Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bled Zeppelin

Diet & Lifestyle ARE only Cures. PERIOD..... P--E--R--I--O--D..

lol at all the "Acne Breakthroughs" being thrown around regarding drugs. The same drugs that decrease life expectantcy???. I'm old enough & wise enough that the ONLY CURE for acne is trialing & erroring diet & lifestyle. PERIOD. People need to get with it. Will everyone in the acne research field realise this & stop wasting our god damn money on pointless research from goverment funding, your not going to cure it. There is nothing more to be said. STOP going on about breakthroughs, it ain't going to happen. Its DIET & LIFESTYLE, there the keys & people need to start opening there eyes. The dietary & lifestyle choices we pave offset acne breakouts. Its as simple as that, no more, no less. Take accutane... then go back to your regular diet & lifestyle after coming off it. The acne will come back, of course it will. I'm 1000% certain on one thing, lasers & drugs will never cure acne but they will kill you alot faster.

lol at all the "Acne Breakthroughs" being thrown around regarding drugs. The same drugs that decrease life expectantcy???. I'm old enough & wise enough that the ONLY CURE for acne is trialing & erroring diet & lifestyle. PERIOD. People need to get with it. Will everyone in the acne research field realise this & stop wasting our god damn money on pointless research from goverment funding, your not going to cure it. There is nothing more to be said. STOP going on about breakthroughs, it ain't going to happen. Its DIET & LIFESTYLE, there the keys & people need to start opening there eyes. The dietary & lifestyle choices we pave offset acne breakouts. Its as simple as that, no more, no less. Take accutane... then go back to your regular diet & lifestyle after coming off it. The acne will come back, of course it will. I'm 1000% certain on one thing, lasers & drugs will never cure acne but they will kill you alot faster.

to tell u the truth my friends all eat junk food not 1 zit or acne

The hubby can eat slam down soda all day in and all day out, no adverse affect on his skin at all - but he gets terrible gas afterwards. I, however, drink more than two cans of soda in a day and I don't get gas at all, but I do breakout.

Zan's got a point.

I wish I could reply to everyone, I can't. I do have all the answers, I have been round the block far too many times.

I hope one day forum moderators, acne researchers, acne sufferers finally realise ITS IMPOSSIBLE to cure acne through drugs & lasers. HOW can it cure acne?, they don't target the THE ROOTS, never have, never will. I have written letters in the hope to the goverment for grants/money to be frozen to skin research facilities in the UK/US not to waste the taxpayers money.

CLEAN UP your diets & NO, your "Healthy Diet" isn't "CLEAN" if your still experiencing acne. eg in point, One person said "I drink healthy soya milk, LMFAO, do some searching on these boards regarding soya & drop that $hit down the toilet where it belongs. CLEAN IT UP.

"My boyfriend can drink tons of soda, I can't drink one tin without breaking out" 1. REALISE NOT everyone is prone to acne. 2. But REALISE hes going the right way to decreasing life expectancy by other means by offsetting other illnesses for the future, cancer being one. Why not tell your boyfriend to eat ice cream everyday, yeah! he will be blessed with not having to suffer acne but DON'T WORRY, he won't see 52 having fought heart disease for last 10 years of his life.SO LEARN from your acne, contrary to belief, it is actually trying to tell you something.

I wish I could reply to everyone, I can't. I do have all the answers, I have been round the block far too many times.

I hope one day forum moderators, acne researchers, acne sufferers finally realise ITS IMPOSSIBLE to cure acne through drugs & lasers. HOW can it cure acne?, they don't target the THE ROOTS, never have, never will. I have written letters in the hope to the goverment for grants/money to be frozen to skin research facilities in the UK/US not to waste the taxpayers money.

CLEAN UP your diets & NO, your "Healthy Diet" isn't "CLEAN" if your still experiencing acne. eg in point, One person said "I drink healthy soya milk, LMFAO, do some searching on these boards regarding soya & drop that $hit down the toilet where it belongs. CLEAN IT UP.

"My boyfriend can drink tons of soda, I can't drink one tin without breaking out" 1. REALISE NOT everyone is prone to acne. 2. But REALISE hes going the right way to decreasing life expectancy by other means by offsetting other illnesses for the future, cancer being one. Why not tell your boyfriend to eat ice cream everyday, yeah! he will be blessed with not having to suffer acne but DON'T WORRY, he won't see 52 having fought heart disease for last 10 years of his life.SO LEARN from your acne, contrary to belief, it is actually trying to tell you something.

To the OP, I'm assuming you had acne and cleared it through diet and lifestyle... what changes cleared you?

I do quite a bit of traveling over to Europe. I've had my acne clear 100% a few times while traveling. What causes acne? Diet. It's not the North American approach to food groups. It's far more specific than cutting out diary or whatever. In my experience it's whatever "works". For example I've eaten bacon and eggs, steaks, beer, spaghetti, and schnitzel over in Europe and I was very clear. I came back and looked into the mirror and went "wow". It was that good. Then I try and copy that diet anywhere else and it just doesn't work. This has happened 3 times so far for me with different types of foods involved.

Right now, I eat oatmeal with skim milk and tropicana regular OJ for breakfast. A&W Papa Burger with reg fries for lunch or minced pork and tofu at work. For dinner I've got a few selections that work for me. I stick to this and I'm ok. If I vary, again it depends on my bodies reaction to the food but usually it's not good.

Recently I've been pushing the limits and my acne and general skin condition is shite right now. There is definitely some part of food and our bodies that causes this but what it is I do not know.

On a side note: I took B5 for a month back in 2002ish and I was also very clear. But that stopped working after a month when I temporarily stopped for a while.

As a general guideline I usually stick to:

Eggs or oatmeal in the morning then having lunch and dinner and observing the reaction. That usually keeps things at least in control.

I do quite a bit of traveling over to Europe. I've had my acne clear 100% a few times while traveling. What causes acne? Diet. It's not the North American approach to food groups. It's far more specific than cutting out diary or whatever. In my experience it's whatever "works". For example I've eaten bacon and eggs, steaks, beer, spaghetti, and schnitzel over in Europe and I was very clear. I came back and looked into the mirror and went "wow". It was that good. Then I try and copy that diet anywhere else and it just doesn't work. This has happened 3 times so far for me with different types of foods involved.

Right now, I eat oatmeal with skim milk and tropicana regular OJ for breakfast. A&W Papa Burger with reg fries for lunch or minced pork and tofu at work. For dinner I've got a few selections that work for me. I stick to this and I'm ok. If I vary, again it depends on my bodies reaction to the food but usually it's not good.

Recently I've been pushing the limits and my acne and general skin condition is shite right now. There is definitely some part of food and our bodies that causes this but what it is I do not know.

On a side note: I took B5 for a month back in 2002ish and I was also very clear. But that stopped working after a month when I temporarily stopped for a while.

Eggs or oatmeal in the morning then having lunch and dinner and observing the reaction. That usually keeps things at least in control.

Hmm, acne may not be their external warning, perhaps they have something else?

Any of them have other skin problems, neurological problems, digestive problems, weight problems or health problems?