Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sallytomato

Take antibiotic with food or no food, dairy?

I asked my pharmacist and she said it's fine to take antibiotic with food including milk as long as you do it in moderation. But the label on the bottle says no food, dairy or vitamins during the first two hours after taking it. Any thoughts?

It depends on the antibiotic. Some should NOT be taken with food, dairy, vitamins, laxative preps, or anti-acids as they decrease the effectiveness of the antibiotic and decrease its absorption. Some it doesn't matter.

What's the antibiotic? You can use a search engine to find it and see what drugs.com or rxlist.com or other similar places say about how to take the medication.

Those are tetracyclines where you have to follow those rules: minocycline, tetracycline, etc. That is one reason I stopped taking minocycline after about a couple of months. There are just too many rules as to how you are supposed to take it! Im lovin' septra

What's the antibiotic?

So you have to follow all the rules down to a T for Tetra?

I'm taking Doxy. Any thoughts? Is egg considered as dairy?

i drink milk a few hours before or after. i usually take the pill with food because it makes me feel like puking if i dont. you should just try and avoid it when takin the pill to maximize absorbtion.

I take Minocycline with food. My doctor told me to even though the bottle says not to, helps avoid naseau. I've been on it for two months and it's been working great.