pimple, she said, we gotta get that fixed, I'll bring you some medicine tomorrow. It kind of bothered me, because she said it in a way that was intended to upset me. I normally don't take offense to much in life.

Mind you, in these pictures, it's the worse it's been in a long while. I normally have a spot or two, but lately it's been bad. I've been eating fruit and vegetables everyday at work too. My diet is great, and I work out daily.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/lou...edia/acne-1.gif

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/lou...edia/acne-2.gif

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/lou...edia/acne-3.gif

I really hope that girl was teasing?! Or clumsily hitting on you? By "something wrong with your head", I was picturing tumor-like acne hanging off your face. I'm not a dermatologist, so I'm not really comfortable rating anything, but I'll say that girl's comment was uncalled for.

Edit: How often did you wash on Paula's Choice? Washing twice per day makes a huge difference for me. Maybe try that for a bit to see if it helps?

That girl sounds rude! I would say your acne is mild. What has that girl never seen a pimple before?! She acted like youre from mars or something.

on a scale from 1 to 10 ( 10 being perfectly clear and 1 being sever acne ) i would say you have an either 8 or a 9. dont forget that everyone is their worst critic. dont let the comment bother you, see what she has to bring, she might not have intended to upset you but rather help.

personally i do not think you have bad acne. in the photo of you looking straight it is barely noticable.

When I used her products, I washed twice a day and used the 2% BHA Gel at night. I feel like the products started to really irritate my skin, so I dropped everything all together. Looking back, I've wasted tons of $ on products that never really benefited me. I even bought that Zeno product and it didn't do anything. I just need to find the core root of where I get these random breakouts.

Oh yeah, the girl at work definitely wants me, ha. She always finds a way to talk to me, but this was just weird.

on a scale from 1 to 10 ( 10 being perfectly clear and 1 being sever acne ) i would say you have an either 8 or a 9. dont forget that everyone is their worst critic. dont let the comment bother you, see what she has to bring, she might not have intended to upset you but rather help.

personally i do not think you have bad acne. in the photo of you looking straight it is barely noticable.

When I used her products, I washed twice a day and used the 2% BHA Gel at night. I feel like the products started to really irritate my skin, so I dropped everything all together. Looking back, I've wasted tons of $ on products that never really benefited me. I even bought that Zeno product and it didn't do anything. I just need to find the core root of where I get these random breakouts.

Oh yeah, the girl at work definitely wants me, ha. She always finds a way to talk to me, but this was just weird.

I dont think it matters if she intended to be hurtful or not. Its none of her business and she has no right to intrude in his business. Skin is a very sensitive issue with acne prone people

Yes,

I use it occasionally. Didn't use it once during the 6 month break of no products. I used it the other night. It's Paula's Choice too. I don't think it's ever helped though. I just put it on active pimples in case to see what happens.

Yeah, 4 more years it is, haha.

No, she has perfect skin, but suffers from obesity. She's not horrible fat by any means, but definitely bigger. I'm sure if I said something about her weight, she would be very upset, but I respect people and their issues, so I keep my mouth shut.

Yes,

I use it occasionally. Didn't use it once during the 6 month break of no products. I used it the other night. It's Paula's Choice too. I don't think it's ever helped though. I just put it on active pimples in case to see what happens.

Yeah, 4 more years it is, haha.

No, she has perfect skin, but suffers from obesity. She's not horrible fat by any means, but definitely bigger. I'm sure if I said something about her weight, she would be very upset, but I respect people and their issues, so I keep my mouth shut.

dude seriously..you have like 1 or 2 pimples? I'd be super happy if my face was as clear as yours. You have no worries. unlike myself.

It doesnt really look that bad to me. Though i do think if u started washing your face 2x a day when u wake up and before bed/after shower, used dans benzol cream and a good moisturizer you could get rid of 90% of it. It does take a little bit of time to apply everything correctly but if u stick with it u will see great results.

Did you ever try the 1% BHA Gel or either of the BHA lotions? If the 2% gel was too irritating (and thus, maybe even exacerbating breakouts), one of those might be gentler. The lotions don't have that slip agent, methylpropanediol, that enhances penetration, so they might work more slowly, but cause less irritation.

With whatever you try, starting with only applying it every other day or a few times per week could minimize irritation, too, since it sounds like your skin is awfully sensitive.

Don't change anything. If you're using water only, and have results that are as good as the photos suggest, then that means you are very lucky. That girl is just insecure about herself. You have nearly perfect skin, and you have a regimen that is free and doesn't take up a lot of time. Believe me, using any products would just irritate your skin.

on scale of 1 to 10 (1 sever acne 10 flawless) I would say your 8/ 8.5.

I think your skin is fine to be able to not worry about and have a great life (although worrying about it slightly and going the right way could get you to 10). By that I mean I know some people who would be happy about that as their final successful result. But some people judge themselves more harshly than others.

Ignore that girl I doubt she meant it harshly but some people just say stuff like that (human nature) because they are so full of it or insecure. My skin is pretty much the same as you but instead of red marks I have brownish marks. I would say all in all in about 6 months - 1 year flawless skin is achievable but you just need to find something mild but effective to get you there.

Actually, I would suggest a diet change if you want to get rid of those last few pimples. Check out the holistic section, and the paleo (caveman) diet. It is good for getting rid of mild acne, and it only requires a change in eating habits.

Thanks for all of the advice and opinions. I'm going to keep eating healthy and continue to work out like I always have. Not sure what else I can do to clear up the small amount of pimples I still get. It's funny because the girl at work said that my head looked better today. I said what are you talking about? She said, you had a pimple the other day. I said, have you never seen a pimple before? I am human you know.. and she was speechless. She goes, well I've never seen a pimple on you before, so I noticed it. Now I'm thinking it must not be as bad as I make it out to be.

I'm also trying to avoid junk food while at work, but it's all free, making it harder to avoid. I do eat fruits and veggies at work everyday though.

Thanks again all.

I've been battling mild acne since high school, and now at 23, I still get pimples popping up every week. I stopped using everything but water for about 6 months, and didn't notice much of an improvement. This time last year I was using a lot of Paula's Choice products but those didn't clear me up much either. Now I just use a very mild cleanser from Nivea for Men every other day or so.

How bad would you say my acne is? Any tips for clearing this up? I've never had one person comment on my acne, but today at work this girl came up that I talk to sometimes and said, what happened to your head?! I told her I had a pimple, she said, we gotta get that fixed, I'll bring you some medicine tomorrow. It kind of bothered me, because she said it in a way that was intended to upset me. I normally don't take offense to much in life.

Mind you, in these pictures, it's the worse it's been in a long while. I normally have a spot or two, but lately it's been bad. I've been eating fruit and vegetables everyday at work too. My diet is great, and I work out daily.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/lou...edia/acne-1.gif

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/lou...edia/acne-2.gif

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/lou...edia/acne-3.gif