Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What did you do?

I had this girl that I met a few months ago, and I have liked this girl for the LONGEST time, for about 3 years. (I forgot about her for 1 year when I didn;t see her, but when my friends met with them, I instantly remembered how much I liked her. I was obsessed with her, I couldn't get over her

She had feelings for me, but the thing is, she dated so many guys with short term relationships (something I don't want) and I know there is no point in pursuiing a relationship with such a person.

So it has been about 5 months and I still can't stop thinking about this person. I see her maybe once a day, and I try my hardest to stop thinking about her, but i KEEP thinking about her NO MATTER WHAT> whatever I do, she pops in my mind like 20 times a day. Damn I want to get over this damn thing but I can't get out of her head. :wall:

What did you guys/gals do to get a guy/girl out of your head?

Try not to be around her everyday and hang out with your friends to take your mind off her. I don't know what the problem is if you like each other and you have feelings, to be honest here.

dude, same thing happened to me! you know what it is? it's cuz you see her all the time. i stopped seeing a girl after classes ended, and it wasn't a big deal. i forgot about it and moved on. then the next semester came around and i saw her and BOOM, she was back in my life again, and we're back at square one. forgetting her was easy as cake, until i had to see her again, all the time! that's when your imagination starts working and makes you suffer (cuz dammit she's perfect for you and you both want eachother and she's right there!) anyway, i'd avoid her, cuz it was painful to see her.

recently i lost someone that i really loved, and it put perspective on thingz. thingz like this, they don't matter. you know that. you've felt it. i thought about places i've travelled. all over the world, i've seen girlz that are drop dead gorgeous. makes you sad to leave. the world is huge, and there are so many dam girlz out there, it'd be a shame to get hung up on one.

you just gotta look clearly and see it for what it is: a crush that didn't work out. it's easy. just lose attachment. you gotta keep your mind open. what happened to me was messed up. cuz i had been focusing on that one girl for so long that i had like tunnel vision. meanwhile, there were girlz that liked me, who would actually APPROACH me, but i was too focused on that one girl, that i lost my chances w/ them. that has happened to me too many timez. i have lost chances w/ beautiful girlz, just cuz i was too focused on something that wasn't there. see, one door closes and another one openz. but you'll miss them if you don't pay attention.

of course, the best thing you could do, is make your move. if it works out, awesome. if not, at least you know where you stand. you'll know where to go from there. you can't beat that...

dude, same thing happened to me! you know what it is? it's cuz you see her all the time. i stopped seeing a girl after classes ended, and it wasn't a big deal. i forgot about it and moved on. then the next semester came around and i saw her and BOOM, she was back in my life again, and we're back at square one. forgetting her was easy as cake, until i had to see her again, all the time! that's when your imagination starts working and makes you suffer (cuz dammit she's perfect for you and you both want eachother and she's right there!) anyway, i'd avoid her, cuz it was painful to see her.

recently i lost someone that i really loved, and it put perspective on thingz. thingz like this, they don't matter. you know that. you've felt it. i thought about places i've travelled. all over the world, i've seen girlz that are drop dead gorgeous. makes you sad to leave. the world is huge, and there are so many dam girlz out there, it'd be a shame to get hung up on one.

you just gotta look clearly and see it for what it is: a crush that didn't work out. it's easy. just lose attachment. you gotta keep your mind open. what happened to me was messed up. cuz i had been focusing on that one girl for so long that i had like tunnel vision. meanwhile, there were girlz that liked me, who would actually APPROACH me, but i was too focused on that one girl, that i lost my chances w/ them. that has happened to me too many timez. i have lost chances w/ beautiful girlz, just cuz i was too focused on something that wasn't there. see, one door closes and another one openz. but you'll miss them if you don't pay attention.

of course, the best thing you could do, is make your move. if it works out, awesome. if not, at least you know where you stand. you'll know where to go from there. you can't beat that...

Time is your only friend.

Eventually you find somebody else to focus your attention on.

5 months is a good amount of time, but I was stuck on somebody for over a year. Unfortunately there's no easy remedy I've found.

Look you got to cut anything to do with her from your life..is she on your AIM? Facebook? myspace? REMOVE her from all your contacts as if she never existed? you say you seee her everyday? AVOID her at all cost. you do what you gotta do.

Almost sounds if you really want to keep thinking about her. you say you think about her 20 times a day? WTF dude what do you do with your time? go do something productive

Look you got to cut anything to do with her from your life..is she on your AIM? Facebook? myspace? REMOVE her from all your contacts as if she never existed? you say you seee her everyday? AVOID her at all cost. you do what you gotta do.

Almost sounds if you really want to keep thinking about her. you say you think about her 20 times a day? WTF dude what do you do with your time? go do something productive

well not 20 tiems a day that is an exageration

but even when I am doing something I enjoy, i can't get her off my mind

well not 20 tiems a day that is an exageration

but even when I am doing something I enjoy, i can't get her off my mind

For me, the only thing is time. With time the feelings fade away and you start being excited about new things. And don't avoid situations that you think will remind you of him/her, go do whatever it is anyway, it really helped me just to get old memories out in the open so I can move on.

Helps not seeing him/her, the last person I had to get over lives miles away from me so no chance of bumping to him ever again really. It was complete coincidence that caused us to meet in the first place. I wonder now whether it was a good coincidence or bad. My optimistic head says it's good as I learned things, my pessimistic head says it's bad cos it ended up really hurting.

Also helps if you start going out and pulling attractive people. I pulled someone very attractive after I got dumped, like a couple of days later, and it helped tremendously even though I was still crying inside lol.

What did you do?

I had this girl that I met a few months ago, and I have liked this girl for the LONGEST time, for about 3 years. (I forgot about her for 1 year when I didn;t see her, but when my friends met with them, I instantly remembered how much I liked her. I was obsessed with her, I couldn't get over her

She had feelings for me, but the thing is, she dated so many guys with short term relationships (something I don't want) and I know there is no point in pursuiing a relationship with such a person.

So it has been about 5 months and I still can't stop thinking about this person. I see her maybe once a day, and I try my hardest to stop thinking about her, but i KEEP thinking about her NO MATTER WHAT> whatever I do, she pops in my mind like 20 times a day. Damn I want to get over this damn thing but I can't get out of her head. :wall:

Usually the best way to get over someone is to find someone else, I don't mean going out and sleeping with someone, someone who genuinely captures your interest.

I'm trying to forget someone, i'm trying various solutions, none of which seem to work. Though last night i picked up the Guitar again for the first time in about a week, I played some stuff for a couple of hours then laid back on my bed and was totally at peace, fell asleep shortly after. Been having nightmares past 3 days though so I always wake up early, mornings are when i feel the worst, the minute i get to work i just scramble together some pain killers and take them all until i feel pretty numb, i've spent all my money so i can't enjoy my usual addictions so i'm smoking twice as much as usual to compensate.

No doubt about it the best way to get over somone is to find someone else. I agree with calibos theres no quick fix to genueilly get over someone you need to find the right person. Sleeping around is a short term solution really ive done one nite stands before but i hate the cold feeling of in the morning so Ill never do one again!. I had a bad exp with a girl 8 months ago now and thanks to good old acne ive had a struggle to find someone new argghhhhh. However in my current state I wouldnt be ready for a relationship so maybe its a blessing in disguise (abliet ugly disguise!)

my boyfriend ended it with me last month and i am so down and depressed over it, even though it had to end. I liked him just so much but he was too old for me ...he's 31 and im 18..

now we are not even friends anymore over a huge argument and i just don't know what to do..

Im failing my exams at the worst time ever and I used to be a top student...I hate even going out to clubs/parties etc and EVERYTHING reminds me of him its unreal.

It just feels like I wioll never get anyone else like him or that liked me so much too. He was romantic, gorgeous and just soo lovely and now it's gone :(

Not to mention my skin is worse now since Im stressed so much ..

All my mates keep telling me I can get anyone I want but ha they have to tell me that I guess :)

Ive even gone out with another guy who I kind of liked but I just couldnt do it..not for another while.

So anyway Im going on holidays with all my girl friends for two weeks of fun in Crete next month and then off to London for a few days and so far keeping my mind off him..

my boyfriend ended it with me last month and i am so down and depressed over it, even though it had to end. I liked him just so much but he was too old for me ...he's 31 and im 18..

now we are not even friends anymore over a huge argument and i just don't know what to do..

Im failing my exams at the worst time ever and I used to be a top student...I hate even going out to clubs/parties etc and EVERYTHING reminds me of him its unreal.

It just feels like I wioll never get anyone else like him or that liked me so much too. He was romantic, gorgeous and just soo lovely and now it's gone :(

Not to mention my skin is worse now since Im stressed so much ..

All my mates keep telling me I can get anyone I want but ha they have to tell me that I guess :)

Ive even gone out with another guy who I kind of liked but I just couldnt do it..not for another while.

So anyway Im going on holidays with all my girl friends for two weeks of fun in Crete next month and then off to London for a few days and so far keeping my mind off him..

yea this is my first time being dumped and i just am finding it soo hard...i cried for 4 days straight!!! and suffered from anxiety attacks even more..it was mad! but yes my firends are just amazing, i broke down so many times and they are ALWAYS there for me, calling me , bringing me out, listening and giving their advice, it just made me realize how much i appreciate them...anyway crete and london should be ..woop wooop lol xxxx

yea this is my first time being dumped and i just am finding it soo hard...i cried for 4 days straight!!! and suffered from anxiety attacks even more..it was mad! but yes my firends are just amazing, i broke down so many times and they are ALWAYS there for me, calling me , bringing me out, listening and giving their advice, it just made me realize how much i appreciate them...anyway crete and london should be ..woop wooop lol xxxx

Yer being dumps hurt doesnt it the numb feeling,the feeling you cant go on the feeling stuff will never be the same again! I guess what youve gotto think is that your only young yet and there be plenty of time to find your true love!. Im sure when youve found someone else and are in love youll pain will be gone forever. I think the trick is to not force things no point going out with anyone just for the sake of it.

What did you do?

Personal Experience:

I like a guy...(lets call him JohnDoe)... John was a sweet guy. Beside the fact that he smoked cigarettes (and anything else he got his hands on) and the occasional drink, he was my ideal guy. I met him my sophmore year in Highschool, and I've had a thing for him up until my junior year. We flirted alot, and then one day he wrote me and said "I can see myself falling in love with you." At the time...I wanted to write back and say that I had fallen in love with him already. I'm young, and honestly...what I was feeling wasn't love. It was a deceptive idea of someone ACTUALLY falling for me. I liked to be liked.

THEN...one day, out of the blue he ditches me for (Lets call her Jane) Jane, and he tells me that he chose Jane over me simply because jane told him she liked him FIRST! WTF!

So...I still feel something for him...yes. But he doesn't speak to me. He feels guilty for what he did. He's not even comfortable with his new girl when I'm around. How do I deal with it?

I try to ignore him. It doesn't help that I sit in the same class with him for THREE HOURS straight! I dont look at him, dont say anything to him, I act like I dont even know him.

The one thing I love about it all...(and I know this is kinda horrible) is every time I ignore him, every time I look the other way, it bugs him and he cant stand the fact that I'm moving on!

^_^

i'm currently going through this because i, unfortunately, developed a little crush on someone i shouldn't of. i don't know what i'm going to do because i want to continue hanging out with her, but i need some time/space to get over it. is it even possible to get over someone while you still see them every few days?

why did i let this happen!