Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i was browsin the net at work (I work for a nutraceutical company, so pretty much all day I look at natural products that could do some sort of healthy function in the body)

anyhow, i found this product while looking at the company's other supplements

http://www.genuinehealth.com/english/pbn/i...amp;section=245

its made specifically for acne, one for men and one for women..has some of the supplements mentioned on these boards, but i will read up on dosage amounts. i may get this and try it out when it reaches my local stores (i think its new). i have a big problem with over production of oil..i used to take omega3 supplemnets which kind of "thinned out" my oil, so im hopnig this'll do some of the same.

id System enteric-coated EPA-rich fish oil concentrate

(from anchovy and sardines) 500 mg

EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 250 mg

EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) from green tea extract 50 mg

Zinc (gluconate) 3.75 mg

Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol) 2.5 mg

Selenium (L-selenomethionine) 50 mcg

Chromium (citrate) 50 mcg

let me know what u guys think!

Seems one would have to take quite a bit of those to get any theraputic use out of them, probably except for the green tea ecgc. Also why EPA and no DHA, and I think only one form of Vitamin E. Unless you're getting the all of the vitamin E's or the mixed tocopherals, I don't think it's worth it.

alas, i knew it was too good to be true. i completely forgot about the DHA part of omega3's. thanks BTF, anyone else feel free to comment.

This formulation was based on Dr.Logan's clear skin diet. If you look at the small dosage of the ingredients, it's because this doctor absolutely opposes high dosages. A good thing about this formulations are the forms of the minerals/vitamins are all the ones that hvae been used in studies. The reason EPA is important and the only one in the formula is because its particular relevance to acne.

THAT BEING SAID, i tried it. didn't do shit for my acne. :boohoo:: )

just wondering if i could ask you john, how long did you use it for and were you using any other form of treatment in conjunction with it?

I use the one for women (pill form). I began using this product before I started Accutane and I did notice that my skin was clearing up. I took and continue to take 2 a day with meals.