Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scallywag

Accutane w/o insurance & using ipledge

I'm trying to start accutane w/o insurance this time around and have a few questions about the whole Ipledge thing. Here's a few things I'd like to know:

Does the dermatologist have to be signed up with Ipledge?

Does the pharmacy have to be signed up with Ipledge?

(I'm sure the answers to the first 2 are "yes")

My most important question is when i get my bloodwork/preg tests, does the place that I go have to be part of ipledge, or can I get the bloodwork sent from the lab to my dermatologist?

I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible!!

I'm trying to start accutane w/o insurance this time around and have a few questions about the whole Ipledge thing. Here's a few things I'd like to know:

Does the dermatologist have to be signed up with Ipledge?

Does the pharmacy have to be signed up with Ipledge?

(I'm sure the answers to the first 2 are "yes")

My most important question is when i get my bloodwork/preg tests, does the place that I go have to be part of ipledge, or can I get the bloodwork sent from the lab to my dermatologist?

I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible!!

Yes, the derm has to be registered with iPledge.

Yes, the pharmacy has to be registered with iPledge.

The lab has to be CLIA-certified, and you just need to ask if they are. The lab does not have to be registered with iPledge since they never touch the med in any way, nor have anything to do with it; they just do the blood or urine work.

https://www.ipledgeprogram.com/AboutiPLEDGE.aspx

The first pregnancy test is a screening test and can be conducted in the prescriber�s office. The second pregnancy test must be done in a CLIA-certified laboratory according to the package insert. Each month of therapy, the patient must have a negative result from a urine or blood (serum) pregnancy test conducted by a CLIA-certified laboratory prior to receiving each prescription.

Derm and pharm have to be signed up with ipledge. Blood work lab does not. It just has to be sent to your derms so she can check it out before re-filling your script.

i know that without insurance, isotretinoin will cost you about $500 per month for the drug. then, i think the bloodwork (testing your cholesterol, liver enzymes and pregnancy test) runs you about $460 each time, and i would imagine each visit to your derm would run you another couple hundred bucks. (so that's roughly $1000 each month, and most people are on it 5-6 months). honestly, i would wait until you have insurance to even consider this medicine. between doctor co-pays, lab visits and the medicine itself, things can get expensive even WITH insurance - i can't even imagine what it would be like without it.