Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misselizabeth

Acne.org sooo good for when you're feeling down

This is random and I'm not sure where it belongs but I am sitting here thinking to myself how much Acne.org has helped me. Last year, I was sooo depressed about having acne and was searching on the net for anything that might be useful when I found this site. I am so much happier now. It might sound silly... I dunno. I just think it's great that we can come here to ask anything and everything about acne and to vent when we need to! And it's great knowing we're not alone. And yep, that's my post done. Anyone else feel that this site has helped them SOOO much? Or am I a bit of a loser?! lol.

I know that it made me pay attention to myself a lot more while reading a lot of stuff here. So I guess it helped me. I think this is a great place for people that feel depressed and think there is nowhere else to go.

lol - this site is good for both support and spending time.....on the weeks when I'm not doing finals in school and getting married I can spend upwards of 3-5 hours a day here....I love this place.

The org is great. An amazing resource of people helping people, can you imagine if the same energy that's put into the org were put into the rest of the world-politically, socially, spiritually, economically etc......... We might have peace break out, no famine, clean fuels, and great healthcare. :cool:

Miss Elizabeth-

Haha no you're not a loser for posting that. Everyone needs to know someone else is going through the same thing sometimes, and that's what it's here for. It looks like this site has helped more than your emotional problems-- you're beautiful.

Creed

If not for the fear of public embarrassment I would have made this site my home page :D

K

I've never come across anything quite like this site. Here, you can have a philosophical discussion with someone from Ireland, or share your regimen experiences with someone from Singapore. There are days I log on to be edified, and other days when I can need some support or advice. And if I need products, I can order them right here. Sometimes I just log on to pass the time, see what everyone else is talking about or if there are any "hot topics". Sometimes I just log on to say hi. Obviously we all know what brought us here. What I didn't expect to find was this multicultural community of really cool and unique individuals, from all walks of life, of all ages, all linked by this one commonality. To be able to speak freely and be understood and accepted is a beautiful thing. :D

I've never come across anything quite like this site. Here, you can have a philosophical discussion with someone from Ireland, or share your regimen experiences with someone from Singapore. There are days I log on to be edified, and other days when I can share my experiences. And if I need products, I can order them right here. Sometimes I just log on to pass the time, see what everyone else is talking about or if there are any "hot topics". Obviously we all know what brought us here. What I didn't expect to find was this multicultural community of really cool and unique individuals, from all walks of life, of all ages, all linked by this one commonality. To be able to speak freely and be understood and accepted is a beautiful thing. :D

woah lol i read the title as "acne so good when ur feeling down" xD xD

Anywho , i agree this site is a good reminder that we are not alone with our problems and that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Miss Elizabeth, you are gorgeous and have NO need to worry.

I think that this site can be a help and a hinderance: I am so thankful for the way that people UNDERSTAND (stressed because many out there, in the 'real world', don't), are empathic, supportive and offer advice and guidance. I find it problematic when I compare myself to others and think 'my skin is so much worse' - it's pretty moderate, but varies a lot.

On the whole, though, I am very grateful for all of you, who help me with this situation and somehow, sometimes, make it more bearable.

Glad I'm not the only one who's supposed to be revising instead of spending time on here! Haha! Should be revising for my German exam tomorrow... Uh oh...

Thanks for the compliment gracie, my pics really do my skin justice lol.