Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robynxo

Trying out Jojoba Oil

(not sure if this is the right place to post sorry)

Received Jojoba oil to try out from acne.org, excited to try it out and see what happens! :)

Right the first time I used it was the day before yesterday. I used a few drops on my face in the morning, my skin was supple all day though a bit oily for my liking, but then again I used a bit more than I should I think.

I used it that night as well, and have been using it morning and night up till today. My skin is clear anyway due to the success of the Regimen, so I'm happy with trying out new products, especially something like this due to it being organic and as natural as possible, so cannot possible irritate my skin.

I have combination skin, sometimes it gets really oily yet I struggle with dry peely skin some days, especially in harsh weather. So this oil may be a lifesaver for those days when my skin is ultra dry and peely. The only thing I may struggle with is the oily factor while using makeup. I've not used makeup the past few days due to being around the house, so I've been ok. I may have to either use a tiny wincy bit or just use it at night. Is it ok to mix with moisturiser in the morning?

I'll continue to post any changes that I encounter with my skin, hopefully won't experience any breakouts, but if I do it may be due to me changing my regimen slightly and my skin adjusting to it.. I'm not sure, shall have to find out! :)

(not sure if this is the right place to post sorry)

Received Jojoba oil to try out from acne.org, excited to try it out and see what happens! :)

Right the first time I used it was the day before yesterday. I used a few drops on my face in the morning, my skin was supple all day though a bit oily for my liking, but then again I used a bit more than I should I think.

I used it that night as well, and have been using it morning and night up till today. My skin is clear anyway due to the success of the Regimen, so I'm happy with trying out new products, especially something like this due to it being organic and as natural as possible, so cannot possible irritate my skin.

I have combination skin, sometimes it gets really oily yet I struggle with dry peely skin some days, especially in harsh weather. So this oil may be a lifesaver for those days when my skin is ultra dry and peely. The only thing I may struggle with is the oily factor while using makeup. I've not used makeup the past few days due to being around the house, so I've been ok. I may have to either use a tiny wincy bit or just use it at night. Is it ok to mix with moisturiser in the morning?

I'll continue to post any changes that I encounter with my skin, hopefully won't experience any breakouts, but if I do it may be due to me changing my regimen slightly and my skin adjusting to it.. I'm not sure, shall have to find out! :)

tell us how it goes and how your using it..

I like to mix it with my moisturiser. It seems like it's easier to apply.

I like the way it makes my skin feel. Supple is a good word. And it makes my skin feel firm without feeling tight. At *my* age anything that's firm is good. ;) Does it come in 55 gallon drums? :P Perhaps I shall *bathe* in it...

Yeah I've put some on again this evening and my skin feels nice and supple again, more than when I just use moisturiser. I used a drop-2drops on each side of my face, then a drop for around my chin, and a drop for around my forehead. So basically just spreading about a small amount, and it spreads really nicely aswell. Using this amount isn't leaving an oily texture on my skin like before. My mum's really jealous and keeps asking if she can have it lol. Might get her some! I've never used anything like this on my face, so it's interesting.

I'm really starting to like this jojoba oil, it works way better than my normal moisturiser (simple moisturiser) and my skin stays supple like all day! It's also great as its multifunctional, I've been using it on my lips, on my body (as I'm a bit peely from sunburn), and on my face of course. I've been using it in the mornings and evenings, and it's been fine during the day, as long as I don't go overboard. I may have to start using it indefinitely!

that's awesome! thanks for sharing. i received some jojoba oil too and have been thinking about what to do with it. right now i'm using it as a make-up remover, and i think i might want to try using it as a moisturizer too.

It's been a few weeks now since I've been using Jojoba oil. I've been using it as a very effective makeup remover, an aid to shaving, and a moisturiser. It takes a few tries to get it right I'd say (in regards to moisturiser), sometimes I'd put too much on which isn't great for makeup, but other than that it's great for this function. I went to a foam party last week and my skin got extremely dry the next couple of days, to the point where it was madly peeling around my jaw, impossible to put makeup over, but after a couple of days using jojoba oil my skin was back to normal. I'd predict that it would be essential when beginning the regimen to tackle dryness, I feel like I struggled in vain lol.

As one of the official jojoba "testers" for acne.org, I thought I would take this opportunity to comment on Dan's jojoba again (now that it's been a few weeks). For those of you looking for ways to use it, I strongly suggest using it before bp as an extra moisturizing step (that is, if you don't already have oily skin. If you do, then you probably don't need it. If you have dry skin, THIS IS FOR YOU). See the link in my sig for details. This method gets rid of flakes like nobody's business, but you don't have to really deal with the oiliness for too long - once you wipe it off (again, see the link) everything goes as it usually would.

Also, I cannot recommend this product highly enough. Not that I have to convince you...a lot of products are a matter of taste between other products of the same type (certain people will like one brand of moisturizer over another, etc.) but this is different. Jojoba oil is jojoba oil, it doesn't really change much between brands. Dans is no different from other jojoba oils on the market except for two things: a) it's organic ('nuff said) and it is HALF THE PRICE OF ANYTHING ELSE YOU WILL FIND.

I will repeat that.

HALF. THE. PRICE. Yeah, no more convincing necessary...

Good luck to all you jojoba tryer outers. I promise you won't be disappointed! This has become as much of a staple to my regimen as cleanser or moisturizer. It has evolved from a simple 3-step system to a only slightly less simple but far more satisfying 4-step system. lol.

so, i got this too and really really like it. i actually use it on my son who has eczema and it works better than any other cream or lotion i've tried. i also use it on my cuticles and my hair after i've put heat to it. i like that only a few drops go a long way. i haven't yet put it on my face b/c i'm really weary about it, but considering the positive experiences posted here, i might make tomorrow my Day 1 as a facial moisturizer.

I've been using jojoba oil for about a week now. I leave it on over night. I don't use it during the day because I find it to be too greasy. I'm not sure how i feel about it yet. I use it over a hydroxy acid blend for some extra moisture, but I'm not sure its moisturizing enough. (I tried mixing it with my moisturizer and it was wayyy to greasy). I have normal/combination skin but dry skin on my cheeks. I'm going to keep using it because it doesn't seem to be doing anything bad, but I might start looking for a stronger moisturizer to use at night.

Also, I find that jojoba oil doesn't really rub in, it kinda just sits on top of your skin. Maybe I'm using too much or something, who knows.

maybe washing your face 3x a day is drying it out?

Probably, but I go to the gym so i don't really have any other option. And Plexion says to use it 2x a day.

So, maybe i'm full of crap.. haha.. I dont know.. but last night I used jojoba oil for the first time while taking a shower.. and I SWEAR after I dried off I (for some reason) rubbed my hands together and I kid you not.. my hands were SOO smooth it was enough to catch me off guard.. I was like Woah! If my face ends up half as soft as my hands right now.. that'd be amazing! I was really impressed with jojoba oil. I used it in the shower last night (and obviosly washed it off) and then I used it again before I went to bed so it could absorb overnight.. I really liked it. It didn't make my face look greasy or anything. I wish I would have used it this morning, but I didn't want to have to worry about what *might* happen (like getting greasy/oily) so i'll try it tomorrow when I dont have to go to work. I think this is going to be a new FAVORITE.. but I'll let you know if I change my mind. :D

I've been using Dan's jojoba oil for just over a month now. I absolutely love it. I have the most sensitive, excema and acne prone skin out there and it's SO soothing. I add a drop to my nighttime moisturizer.

I ALSO use it as a makeup remover at night before washing and it's great. I pour a small puddle into the palms of my hands, rub them together and rub the oil all over my face and eyes. Then I use a damp washcloth to wipe it off. Depending on how much makeup I was wearing that day I may follow up with a a cleanser. It's SO gentle. I will definitely buy this. I did receive a sample to try it out and I will purchase when done.

i just noticed your pic and you look terrific. you have a dynamite smile! (this was in regards to 'only me').

I also tried the jojoba/moisturizer mix for the first time yesterday. What a difference! My favorite use is as a body lotion. Wish I'd tried this sooner. :)