Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

Will coconut oil clog pores?

I bought a big ol can of it today (raw, organic, virgin, unbleached) kind today, and had the intention of consuming it orally and topically. However, despite it being somewhat hard to stomach (it's like eating butter) I don't think I can eat 6 tbs of it. I was hoping to put it on my face, but after hearing people on here say it's pore-clogging, I don't know what I should do.

6 tbs is way too high for me. It is equivalent to 6*14 =84 gms of fat per day. The recommended total fat intake (based on a 2000 calorie diet) is around 65 gms.

Where did you get the 6 tbs figure?

K

6 tbs is way too high for me. It is equivalent to 6*14 =84 gms of fat per day. The recommended total fat intake (based on a 2000 calorie diet) is around 65 gms.

Where did you get the 6 tbs figure?

K

300 grams of carbs every day is also recommended, which is ridiculous. Take RDA's with a grain of salt (or, more appropriately, 2400 mg of salt).

OP: I think 3 tablespoons of coconut oil would be enough. And I can't speak for other people, but it definitely does not clog my pores.