Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok. this is a rant ... to get my feelings out of hatred for myself.

why is it that when i look in a mirror i burst out crying or just stare at my face in pure disqust?

even when ive got tons of makeup on, or my face looks flawless, i can still not bare to look at myself without tears running down my stupid face or thoughts of hopelessness and hurt clouding my mind like poisenous gas.

im so fed up of having to put on tons of concealor and powder just to get a few hours of confidence ... because as soon as i take all the greasy crap off my face, the artificial confidence just breaks.

why do i have to feel jealous of all the perfect faces in the magazines? the fake looking beauties on equally fake programs like the oc or the hills?

whats even worse is all of the jealousy i feel towards people ... people in the streets, my friends, people on the internet .. people anywhere.

i hate the way my confidence goes up and down like some out of control rollercoaster ... one day ill feel worth something then the next ill feel like utter crap.

why cant i have that secure confidence that so many girls ooze?

the truth is .. i dont feel pretty without makeup.

acne pulled my confidence down all the way to the floor.

but even when there are days when my skin is clear ... im still not confident, still not able to be happy with myself, to smile when i look in the mirror.

ive been brought up in such a fake, superficial world. with all these perfect celebrities, illusions of perfect skin, perfect faces, perfect bodies.

everyone seems to be obsessed with the way they look, and now i am too.

acne diminished all my confidence, but even when its horrible existence isnt present, i still am not happy.

im just not confident, and i know i have no self esteem .... something i need to work on.

maybe i have the world to blame, the image obsessed media, the glossy magazines full of perfect women, the always flawless celebrities.

maybe i have my friends to blame, all of them obsessed with the way they look even though theyre all beautiful.

maybe i have boys to blame, constantly having the pressure of having to look good just so guys can notice me, even though they never do.

maybe i have acne to blame, the scars, the whiteheads, redness, dryness, flaking and all the other crap that drags me down.

or maybe its me. the girl with no confidence, no self esteem, and no existence. acne may have started to pull my confidence down .. but to be honest .. i just think its me that keeps picking at myself for things to drag myself into the mud .. so i can hate myself.

sorry for the long rant lol ... i cant tell my friends or family .. its just to embarrassing when i say it and they never understand :( and im not trying to get attention or anything like that .. i just need to let it all out .. been holding it in for too darn long now.

I know how you feel ihatecomedones. Some days when when i look particularly good with no breaks outs ect i still feel crap because I see all the other people who eat crap all day and smoke and they have perfect skin. Whenever I get boosts of confidence the world just throws me back in the mud some way or another.

However , we have to keep trying! Giving up means you let everything else that you loath win!

ok i know EXACTLY how you feel. i cannot leave my house without some make up on and even at that im stil so ashamed , unconfident and miserable. i hate my skin and i am depressed over it . and yes i am jealous of all the other girls with beautiful skin...when i have acne i am not beautiful...but i try so hard.. so your not alone!!!

LET IT ALL OUT!!! i would never talk to my mates or family bout this because it is embarrassing.. etc

acne destroyed my confidence too even when my skin is clear like you said^^

but you have to try and be positive, the more stressed and obsessed you get the more down and depressed youll feel.

ok so you have acne...dont pick at your other "flaws" and im sure its not as bad as u think..

i hope i helped ..i dont make much sense as a write lol

xxxxxxxxxx :D

ok i know EXACTLY how you feel. i cannot leave my house without some make up on and even at that im stil so ashamed , unconfident and miserable. i hate my skin and i am depressed over it . and yes i am jealous of all the other girls with beautiful skin...when i have acne i am not beautiful...but i try so hard.. so your not alone!!!

LET IT ALL OUT!!! i would never talk to my mates or family bout this because it is embarrassing.. etc

acne destroyed my confidence too even when my skin is clear like you said^^

but you have to try and be positive, the more stressed and obsessed you get the more down and depressed youll feel.

ok so you have acne...dont pick at your other "flaws" and im sure its not as bad as u think..

i hope i helped ..i dont make much sense as a write lol

xxxxxxxxxx :D

I know how you feel ihatecomedones. Some days when when i look particularly good with no breaks outs ect i still feel crap because I see all the other people who eat crap all day and smoke and they have perfect skin. Whenever I get boosts of confidence the world just throws me back in the mud some way or another.

However , we have to keep trying! Giving up means you let everything else that you loath win!

I just read this it might be worth some thought.

" Life is like the board game Chutes and Ladders. Sooner or later you are going to fall, but falling helps you roll the dice to go back up the ladders to reach your goal. The dice is the roll of hard work that factors your fate. One day, you will reach the finish spot."

lol now that i think about it , "finish spot" heh anyone see wut i did ther.

why is it that when i look in a mirror i burst out crying or just stare at my face in pure disqust?

even when ive got tons of makeup on, or my face looks flawless, i can still not bare to look at myself without tears running down my stupid face or thoughts of hopelessness and hurt clouding my mind like poisenous gas.

im so fed up of having to put on tons of concealor and powder just to get a few hours of confidence ... because as soon as i take all the greasy crap off my face, the artificial confidence just breaks.

why do i have to feel jealous of all the perfect faces in the magazines? the fake looking beauties on equally fake programs like the oc or the hills?

whats even worse is all of the jealousy i feel towards people ... people in the streets, my friends, people on the internet .. people anywhere.

i hate the way my confidence goes up and down like some out of control rollercoaster ... one day ill feel worth something then the next ill feel like utter crap.

but even when there are days when my skin is clear ... im still not confident, still not able to be happy with myself, to smile when i look in the mirror.

ive been brought up in such a fake, superficial world. with all these perfect celebrities, illusions of perfect skin, perfect faces, perfect bodies.

acne diminished all my confidence, but even when its horrible existence isnt present, i still am not happy.

im just not confident, and i know i have no self esteem .... something i need to work on.

maybe i have the world to blame, the image obsessed media, the glossy magazines full of perfect women, the always flawless celebrities.

maybe i have my friends to blame, all of them obsessed with the way they look even though theyre all beautiful.

maybe i have boys to blame, constantly having the pressure of having to look good just so guys can notice me, even though they never do.

maybe i have acne to blame, the scars, the whiteheads, redness, dryness, flaking and all the other crap that drags me down.

or maybe its me. the girl with no confidence, no self esteem, and no existence. acne may have started to pull my confidence down .. but to be honest .. i just think its me that keeps picking at myself for things to drag myself into the mud .. so i can hate myself.

sorry for the long rant lol ... i cant tell my friends or family .. its just to embarrassing when i say it and they never understand and im not trying to get attention or anything like that .. i just need to let it all out .. been holding it in for too darn long now.

Fuck the media.

definitely .. all these perfect people in the press make us look like crap compared ..

sorry for the long rant lol ... i cant tell my friends or family .. its just to embarrassing when i say it and they never understand and im not trying to get attention or anything like that .. i just need to let it all out .. been holding it in for too darn long now.

Couldnt have explained how I feel right now any better! Thank you - I'm sorry there is someone else in this world who feels as shitty as I do. Every day feels like a struggle. Take care and let it all out!!!! x

hey! just like a lot of these people say on the boards....acne has nothing to do with how you feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's all in your head my dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIGHT GUYS?!

It's good to rant, gets it outta your system. lol.

I always have to wear make-up too. I guess it's not doing that much good for our skin, huh? lol. But if it makes us feel better, even for a few hours like you say, why not??? :D

A decent guy will like you for you, I still think there are some decent guys who aren't only interested in the girls who wear the latest fashions/have really straight hair/are size 0, etc etc. Don't let yourself feel like guys are putting pressure on you to look good. Look good for yourself. Don't pay attention to what guys like in girls. Be yourself and you'll grab the attention of a guy who will really be worth it. Not these superficial idiots.

Don't pay any attention to the media either. They WANT you to feel like this. I mean, no way do these models look how they do in magazines in real life. EVERYONE has flaws. They are just lucky because in these photoshoots, they get the best stylists, clothes, make-up and stuff.

You're quite lucky that you have days when your face is clear. Some of us aren't so lucky. lol. Anyway, you should really try to love yourself, or at least pretend you do because at the end of the day, we are our own best friends and also, if you say harsh things about yourself, other people see that as an invitation to put you down as well. Don't let them! Work on your confidence and if that doesn't work, just PRETEND you are confident! Works for me, sometimes! I hope you feel better soon. You're acne will be gone one day. That thought keeps me going!

xxx

I always have to wear make-up too. I guess it's not doing that much good for our skin, huh? lol. But if it makes us feel better, even for a few hours like you say, why not??? :D

A decent guy will like you for you, I still think there are some decent guys who aren't only interested in the girls who wear the latest fashions/have really straight hair/are size 0, etc etc. Don't let yourself feel like guys are putting pressure on you to look good. Look good for yourself. Don't pay attention to what guys like in girls. Be yourself and you'll grab the attention of a guy who will really be worth it. Not these superficial idiots.

Don't pay any attention to the media either. They WANT you to feel like this. I mean, no way do these models look how they do in magazines in real life. EVERYONE has flaws. They are just lucky because in these photoshoots, they get the best stylists, clothes, make-up and stuff.

You're quite lucky that you have days when your face is clear. Some of us aren't so lucky. lol. Anyway, you should really try to love yourself, or at least pretend you do because at the end of the day, we are our own best friends and also, if you say harsh things about yourself, other people see that as an invitation to put you down as well. Don't let them! Work on your confidence and if that doesn't work, just PRETEND you are confident! Works for me, sometimes! I hope you feel better soon. You're acne will be gone one day. That thought keeps me going!

xxx

Fuck the media.

definitely .. all these perfect people in the press make us look like crap compared ..

xxx

just the thought of there being so many other beautiful girls with good skin ... why would any person want me?

i cant really think like that though cause im only bringing myself down more

youre right .. we are our own best friends! maybe i need to be abit kinder to mine!

and that is the only thought that subsides all of the crap that comes with acne and low self esteem ... the thought that one day itll all be gone! :dance:

Hey a few weeks ago i feel suicidal cos of all the pressure to look good however people on here made me realize that it was a stupid thing to think about. Things will eventually get better trust me.

Ive felt so much like that its untrue. Im finding it a struggle to leave my house sometimes and its a hard task to do things which before i wouldn’t have thourght twice about. When i look in mirrors I think "jesus am I really that ugly" and I just want a big hole to swallow me up. It has got to the point where ive looked in the mirror over 50+ times a day!. Im trying to think of ways to get over this as quite frankly i dont have much of a life. Its something I must conquer as well. Ive also had problems with eating disorders when i was younger which ive overcame basically ive had alot of my life robbed by that and now acne. I did overcome my eating disorder and now acne is something else which needs to be overcome.

Anyway my advice to you I hate comedones is to try you hardest to keep your mind away from acne. I know how hard it is. The method im trying and failing it has to be said) is to have specific mirror times in the day. Basically I look in the mirror at say when I get up once a lunch time, once in evening and when I apply my treatment at night. Any other times ill try and not look in the mirror. This may seem a bit silly but its kind of mental training. And eventually after a few weeks I hope it will keep my mind away from acne a bit more. I think worrying about acne can make it worse-increased stress=increased acne. Also im trying to make sure I take part in my interests such as running and weightlifting more and also reading books and watching as many films that will inspire me. I think when you watch or read something when someone overcomes something then it can make you feel a whole lot better. I also try to surround myself with positive people and not bother with people who are likely to be superficial and try and bring me down. Remember a person can only make you feel bad if you give them license to. What I mean is that when someone makes a cruel remark by accepting that remark you have given them the license to make you feel bad, it is you not them who has made you feel bad. A good comeback to use is “well at least I have an excuse to be ugly†that always shuts them up!.

With boys yes someone of us are pricks don’t get me wrong. But why do you want to be associated with people like that? There are boys like me who won’t give two shits about a few spots on your face and love you for your personality. If a girl has spots I don’t even care. My ex girlfriend had acne marginally worse than me yet she was so beautiful! I bet you are too. Being single can be so lonely I know, I ve been single for 8 months now without a sniff of anything and it has be really hard!. I subscribe to the point that everygood person deserves to be loved. I deserve to be loved you deserve to be loved, please never ever think that you don’t.

Anyway I hope ive made you feel a little bit better:) It really breaks my heart when I know people feel the same way as me.

Hey a few weeks ago i feel suicidal cos of all the pressure to look good however people on here made me realize that it was a stupid thing to think about. Things will eventually get better trust me.

Ive felt so much like that its untrue. Im finding it a struggle to leave my house sometimes and its a hard task to do things which before i wouldn’t have thourght twice about. When i look in mirrors I think "jesus am I really that ugly" and I just want a big hole to swallow me up. It has got to the point where ive looked in the mirror over 50+ times a day!. Im trying to think of ways to get over this as quite frankly i dont have much of a life. Its something I must conquer as well. Ive also had problems with eating disorders when i was younger which ive overcame basically ive had alot of my life robbed by that and now acne. I did overcome my eating disorder and now acne is something else which needs to be overcome.

Anyway my advice to you I hate comedones is to try you hardest to keep your mind away from acne. I know how hard it is. The method im trying and failing it has to be said) is to have specific mirror times in the day. Basically I look in the mirror at say when I get up once a lunch time, once in evening and when I apply my treatment at night. Any other times ill try and not look in the mirror. This may seem a bit silly but its kind of mental training. And eventually after a few weeks I hope it will keep my mind away from acne a bit more. I think worrying about acne can make it worse-increased stress=increased acne. Also im trying to make sure I take part in my interests such as running and weightlifting more and also reading books and watching as many films that will inspire me. I think when you watch or read something when someone overcomes something then it can make you feel a whole lot better. I also try to surround myself with positive people and not bother with people who are likely to be superficial and try and bring me down. Remember a person can only make you feel bad if you give them license to. What I mean is that when someone makes a cruel remark by accepting that remark you have given them the license to make you feel bad, it is you not them who has made you feel bad. A good comeback to use is “well at least I have an excuse to be ugly†that always shuts them up!.

With boys yes someone of us are pricks don’t get me wrong. But why do you want to be associated with people like that? There are boys like me who won’t give two shits about a few spots on your face and love you for your personality. If a girl has spots I don’t even care. My ex girlfriend had acne marginally worse than me yet she was so beautiful! I bet you are too. Being single can be so lonely I know, I ve been single for 8 months now without a sniff of anything and it has be really hard!. I subscribe to the point that everygood person deserves to be loved. I deserve to be loved you deserve to be loved, please never ever think that you don’t.

Anyway I hope ive made you feel a little bit better:) It really breaks my heart when I know people feel the same way as me.

Why is it shallow to be attracted to good looks? Bullshit. A good example is that most white guys don't find black women attractive. Does that make them racists? Bad people? Shallow? No. It's not their fault. It's human nature.

If people mention your acne, why take it personally? YOU DO HAVE ACNE. If people tell you that your acne is ugly as hell, they definitely have their own issues. Laugh at them, and walk away knowing that you're the bigger person. Anyways, you have to love yourself for others to love you. Hating your looks and appearance won't bring you anything but self-pity and self-destruction. Your problem is not your looks - it's what's going on inside your head. I know lots of "ugly people" who are more confident than anyone, they're fun to be around and they always attract attention. Positive attention.

Oh, and if you have weight issues and they bother you, fix them. While acne isn't "cureable", being overweight is.