Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoetrope

Regimen Log Starting 5/11/08

So I've decided to try Dan's regimen after reading the whole process. I bought the Acne.org products last night and they should be here in a couple days. However, since I've been through so many acne products that didn't work I already had what I needed to go ahead and start the regimen last night. I used a gentle cleanser called "Purity", I had quite a lot of 2.5%BP from Proactiv still laying around, and Olay Regenerist (SP?) for the moisturizer. After typing all of that, maybe combining all those different brands is going to f*ck me pretty bad until I get the products I ordered from this website.

5/11/08: Woke up with very slightly clearer skin. After reading the topics on here about the Fish Oil (my skin is so oily, my whole face is already shining so bad after cleansing 15 minutes ago) I've decided to go out and buy some, along with some Zinc supplements as well, and possibly even some ACV if I can find it. I'll post some pictures when my sister gets home with her camera.

5/11/08 Continued

Went out and purchased Apple Cider Vinegar and Fish Oil. I took 2 tablespoons of ACV, put it in a glass of water, still tasted dreadful. I'm going to try taking 4 tablets of Fish Oil a day along with 1 Vitamin C tablet as well.

11/14/08

I think my combination of stuff I had left over from all the acne products I've already tried isn't working out too well. There's a lot of irritation, and it just doesn't feel right. I'm not quite sure why I thought using 3 different brand products together was going to go over smoothly. Don't think I'm trying to jump shit on the regimen or anything, I ordered the starter kit from Dan's website and I'm waiting on that basically. I wasn't able to wash my face last night which kind of made me paranoid because I'm kind of OCD about the 2 times a day thing. Oh well. I have my orientation at Lowe's today which I'm about to leave for. Hopefully I'll be able to take some pictures today finally.

hey, good idea about the zinc and fish oil supplements, dan lists them both on his page about what he uses and i believe they're an important addition to any regimen! dont worry too much about these next few days, id say just keep gently washing your face and try to keep irritation to a minimum. let us know how everything goes when you get your products and good luck!

I got my products in today, I ordered them last Saturday I think. Anyways, I'm pretty excited to finally be able to start using the correct things in order. Since I still haven't taken a shower my face feels like it has a coat of oil over it. I HATE that feeling so much. I leave friday to go to Tennessee and watch my younger brother graduate from high school. I'm stoked. He's coming back with me to visit for a week so my mood should be vastly improved for atleast that amount of time. Thanks for the helpful replies so far, I really appreciate them. On a side note, I'm happy about having this 2nd job but it's kind of a catch-22. I'll have more money but no life. :/ *violin plays in background* Later.

Edit: The combination of Dan's products definitely are nowhere near as irritating as what I was using before.

how strange, not trying to offend you at all but i completely though you were a girl before you posted that! i think i was reading your name as 'zoe trope' and got confused! anyway, hard to tell the severity of your acne from that photo, could you give a description maybe? like how often you get them, are they inflammed etc. helps to know in case you get any problems later. hope its all going well for you!

Haha. No offense taken. It's this Boards of Canada song that I really like. That black and white picture does suck at telling what kind of skin problems I have. Basically my face isn't THAT bad, but as of late my neck/jawline hasn't broken out something ugly. I fucking hate it. I'm currently in Tennessee right now visiting my mom to see my brother graduate from high school. I haven't been able to wash my face the entire day and I won't be able to tonight either. Also, I have a very bad habit of exploding my zits. It's so irritating to see them just sitting there, taking their long ass course of removing themselves when I could just blow them up, have my face look bad for a day, then they disappear by the next.

:boohoo:

For some odd reason today when I was at work my skin felt like it had tiny bugs crawling over it every now and then. It was so weird. I took 7 fish oil pills, 1 vitamin c, a multivitamin pill however. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Opinions?

So I've found that by rubbing a little more vigorously while putting on the cleanser it seems to be a little more effective for me I think. When I first started the regimen and was washing/applying the stuff to my face I could feel all the bumps on my face, since then I'm feeling a less bumpier face when putting on the BP/Moisturizer so I think thats a good sign. My face use to feel on fire after I applied the moisturizer because I was using 2 pumps, so I tried using less today and my face feels MUCH better afterwards. On a side note, I got my tax refund back today. So I'm finally going to be able to get on a cellphone plan. I haven't had a cell in like a year. I'm excited. I'm so gay. : )

ha nothing wrong with being excited about that, i couldnt live without mine! i know what you mean about the crawling feeling, i get it too sometimes, but i think its just really your standard bp itch and irritation. it should die down soon enough when you're more used to the bp, being extra careful you're waiting the correct amount of time between wasing-bp-moisturising may help. careful about rubbing too hard, you know the mods will just tell you to be gentle if you get irritation/more spots! also is 7 fish oil tablets not a little bit of an overdose?! wow ive just read this back and i sound like such a mother, just trying to be helpful and make sure you're not making any mistakes that may slow down your progress! hope its all going well otherwise

Well on the fish oil thread there are people taking like 20-25 pills a day. I thought 7 would be a safe number.

Make sure your fish oil is high quality like Carlson's, or, I guess, whatever you chose there. Possibly keep it refrigerated so it won't spoil?

Hey man just thought I'd let you know that I'm following your progress and wish you all the best with the regimen.

Also, what do you find the fish oil does for you?

P.S: I really like Boards of Canada

I really appreciate it! For the fish oil, I find it doesn't leave the oil on my skin as "thick feeling" as it normally does. My skin gets extremely oily so the fish oil helps a bit. I've only been on them for about 1.5 weeks though. BoC is beautiful music! Got a favorite song/album?

I'm lucky I don't really get oily skin.

As for BoC I like all their stuff. But I guess I listed to Boc Maxima more than their other albums. I've gotta say I really like Zoetrope. I put it on for the first time the other day. I have a massive trance + electronica collection, half the stuff I don't even know is there until I go looking for it.

Hmm... I haven't got any of that in my collection, I'll keep a lookout for it!

How's the regimen going for you? I had a really bad breakout yesterday. It sucks. I'm back on the antibiodics every day now (that didn't last long) because I need to keep this breakout under control.

Hmm... I haven't got any of that in my collection, I'll keep a lookout for it!

How's the regimen going for you? I had a really bad breakout yesterday. It sucks. I'm back on the antibiodics every day now (that didn't last long) because I need to keep this breakout under control.

5/30/08

Woke up today with some random breakouts. I've been drinking a lot of milk lately and I think that might possibly be why. The two jobs I have are both very physically demanding (Unload packages at UPS all night, unload a semi all day at Lowes) and since it's hot weather I sweat a bit on my face. I'm not sure if that's the problem. I ordered some Emu Oil Lotion off of that website that everyone is going nuts over on this website. I'm hoping it will moisturize better than Dan's.

hey dont worry too much about the sweat, apparently it comes from different glands on your face so you wont be sweating out the bp. just as long as its all absorbed in by the time you get to work and you're not washing the sweat off you should be ok. lots of people experience breakouts on weeks 2-3 so try not to get too discouraged and keep on with everything. have you tried jojoba oil btw? just in case the emu oil doesnt work out, jojoba is brilliant for dry skin. good luck!

hey dont worry too much about the sweat, apparently it comes from different glands on your face so you wont be sweating out the bp. just as long as its all absorbed in by the time you get to work and you're not washing the sweat off you should be ok. lots of people experience breakouts on weeks 2-3 so try not to get too discouraged and keep on with everything. have you tried jojoba oil btw? just in case the emu oil doesnt work out, jojoba is brilliant for dry skin. good luck!

So by letting the whiteheads do their business for a change I'm noticing that my face is calming down a bit. I also heard that Vitamin B5 can reduce sebum production so when I get paid I'm going to start adding that supplement to my regimen.

On a side note: Fuck Acne.

Another side note, I just checked my email and apparently I entered my credit card information wrong when I purchased that Emu Oil Lotion so now I have to re-enter the shit and wait probably another week for it to get here. Son of a..................123120398120983a;slkda;ldk

6/8/08

My face has been improving by leaps and bounds these past couple of days. I even gave up my no dairy/no greasy crap diet and my face seems to not have bad results because of it *knock on all kinds of wood*. I started megadosing on vitamin B5 2 days ago to see what kind of effect that might have on my skin, hopefully it does something. I've been continuing my other supplements as well, vitamin c, fish oil, I stopped using the multivitamin though. I'm about out of my 8oz Dan's BP bottle so I went ahead and ordered the 16oz BP bottle because I honestly do believe that is the main factor in improving my acne. I'm going to start using Cethaphil Gentle Cleanser and Cetaphil Moisturizer. Reason being, they're available in stores all around me and I won't have to pay for shipping costs. To make it clear though to the people reading this, I had no problem what so ever with Dan's Cleanser and Moisturizer, I just wanted an easier/faster way of obtaining what I need for my face, but I'm definitely not going to switch my BP treatment. Dan's BP is simply wonderful.

Here's a picture I took yesterday, and the spots that you do see on my face are almost gone already. :]

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/3018/jeremy1di5.jpg