Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Singhster45

***** Poll: Would you go out with someone with acne??????*****

I'm a 21 year old male. I would actually prefer dating a girl with acne. We would be able to understand each other a whole lot better both suffering from the same affliction. I wouldn't feel inferior when I was with her and that would let me just be myself and would in turn let her be herself. We could REALLY communicate with each other (soooo important to me) without having to put on an act like our acne doesn't bother us. We could console each other if either of us had a particularly bad skin day. Basically, for me it would tear down all the walls and just let me love her for who she is without the worry of having to impress her with flawless skin. And if one of us cleared up before the other, we wouldn't have to worry about getting dumped (assuming she is a decent person) or feel inferior because we've both been in the same shoes. I'm not the most articulate person around but this is the best I can do to describe my feelings. Anyone else feel this way? :wub:

But how do you know if the guy/girl feels about acne as you do. Some people have a shitload of cysts and it doesn't get in their way. I know some people who have a lot of cystic acne and they're happier than I am. So it doesn't really mean that they know what you're going to. There's guys out there with cystic acne that won't go out with a girl with acne so it doesn't really matter whether they have acne or not.

But how do you know if the guy/girl feels about acne as you do. Some people have a shitload of cysts and it doesn't get in their way. I know some people who have a lot of cystic acne and they're happier than I am. So it doesn't really mean that they know what you're going to. There's guys out there with cystic acne that won't go out with a girl with acne so it doesn't really matter whether they have acne or not.

Honestly the guy I'm dating now has PERFECT skin, not one zit, not one scar. not 1 red mark and of course when I say this next part I don't "really" mean it but geez if he had some zits I think I'd be more comfortable lol

to answer the question: yes.

the main reason im posting, however, is to share this link:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...14213059AANb2Gq

its one thing when people who have acne answer this question: we know what the other person is going through...we understand. it made me feel a lot better reading these peoples responses bc they may not be struggling with acne in any way and may not know what people who have it go through. hope this helps at least someone. take care.

I would actually prefer to go out with a girl who had either acne or scarring because there would hopefuly be a level of understanding and empathy where you both know exactly how the other person is feeling.

Haha, this is hilarious.

"I'd love to go out with an ugly person, because then we have something in common, and he/she will understand me."

I'd definitly go out with someone with the same level of acne as me. Would probably even make me more comfortable around them. I don't really have acne on my face aside from a small pimple here or there, but I have red marks, and scarrings from body acne, which when I was in my last relationship made me feel like shit when I took my clothes off around my girlfriend because she had perfect skin.

You know what? I would consider dating someone because of their personality - I know it's hard to imagine in this day and age.

I was "going out" with a girl a little while ago who had acne about as bad as I did B.T. To be honest with you it got to me and eventually I stopped seeing her. I wouldn't say it was all do to her acne, because she was also a pretty boring, shallow and had self loathing girl (not to mention my friends would always give me shit). Maybe my problem was that I saw too much of my self in her and at that time I wasn't exactly my own best friend. Anyway, I would go out with someone with a little acne, if I liked their personality and thought they were pretty, but there is a limit.

I have a girlfriend of 9 months and I am so in love with her, yes she has acne. When you truly care about someone and love them, acne means nothing. What makes her even more beautiful to me is who she is a person.

Definitely not. I don't mind. Good features outweigh acne/acne scars. and who would have acne forever anyway?

Definately. Yes.

I would absolutely go out with someone even if they had acne. I have seen so many guys with acne but they are still attractive to me.

I look past acne anyway....its personality that matters the most!

I just wish i could find someone who would go out with me even though i've got bad skin!!

I would and have dated someone who had acne. He even had acne scars, and was insecure about them. But that didn't make me feel any less in love with him. Under volatile circumstances, the relationship ended. However, that doesn't change my opinion on dating someone who has or has had acne. It's only skin deep and out of most people's control.

Yes.

I won't date someone I don't have any physical attraction to, but acne and/or scarring is not necessarily a hindrance in physical attraction for me. If it's very severe than it might be a turn off, honestly, but moderate acne like my own is no big deal if the other qualities are there.