Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rg1223

Wtf is this craziness?

So it's my 8th day on accutane and I haven't really noticed a difference yet (my back is starting to hurt tho so that's nice) but today after I took a shower I noticed that my skin looked like it's peeling. This should be normal I know but the thing is my face still gets extremely oily like an hour after I wash it so I don't see how it could dry out if it's always oily? Is this normal or what? I don't use a moisturizer but solely because my face absolutely does not need any added moisture, it produces plenty on its own. So basically does this mean that I should start using a moisturizer and my face will start drying out soon?

I heard somewhere that even though your skin can be extremely dry, it can still be extremely oily at the same time. Your skin may be producing extra oil to make up for the dryness, at least until the accutane starts to slow down your oil production. I still have a couple weeks before I start accutane, but I have had this same problem with other treatments. My skin was so dry, flakey, and cracked that it hurt to move my face, but at the same time I had this ridiculous oil slick on top of it all. It sounds conflicting, but moisturizing actually helped with the oiliness. I would suggest a good oil-free moisturizer and use plenty of it.

There's my two cents! Hope it helps :)

My skin did the same thing yours is doing. Your oil production is about to go waaaaay down so yea, I recommend moisturizing even though you're still oily.

you should get complex 15 moisturizer its the best out their i had the same situation, your oil production is about to basically cease so you should get a good moisturizer and use it occasionally