Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know it won't cure my problems but I've read here and there about Honey having antibacterial properties that help acne and make your skin smooth

I wanted to give it a shot and if anybody has a good honey mask recipe/comments that would be greatly appreciated

I think a lot of people crush a few aspirin and then mix with honey for a mask. The aspirin is very similar to salicylic acid, so it works better than just plain honey.

It calms things down some, helps even out and smooth skin for while to. Its worth a shot. Add like 5 or 6 asprin in like a shot glass or something and add a couple (drops) of water and let them dissolve. Then add whatever amount of honey. Let sit for about 45 mins then wash off gently.

thanks

i was reading on other sites that i should first try for 5 minutes and see how my skin reacts

i'm not sure on how many aspirin to use and how much honey

a recipe i found was

* 1 Raw Egg [egg whites]

* 2 Tablespoons of Honey

* Splash of Milk

* 1 tsp Vitamin E oil

to much water... Just put like 6 asprin in there and about 3 drops and let it sit for minute. Then take a look at it and maybe try to crush it up a little bit and stir it....add a drop or so if needed then add a bunch of honey. Its a mess just dont get to much on fingers at once and apply it. DO NOT let your face touch anything or dont touch your face while its on...it really is a mess haha

also

is it okay to do it every other day or is that too often

and i ground up the aspirin before i added water should i skip grinding it up or does it not matter?

I think a honey mask shrank my big spots some but also may have clogged my pores. I used it by itself, applied to a wet face and then leave it for about 10 min, rinse.