Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

imo, nothing looks worse then pale skin coupled with acne and/or redmarks. having a tan makes my skin look much better in general, and its fun being in the sun. from my experience as long as you wear a good sunscreen i dont feel the sun is that harmful. i think sometimes you just need to live a little :cool:

the whole point is to wear sunscreen not stay inside!!! jesus people. maybe i will post pictures of my skin...before sunscreen and then 1 month later. but i guess tanning and wrecking your skin is the "cool" thing to do nowadays...in NA anyways. All i have to say is good luck!

in addition...i typed in "sun good for skin" in google...and i had a difficult time finding even one article that supported sun being good for the skin...hmmm must just be a myth (note the sarcasm).

the whole point is to wear sunscreen not stay inside!!! jesus people. maybe i will post pictures of my skin...before sunscreen and then 1 month later. but i guess tanning and wrecking your skin is the "cool" thing to do nowadays...in NA anyways. All i have to say is good luck!

Hey Beany,

You have fun avoiding the good ol' suinshine. I'm gonna have a great summer going to the lake every weekend. Wakeboarding, jet skiing, skiing, tubing, geting a sweet tan. Doesn't that sound better than hiding indoors?

Hey Beany,

You have fun avoiding the good ol' suinshine. I'm gonna have a great summer going to the lake every weekend. Wakeboarding, jet skiing, skiing, tubing, geting a sweet tan. Doesn't that sound better than hiding indoors?

Hey Beany,

Could you please read my last like 3 postsd which basically say...GO OUTDOORS!!! but WEAR SUNSCREEN...what was that? ohhhh WEAR SUNSCREEN!....and from my other post " the whole point is to wear sunscreen not stay inside!!!" what? you didnt get it the other times? ohhh WEAR SUNSCREEN.

and FINALLY...go OUTSIDE...but wear SUNSCREEN.

sory for being a little mean...but seriously i thought i made it clear in my last post.

Red marks stay for 6 months to a year to begin with.

My dermatologist told me we need 20 minutes of sun each day to help our skin, tanning for an hour or longer each day is wrong and will cause trouble later on in life, but tanning for 20 minutes here and there will not hurt you or cause any major pre-mature aging. Just be sure to wear sun screen of at least 15 spf.

son of a BITCH! i have a wedding to attend in 3 dayz and my plan was to get dark as hell to hide the dark spotz. now i'm screwed.

i swear it never endz...

I work everyday out in the sun for 8 hours so it's not really an option to stay out of the sun. I do wear sunscreen though. I do glycolic peels but always have to be in the sun the next day so I wear tons of sunscreen and reapply it every 4-5 hours.

my armz got hit pretty bad last week by the sun. i'm startin to peel a lot on my forearms, which is kinda embarassing. anyone know how i can get rid of all the peeling?

my armz got hit pretty bad last week by the sun. i'm startin to peel a lot on my forearms, which is kinda embarassing. anyone know how i can get rid of all the peeling?

haha dont stay in the sun?? my god , the ONLY time my skin clears is when i am in the sun!!! im even considerin moving to a hot country waa heyy lol

and also i have no marks or scars from it either :P not sayin this is ok 4 every1

u dont believe me? are u for real? why would i make that up!? if u dont believe ok but its true my skin clears to perfection in the sun...i have mild/moderate acne and i dont scar really much so sun helps a lot! my dermo was actually amazed!

I think that SOME unprotected sun exposure is healthy for everyone. After all, all our ancestors evolved from living in the sun, without sunscreen and without treating the sun like some demon we have to guard ourselves from at all times.

Vitamin D from the sun is protective against many forms of cancer that are more prevalent than skin cancer. The key is moderation. Don't go out in the sun with the sole purpose of tanning, and use sunscreen only if you need to be outdoors for extended periods (sunscreen chemicals aren't that healthy after all) to prevent sunburn.

On the other hand, don't stay coped up at home just so that you can avoid the sun at all costs. ANd please, don't put on sunscreen at home and reapply every 2 hours. Imagine the amount of chemicals our skin will absorb from it.

haha dont stay in the sun?? my god , the ONLY time my skin clears is when i am in the sun!!! im even considerin moving to a hot country waa heyy lol

and also i have no marks or scars from it either :P not sayin this is ok 4 every1

I think that SOME unprotected sun exposure is healthy for everyone. After all, all our ancestors evolved from living in the sun, without sunscreen and without treating the sun like some demon we have to guard ourselves from at all times.

Vitamin D from the sun is protective against many forms of cancer that are more prevalent than skin cancer. The key is moderation. Don't go out in the sun with the sole purpose of tanning, and use sunscreen only if you need to be outdoors for extended periods (sunscreen chemicals aren't that healthy after all) to prevent sunburn.

On the other hand, don't stay coped up at home just so that you can avoid the sun at all costs. ANd please, don't put on sunscreen at home and reapply every 2 hours. Imagine the amount of chemicals our skin will absorb from it.

I read somewhere that in 20 years sunscreen will become a part of everyones morning because burning will happen in as few as 5 mins.

My dermatologist told me that my red marks would clear up in time and that some of them would disappear when I got some sun.

Please give me a reliable source that says tanning is bad for your red marks.