Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really don't feel like a normal human being anymore. Even after writing that I feel like I'm being overly dramatic but I can't help but feel this way.

I used to like reading books, studying, going to the gym, biking, going out partying, going to the beach, traveling, dancing, and being happy but now I think I've changed. I'm on accutane but I really don't think it's what is causing it. I'm happier now that I'm on accutane. It gives me hope that I'll clear up eventually. It's the acne that's done this.

I don't even value sex anymore. I used to only want to sleep with someone if I was in love with them and now I don't even believe in love. I honestly don't think someone could love me. And I find it hard for me to associate the two words love and sex together.

I'm not a basket case. I still go out with my friends and try my hardest not to let this effect my life but I feel like the struggle with acne has changed me. I'm a very different person now compared to who I was before and it scares me a little.

They all seem like side effects of Accutane, and I'm sure you'll be back to your reading, beach going, partying self after you're off it.

The struggle with acne does change people, and Accutane can play absolute havoc on your moods and energy levels. I've seen hundreds of people report feeling absolutely unlike themselves while on tane, so please don't feel like you are a freak for that! And having to deal with the emotional struggle of acne, every day, is a downer, no two ways about it. That's why we have this place, please keep talking - we're listening!

Hey! :)

I know what you mean... I used to be a different person before getting acne and I think that's because I used to be confident and am not so much any more.

It's great that you're on Accutane though, it really does help. I personally don't have much trouble with mood swings/depression and stuff whilst taking it but I hear it can affect some people. But just look forward to when you've finished your course and your skin will be looking fab and you can enjoy all those things that you used to. In the meantime, try to do those things that you used to enjoy doing, it will take your mind off your skin. Acne shouldn't stop us from doing the things we love, although I know it does sometimes.

Good luck.

I know what you mean... I used to be a different person before getting acne and I think that's because I used to be confident and am not so much any more.

Although I agree with you here as in less confidence in general after acne I think there is also some sort of deeper emotional change after dealing with acne, kind of like a bitterness that you cant really put your finger on.

If you're on accutane still, consult your doctor about your mood changes, this could be a serious side effect.

As for your feelings ...if it makes you feel better, we all feel like shit.

Wooooooooooow...

Six months later and I feel completely different! I've been off of accutane for almost three months now and don't have a single active on my ENTIRE BODY! I'm so much different. I gained back my confidence, I'm starting to get more attention from guys, and I just feel like my old self again. Accutane was a miracle drug for me. I'm going to the gym now, I WEAR TANK-TOPS!!!!, I wear sleeveless dresses!!!, I can wash off my make-up in front of my friends without feeling embarrassed, and the greatest of all I went swimming last week for the first time in over four years!!

I feel great! Even though when I start feeling this optimistic I remind myself that the acne could come back one day. Hopefully it won't, but I think I've gained enough confidence so that if it does come back I'll handle it better than I did before.

Thank you so much for coming back and updating for us, Raquelle! It's not often we get to hear the end of the story, so this is a special treat for all of us! Thank you!

I hope I can bring hope to anyone who is feeling down. Just remember there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

I hope I can bring hope to anyone who is feeling down. Just remember there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Even if it is a looooooooooooooooooooong tunnel.

Even if it is a looooooooooooooooooooong tunnel.

Haha you can say that again, might I add its also a damn uncertain tunnel.

Congrats Raquelle, glad your doing well!