Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freakky

Do guys have to do Ipledge when on accutane??

For example if my derm writes me an accutane prescription... how long till i can start it a few days? A week? do guys just have to do a blood test??

I only had to take a blood test. My dermatologist gave me the prescription, but he told me to wait till he gets the blood result, which took 2 weeks! I don't know why it took so long but it's okay, he told me that next time it will take 3 days...

Anyway, I started yesterday.

yes, the Ipledge thing is a "little" over the top. I can understand the importance of preventing pregnancy, but I can't start accutane for another 2 months because of when my last pregnancy test was, and the how many days you have to wait between, etc. Im not even sexually active - so getting pregnant isn't possible.....I mean really.....And to have to take a pregnancy test before I get another months prescription?? Its kind of silly...........

so guys just need to take a blood test?

yeah. I think girls have to take a pregnancy test, then another one or something.

guys just need blood work done, I cant see a guy getting a pregnancy test. I went to get blood work done about a week before my appointment and the lab faxed it to my derm, took 3 days on average. I then went to the appointment, got my perscription, waitied for the derm to confirm ipledge and got it filled.

I had to get registered on the Ipledge program and take a pregnancy test the same day. Then I had to wait 4 weeks until I could take another pregnancy test and then my md wrote me a prescription. I then had to wait a few more days because my insurance wanted prior authorization before they covered it. I did not get any blood work done. I'm assuming I will for the next month.

SOrry, I did not read the post correctly. Ipledge is strictly for females and males do not need to be registered. You can get your rx as soon as your derm prescribes it for you.