Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
supercoolasianguy

Topical + Holistic Regime (updated again 6/13/08)

So ive been lurking around these boards for quite some time now, and i actually got clear cause if the info i found on here.(Thanks you guys!) Anyways, i was clear for about 3 weeks and my dumbass had to try out that masturbation thing and see if doing it excessively breaks me out. Of course, it did, i got a few small inflamed pimples that subsided in a day. But that wasnt the problem! I suddenly got all these little white pimples around my chin and they wouldnt go away. I even used my super top secret treatment...which is drinking 3 tablespoon of ACV everyday...and the white bumps werent budging at all.

Backround Info: Im 22 male, in college. My skin is pretty wierd, i seem to be immune to scars/scabs as i used to pick pimples whenever i can and i have yet to get a scar. My skin is on the otherside of the spectrum when it comes to sensativity. Nothing ive

applied (and ive tried alot of stuff) has dried, irritated, burned, worsened, hurt my skin. Most of the topicals i tried had no effect whatever...i tihnk my skin just sucks at absorbing stuff and is just super resilient. Acne type? I had at least 1 active nodule for a 6-7 month period (one lasted 4 months and i have a dark brown mark to remind me of that everyday i wake up and look in the god damn mirror) On top of the 1 nodule i would have on my jawline. i would have 1-2 inflamed pimples and that would it. I didnt get blackheads or comedonal acne, if it was a pimple it would get red. During that time i was using proactive and it didnt do squat, and after 3 months i was fed up which led me to this god send forum! I tried a lot of different products, but what really did it for me was Moojamba's ACV + face soak method. I purged all that gunk outa my face in a week and kept drinking for another 2 weeks to make sure everything else was out. I also changed my diet and followed a more holistic approach. The holistic approach worked for me because i took a year off college to work at a full time intern job. During that year, i ate nothing but junk food everday, and absolutely no exercise, so you can sort of figure that my body was totally out of wack. Anyways, i changed my life style and fast forward 2-3 months, i was 100% clear.

Until i tried that stupid masturbation experiment of course.

Current Status: Comedonal acne around chin live and well (prolly like 10 little bumps), 2 small red marks from inflamed pimple (1 on forehead and 1 around chin) and a few bumps here and there that might either get inflamed or just disappear when i wake up tommorrow morning.

Goal: Get rid of the all those little god damn white bumps around my chin, they are really noticeable when i smile. Also, i will attempt to pinpoint exactly what food(s) will cause me to break out if any. I have no insurance so blood tests are out of the question. In the bigger schemes of things, im interested in purging whatever is under my skin now and to keep it clean after the purge(for good this time).

Regime: I will be using the regime that cleared me ( hence the round 2), although i am going to make some minor changes...taking some things out and adding some things in. It will consist of two parts, topical and holistic.

**CANDIDA REGIME IN POST #19**

(sorry i dont know how to hotlink to a specific post)

Topicals:

Morning: -Splash some water on face while taking a shower

- Apply Paula Choice 2% BHA+ Nucelle 10% Mandelic Acid

Afternoon: (after working out/exercise)

-Splash some water on face while taking a shower

-Salt deodorant to face and let dry (testing this - added 6/06/08)

- Moojamba's face soak method every other day (soak your face in very warm water for 1 minute)

Night: (usually right before i go to bed, which is like 12am ish)

-Splash some water on face while taking a shower

-Apply Paula Choice 2% BHA (spot treating problem areas) + Nucelle 10% Mandelic Acid

(Nucelle 10% MA added 5/12/08)

(Crystal Salt Deodorant Stick added 6/06/08)

Holistic:

Morning: Acidophilius right when i wake up (added 5/21/08)

Afternoon: After lunch

-1000mg of Taurine

-1x Fish Oil Supplments (300mg EPA/200mg DHA each),

- Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc Tablet (1000mg of Calc/500mg of Mag/50mg of Zinc:serving size 3 tablets(taken out 6/12/08 - i ran out)

-Balanced B Complex.

-Tablespoon of Coconut Oil (added 5/21/08)

-MSM 1000mg (added 6/12/08)

- Drink Tablespoon of ORGANICACV with juice 2 hours after supplements (reason because ACV negates fish oil if taken together)

-Broccoli Supplement (added 5/21/08 - i now take this 2-3 hours after lunch)

Night: After dinner, which is usually 6-7 PM

-1000mg of Taurine

- Centrum Multivitamin(taken out 6/10/08)

- Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc(taken out 5/12/08)

-1x Fish Oils

-Tablespoon of Coconut Oil (added 5/21/08)

- Tablespoon of ACV

- MSM

Night(2): Right before i go to bed, around 12-1am

- Calcium/Magnesium Zinc

- Tablespoon of ACV

- ProGreens Powder Drink(added 5/19/08)

-Cod Liver Oil (added 6/??/08)

-Zinc 50mg (added 6/12/08)

-Probiotics (Multiphilious - same thing i take in the morning when i wake up)

Everyday: Play basketball for 1-2 hours + 1 mile of jogging, if no basketball then 2 miles of jogging. Light work outs using free weights

As i add/remove stuff from my regime, ill mark out and put a date by the side noting when i stopped/added. I will be trying the OCM which will replace the face soak method. I just need to buy the oils first. Broccoli pills have also sparked my interest, i may pick some up next time i go to a Whole Foods Market.

What i will be keeping track of.

The obvious, i will keep track of my skin and my progress on dealing with those white bumps mainly around my chin. I will also record what i ate for each meal since im trying to pinpoint what exactly breaks me out, and whats a better way to test then to keep track of what you eat everyday!

***STUFF ADDED IN***

ProGreens with Probiotic Formula Powder Drink (added 5/19/08)

Acidophilus (added 5/21/08)

Raw Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (added 5/21/08)

Broccoli Supplements (added 5/21/08)

5/14/08

Current Status: No active inflamed spots, although i see a red mark on my atoms apple, im praying that it goes away tomorrow morning. Well, i was wrong about the ACV, it's still working as intended for me (hurray) and i purged just a little. The few marks that popped up a few days ago are gone and already healing and barely noticeable. With that said, i have this suspicion that the comedonal acne/white spots around my chin is that fungus thats mistaken for acne. Time will tell. Thanks to LionQueen for posting about layering acids: post #611 here if anyone is interested. Anyways, used the 10% Mandelic Acid for the first time today and wow...my skin was sooooo soft..until i layered the 2% BHA after it >.>

I havent exercised/worked out in the past few days due to the amount of work my professors are sticking up my ass + finals next week. BUT i did my normal basketball + jog + light weights today...and wow my skin texture and complexion looked amazing after all that sweating.

Anyways, i visited a Trader Joes/Walgreens/Longs Drugs/GNC and NONE of these stores had castor oil (wtf i live in cali too). Well, they had the laxative stuff, but i wanted the cold pressed cold processed because i dont want to take the chance with the laxative stuff breaking me out. I gave in and ordered some on Amazon. I bought some jojoba oil at Trader Joes so ill be trying the OCM once the castor oil arrives. Ill be using 50% castor/25% jojoba/25% organic grapeseed + few drops of tea tree oil. I was dissapointed that the GNC didnt have any Broccoli supplements either.

Foods I had today:

Breakfast: Nothing, just a bottle of water and a peice of gum lol

Lunch: Scrambled some eggs with fresh cut potatoes and drizzled some organic EVOO on top. 3 Tangerines and a Lemon

Dinner: Brown Rice. Steamed Broccoli with organic EVOO drizzled over. Chicken.

2 Tangerines and a Red Apple.

Junkfood: 1 Ice Cream sandwich

5/15/08

Current Status: HOLY CRAPTIZZLE ITS HOT. Its like 9pm right now and its still 75 degrees >.>

Anyways, this morning when i woke up, my skin looked so nice. Even better then when i was clear like a few weeks ago. Usually my skin looks amazing in the morning until i take a shower, but it looked the same even after i took a shower!!! Im not sure if its the mandelic acid or the ACV finally kicking in at full force, but its looking good so far. Fastforward 8 hours, after my daily jog + weights and taking a shower, i notice alot of little reddish marks on my skin...like a pimple is coming up...hopefully they will go away when i wake up tommorrow. The holistic approach really repairs my skin quick and fights off inflammation. Before i started this regime a few months ago, if i got a red mark, i woke up with a full blown inflammed pimple. Now they go away when i wake up the next morning hurray. The mandelic acid seems very promising, im noticing its effects after one day of use compared to the 2% BHA where i didnt notice a difference at all.

Foods i ate today:

Breakfast: Nothing, i woke up at like 11am haha

Lunch: Homemade vegetable soup. Water + carrots + celery + potatoes + tomatoes + chicken. 2 tangerines for dessert

Dinner: Had some noodles (cooked via boiling) + celery + chicken. Ate 2 lemons like they were oranges.

Junkfood: 1 Ice Cream sandwich (testing to see if ice cream breaks me out first :P )

5/17/08

Current Status: Well, when i woke up this morning i was pretty sad. The inflamed pimple right at the corner of my nose is pretty much gone, but in return i got a bright red pimple on my upper left temple area. Its small, but my skin is pretty white so its really really noticeable. Also got a bright red pimple right under my left jawline, to the left of my atoms apple. My chin area is looking a little better then yesterday, just a little. On my left jawline where i had my 2 nodules a while ago, there are alot of little red/white bumps popping around where the nodules used to be. Like 3 red marks/bumps and 2 very small but noticeable bumps. Fast forward like 7-8 hours, after my daily exercise + workout, my skin looked alot better after taking a shower. The 2 bright red/inflamed pimples have really calm down. I've been using tea tree oil as spot treatment.

It just occurred to me today that when i was clear, i was drinking alot of tea. So i will be picking that up again. I also read ndnromeo's post about your body absorbing only 20% of the supplements from multivitamins so im planning to cut that out asap...most likely after finals. I also got my castor oil yesterday but totally forgot about it, ill need to buy a bottle or something to store the mixture..and that will wait until finals are over.

Today wasn't as hot as yesterday...at least it didnt feel like it. I think the heat might be the culprit to me breaking out..which sucks cause i was hoping to go out alot during the summer...oh well we'll see.

Foods i ate today:

Breakfast: nothing

Lunch: Dim sum (steamed chinese appetizers)

Dinner: Steamed broccoli with EVOO drizzled over it. cucumbers + seaweed wrapped with some asian soft taco thingy..i dunno lol. 2 Red apples.

Junkfood: none!

5/18/08

Current Status: The 2 little inflammed pimples are gone and pretty much healed up already lol. However, i still have a few red/white bumps around my left jawline where i broke out with nodule pimples like 5-6 months ago. I guess alot of that gunk in there has spread around and has only started to surface 2 months after my last nodular pimple went away. My chin is still the same, all the little white bumps underneath still there. Its wierd because some days they seem like they are smaller and some days bigger. Starting to think its a fungus, i poked at a few with a needle a few times last week and nothing comes out. Speaking on fungus, i just read about candida overgrowth and stuff...so im going to do that spit/saliva test first thing when i wake up tommorrow. Im hoping i dont have it, but if i do, looks like its pretty easy to treat and it might solve all my problems lol. Although i doubt it since i dont really take anti-biotics. Oh well we'll see tommorrow.

I was cleaning my room today trying to get my mind off studying for a bit since im so stressed...and i stumbled upon a medicine bottle/dropper thingy. So i decided to try the Oil Clease Method (OCM) for the first time today. 50% castor/25% jojoba/25% organic grapeseed. The feeling was definitely new...my face felt sticky and stuff so i sorta freaked out and forgot to massage my face with the oil after the initial 1-2 steam and i was scrambling to wipe it off with my washcloth. My face feels the same although it looks a bit better texture wise so i'll probably be doing the OCM 1-2 times per week.

Im thinking about using the baby brush method after massaging the oil in my skin, i dont know though...ill read around and see if anyone has tried it...seems like a good idea to me haha. Anyways overall, my skin is looking decent, probably around 95-97% if i were to grade it :P

Foods i ate today:

Lunch: Noodles + chicken in artichoke soup base (definitely something i did not enjoy eating)

Dinner: Broccoli with EVOO. 2 bowls of brown rice + pork minced with some kind of crunchy white veggie..i have no idea what its called in english and you can see that i was pretty hungry lol. Oh and a red apple.

Junkfood: nada

5/19/08

Current Status: No active pimples or anything, feel a few bumps but im sure they will go away tommorrow so its not even worth mentioning. Anyways this morning i did that candida spit test...and according to the site with the spit test thing, i indeed have candida. The thing is, i have taken little to no antibiotics in the past 4...hell 8 years since i started high school. So i still have some doubt even though that spit test was positive. Although, ive read from several places that the spit test is very inaccurate and im questioning it myself. But for the hell of it, i started taking some probiotics. some drink my mom uses. Its good for your health either way so its a win win situation even of it turns out i dont have candida. The powder drink is called Pro Greens if anyone is interested. Ill pick up some coconut oil/garlic supplements from whole foods wednesday after my last final. The Pro Greens has acidophilius which seems to be the big thing in fighting candida so i dont think i need to buy that supplement by itself. Anyways, reading the stuff on askshelley.com about candida, looks like im going to have to eliminate even more foods...which i said to hell with after eating 2 sweet potatoes tonight. I will be keeping the same diet but just adding probiotics and some supplements in.

Acne wise, my face is doing alright, the bumps around my chin are still there (one symptom of candida is acne mainly around the mouth area...which is exactly what i get). Im going to start using the nizarol or whatever shampoo on those little bumps every night. Im starting to think its a fungus. Last night after i took a shower, i noticed the area between my nose and upper lip as well my chin was dry! I was shocked because most products dont budge my skin ...so im happy to see that the 10% MA + 2% SA is working. I didnt apply any acid after that nor today in the morning to give my skin a little break. I did use a honey aspirin mask though right before i went to bed. I dabbed a little jojoba oil to the dry areas today and thats it.

I've been stressing over finals and trying to finish up some work, so no exercise today or tommorrow. My skin would get a 98% if i were to grade it :P

Foods i ate today:

Lunch: 2 scrambled eggs (i was too freaked out during the moment when i saw my spit show symptoms of having candida)

Dinner: 2 sweet potatoes. Green grapes

Junkfood:i was reading through the candida thread on the holistic forums while eating..i got to about page 12 and said f*** it, im going to eat an ice cream bar and some green grapes even though they say to avoid any type of sugar, even fruits.

Candida can go to hell, ill trust that probiotics will fix the problem if i have it. I have a pretty healthy diet and my skin isnt bad...so if it takes longer to reverse the effects of candida..then thats cool. I like pigging out and not gaining a single pound anyways.

5/19/08

Current Status: No active pimples or anything, feel a few bumps but im sure they will go away tommorrow so its not even worth mentioning. Anyways this morning i did that candida spit test...and according to the site with the spit test thing, i indeed have candida. The thing is, i have taken little to no antibiotics in the past 4...hell 8 years since i started high school. So i still have some doubt even though that spit test was positive. Although, ive read from several places that the spit test is very inaccurate and im questioning it myself. But for the hell of it, i started taking some probiotics. some drink my mom uses. Its good for your health either way so its a win win situation even of it turns out i dont have candida. The powder drink is called Pro Greens if anyone is interested. Ill pick up some coconut oil/garlic supplements from whole foods wednesday after my last final. The Pro Greens has acidophilius which seems to be the big thing in fighting candida so i dont think i need to buy that supplement by itself. Anyways, reading the stuff on askshelley.com about candida, looks like im going to have to eliminate even more foods...which i said to hell with after eating 2 sweet potatoes tonight. I will be keeping the same diet but just adding probiotics and some supplements in.

Acne wise, my face is doing alright, the bumps around my chin are still there (one symptom of candida is acne mainly around the mouth area...which is exactly what i get). Im going to start using the nizarol or whatever shampoo on those little bumps every night. Im starting to think its a fungus. Last night after i took a shower, i noticed the area between my nose and upper lip as well my chin was dry! I was shocked because most products dont budge my skin ...so im happy to see that the 10% MA + 2% SA is working. I didnt apply any acid after that nor today in the morning to give my skin a little break. I did use a honey aspirin mask though right before i went to bed. I dabbed a little jojoba oil to the dry areas today and thats it.

I've been stressing over finals and trying to finish up some work, so no exercise today or tommorrow. My skin would get a 98% if i were to grade it :P

Foods i ate today:

Lunch: 2 scrambled eggs (i was too freaked out during the moment when i saw my spit show symptoms of having candida)

Dinner: 2 sweet potatoes. Green grapes

Junkfood:i was reading through the candida thread on the holistic forums while eating..i got to about page 12 and said f*** it, im going to eat an ice cream bar and some green grapes even though they say to avoid any type of sugar, even fruits.

Candida can go to hell, ill trust that probiotics will fix the problem if i have it. I have a pretty healthy diet and my skin isnt bad...so if it takes longer to reverse the effects of candida..then thats cool. I like pigging out and not gaining a single pound anyways.

Hey,

About the candida, I thought I had it too but when I went to a holistic doctor and asked him about the spit test, he said it's not very scientific and he gave me candida cleanses anyway which did absolutely squat.

I'm not saying you necessarily don't have it, but you might want to get a professional to look at it.

5/23/08

Current Status: Well i forgot to post yesterday cause nothing really happened, no change in my skin. Anyways i woke up this morning with 2 red bumps, 1 small and 1 medium sized around my chin area where im trying to get rid of the white bumps. Using Nizarol shampoo + 10% MA + tee tree oil was a BAD idea. Its really dry around that area now, although the bumps seem to be a little bit more noticable...maybe its finally getting pushed up? I want to lay off the MA but i like how it makes my skin feel lol. Ill switch to 2% SA tonight since i havent used it in a week. Im not using tea tree oil or the nizarol shampoo on the white bumps anymore. Besides that, nothing new or exciting that i have to share...just playing the waiting game to see if probiotics kick in.

Foods i ate yesterday:

Lunch: Scrambled eggs with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Ton of green grapes

Dinner: Brown rice, Chicken, broccoli with EVOO.

Junkfood: none

UPDATE:

Foods i ate today:

Lunch: All yea can eat sushi! (seafood is good..right? lol)

Dinner: Broccoli with EVOO + scrambled eggs + coconut oil

Junkfood: small ice cream bar

5/24/08

Current Status: This is going to be a rant post. Im just really upset and dissapointed. I woke up and my face was fine this morning, then after taking a shower tonight, BAM! huge red pimple smack dab in the middle of my forehead...WTF? There is also a pimple near my eyebrow thats forming...cuz its reddish. And to top things off, i think i broke out on my back for the first time in like months...i was washing my back and holy crap, like 4-5 medium to large sized pimples. The 2 reddish pimples around my chin came back with a vengeance today. Furthermore, i have like 6-7 blackheads...which i never got until i started using SA/MA...ironic much? But yeh i dont know. i went on a picking spree tonight cause i really just dont give a diddly squat right now. I emptied out the gunk in the pimple on my forehead and my chin...and i messed around with the comedonal acne bumps around my chin like hell...i also scrubbed it very hard just to see what would happen. Anyways whatever, my skin fails..FAILS GDI!!! /rant off

Ill be looking over what i ate the past week, although i doubt it was anything i ate...since im a picky eater so its pretty hard to add new foods to my diet. Hopefully its my body getting taking care of the candida...since it usually gets worse before it gets better right? right??? sigh...

Foods i ate today:

breakfast: nothing

lunch: dim sum

dinner: pizza (yup, i was pissed so i went and ordered a pizza)

junkfood: what i ate for dinner

Don't pick!

Sakurahime - check out her log, is having ib's using the same type of combo therapy, the same products too, it started after the BHA was introduced. I had an IB using MA the first few weeks, and I panicked. Hold tight, it will get better.

Don't pick!

Sakurahime - check out her log, is having ib's using the same type of combo therapy, the same products too, it started after the BHA was introduced. I had an IB using MA the first few weeks, and I panicked. Hold tight, it will get better.

You will find with MA that your spots willheal quicker. Neosporin is great too, after you apply your products, put a dab on the spots before you go to bed. Most probiotics take like 30-60 days to help you - so I don't think it would be that. It's just doing what you are doing.

You will find with MA that your spots willheal quicker. Neosporin is great too, after you apply your products, put a dab on the spots before you go to bed. Most probiotics take like 30-60 days to help you - so I don't think it would be that. It's just doing what you are doing.

I am sure people see positive results in the first week or so of taking anything new. But most supplements take time to get in your system to work. Things like Activia - that yogurt stuff that has probiotics in it say you can see results in about 2 weeks in your digestive system. But some folks take Zinc for example for 2 days and get ticked because they don't see anything. That is not logical. I used to work with people that sell different type of supplements, herbs, etc. and they always told people that you need 30-90 days to see results. Stick with it, it is good to have even if you no longer think you have candida.

I am sure people see positive results in the first week or so of taking anything new. But most supplements take time to get in your system to work. Things like Activia - that yogurt stuff that has probiotics in it say you can see results in about 2 weeks in your digestive system. But some folks take Zinc for example for 2 days and get ticked because they don't see anything. That is not logical. I used to work with people that sell different type of supplements, herbs, etc. and they always told people that you need 30-90 days to see results. Stick with it, it is good to have even if you no longer think you have candida.

Ahh yes, i totally agree! Just like supplements, probiotics must be taken long term to really see the benefits kick in. When you said that most probiotics take 30-60 days to take effect, that got me a little confused because i thought you were stating that you wont notice its effects until 1-2 months later. But yes, i will be taking probiotics for a long time to come lol...now my question is ..does it matter have much i take? I currently take one right after i wake up and one before i sleep. It has 4 billion microorganisms. At night i also drink some powder stuff (sort of like a green drink except its not fresh) that also comes with 5 billion microorganisms although im not sure how effective that is. How much should i be taking in per day? Thanks for your time and input, i really appreciate it.

____

I took a look at a few - 50 billion was the most and it was a once a day deal, the others were 10-13 billion per day, but work your way up to that, it may be too much at first. Nucelle has antifungal properties, many use it Mandelic acid to help with PF if you really have it.

I took a look at a few - 50 billion was the most and it was a once a day deal, the others were 10-13 billion per day, but work your way up to that, it may be too much at first. Nucelle has antifungal properties, many use it Mandelic acid to help with PF if you really have it.

5/29/08

Current Status:

So last night i took a shower before heading to bed and felt a pimple coming up..so i popped it and squeezed all the stuff out, seemed like it was ripe and ready even though it just suddenly appeared. There is just a lil faint red mark there now and hopefully it'll be completely gone by tommorrow since im having lunch with a few friends and i dont want a red mark on my forehead! Im getting wierd bumps everywhere like my left tempo area so im guessing its just the MA purge chugging along.. My left jawline is a little better, notice quite a bit of improvement.. probably 85% healed/fixed whatever. Besides that, nothing much else, just a few bumps that come and go. I just really want my left jawline area to heal up so i can go back to wearing tshirts and stuff...im wearing thin hoodies right now to cover it lol.

Foods i ate today:

lunch : sweet potatoes with alot of green grapes

dinner: sushi ( i had alot of leftover stuff )

junkfood: nothing

5/30/08

Current Status: Bumps are definately going away! My left jawline is getting alot better, and the little bumps from the other day are pretty much gone. My chin is looking ok, the bumps are almost gone BUT i feel a rather big pimple coming up on the left corner =( Im guessing this is the IB from MA. The whole area under my lip (chin area) is really dry and flaky...so im just gonna use jojoba oil to moisturize tonight and nothing more. I hope nothing bad happens from skipping 1-2 days of MA. And i hope that pimple goes away lol. Anyways, overall my skin is looking great, just the chin/jawline area seem to be the most problematic. Overall id give it a 96%

Things i ate today:

lunch: all you can eat sushi (time to see if white rice really affects me)

dinner: just water and alot of grapes

junkfood: white rice i guess?

5/31/08

Current Status: Well the bumps along my left jawline are improving, but still somewhat visable...although they look more like PIH marks then bumps now, which is good i guess. The inflamed pimple (sorta) didnt get smaller last night..but i can sorta feel the head and really tempted to pop it, but ill give it one more day to see if it gets smaller. If its still the same when i wake up tommorrow, i think imma just pop it. I know i shouldnt pick/pop them, but i know for me at least, if i dont get that gunk out, the inflammation doesnt go away and i still get a little PIH for a couple days so...there is no point for me not to pop it (im pretty resillant to scarring btw) Besides that, nothing else really special.

Foods i ate today:

lunch: dim sum. strawberries for dessert

dinner: sweet potatoes. grapes for dessert

junkfood: nothing

another person from the bay area :) me too! I'm also starting a strict diet because topicals and birth control are screwing up my face enough, so I'm going to go all out with the diet/holistic thing and hopefully I'll see some improvement!