Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bled Zeppelin

Diet & Lifestyle ARE only Cures. PERIOD..... P--E--R--I--O--D..

lol at all the "Acne Breakthroughs" being thrown around regarding drugs. The same drugs that decrease life expectantcy???. I'm old enough & wise enough that the ONLY CURE for acne is trialing & erroring diet & lifestyle. PERIOD. People need to get with it. Will everyone in the acne research field realise this & stop wasting our god damn money on pointless research from goverment funding, your not going to cure it. There is nothing more to be said. STOP going on about breakthroughs, it ain't going to happen. Its DIET & LIFESTYLE, there the keys, there the breakthroughs & people need to start opening there eyes. The dietary & lifestyle choices we pave offset acne breakouts. Its as simple as that, no more, no less. Take accutane... then go back to your regular diet & lifestyle after coming off it. The acne will come back, of course it will. I'm 1000% certain on one thing, lasers & drugs will never cure acne but they will kill you alot faster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

I wish I could reply to everyone, I can't. I do have all the answers, I have been round the block far too many times.

I hope one day forum moderators, acne researchers, acne sufferers finally realise ITS IMPOSSIBLE to cure acne through drugs & lasers. HOW can it cure acne?, they don't target the THE ROOTS, never have, never will. I have written letters in the hope to the goverment for grants/money to be frozen to skin research facilities in the UK/US not to waste the taxpayers money.

CLEAN UP your diets & NO, your "Healthy Diet" isn't "CLEAN" if your still experiencing acne. eg in point, One person said "I drink healthy soya milk, LMFAO, do some searching on these boards regarding soya & drop that $hit down the toilet where it belongs. CLEAN IT UP.

"My boyfriend can drink tons of soda, I can't drink one tin without breaking out" 1. REALISE NOT everyone is prone to acne. 2. But REALISE hes going the right way to decreasing life expectancy by other means by offsetting other illnesses for the future, cancer being one. Why not tell your boyfriend to eat ice cream everyday, yeah! he will be blessed with not having to suffer acne but DON'T WORRY, he won't see 52 having fought heart disease for last 10 years of his life.SO LEARN from your acne, contrary to belief, it is actually trying to tell you something.

Just read something on immune response.

Its quite simple really. Eliminate the foods causing the reponse. The foods which "activate" the sebaceous glands into action, the same foods which accelerate & heighten hormone production, THE FOODS WHICH STIMULATE THE BRAIN.

God DAMN goverment. "We got gels & lasers that are going to cure acne" BS. The same lasers that somehow target immune responses, LMFAO, get with it & wake the god damn up already, Wasting our/your money.I'm really looking forward to the day people start waking up & boycotting derms offices all over the world REALISING THERE GOD DAMN METHODS DONT WORK. They can't work.

lol at all the "Acne Breakthroughs" being thrown around regarding drugs. The same drugs that decrease life expectantcy???. I'm old enough & wise enough that the ONLY CURE for acne is trialing & erroring diet & lifestyle. PERIOD. People need to get with it. Will everyone in the acne research field realise this & stop wasting our god damn money on pointless research from goverment funding, your not going to cure it. There is nothing more to be said. STOP going on about breakthroughs, it ain't going to happen. Its DIET & LIFESTYLE, there the keys & people need to start opening there eyes. The dietary & lifestyle choices we pave offset acne breakouts. Its as simple as that, no more, no less. Take accutane... then go back to your regular diet & lifestyle after coming off it. The acne will come back, of course it will. I'm 1000% certain on one thing, lasers & drugs will never cure acne but they will kill you alot faster.

lol at all the "Acne Breakthroughs" being thrown around regarding drugs. The same drugs that decrease life expectantcy???. I'm old enough & wise enough that the ONLY CURE for acne is trialing & erroring diet & lifestyle. PERIOD. People need to get with it. Will everyone in the acne research field realise this & stop wasting our god damn money on pointless research from goverment funding, your not going to cure it. There is nothing more to be said. STOP going on about breakthroughs, it ain't going to happen. Its DIET & LIFESTYLE, there the keys & people need to start opening there eyes. The dietary & lifestyle choices we pave offset acne breakouts. Its as simple as that, no more, no less. Take accutane... then go back to your regular diet & lifestyle after coming off it. The acne will come back, of course it will. I'm 1000% certain on one thing, lasers & drugs will never cure acne but they will kill you alot faster.

Jesus, pretentious and obnoxious post much?

There are PLENTY of people here who follow perfectly healthy diet and lifestyles who still suffer from acne.

Not sure why you're posting such an angry statement at this point? This entire subforum is dedicated to curing acne through diet/lifestyle/holistic approaches.

I don't think this thread should have been moved to this forum, simply because most people in this forum already believe this. But if drug users with disgusting diets continue to think diet has no relation to acne, their choice.

Wow....

I'm the "solutions persons". I love problem solving and providing waaaay too much info, LOL. When I first starting visiting these acne boards...7 years ago, all I knew were pretty much prescription drugs that could be used to treat acne that was due to some sort of hormonal disorder(thyroid, adrenal, androgen, etc). It amazed me back then how people relied so heavily on a cortisone injections for their acne instead of going to an Endocrinologist and TRYING to find out...what's "really" going on!

Of course, if it's pubertal acne, it will go away...for a percentage of us, it's faaar beyond that. So I would encourage people that had acne, among other possible issues, to go see an Endo. I said "use them to your advatange" and based on your personal preferences and your diagnosis, "treat yourself accordingly" (diet, supplements, prescriptions).

When I first came here, 7 years ago, members weren't even using Spironolactone, let alone Saw Palmetto to treat, obviously....Hyperandrogen induced acne. I had been on Spiro for....about 4 years at that point!

The thought process then was...this is just temporary and all I need is some sort of topical cream or procedure to "fix it". Or some believed that Accutane would solve all their problems...sometimes. Unfortunately, I've come across selectmembers from various boards where at the BEST, it's reduced their severity of acne, but they still breakout. Even more unfortunately, I've come across another group of members where, they had been on Accutane THREE, FOUR, FIVE and some were contemplating a SIXTH time, or "Maintenance Dose", because after 3 - 6 months or 1 - 3 years, their acne ALWAYS came back.

Several times in the past, I've posted a couple of journal articles that have shown that if you have a hormonal disorder....Accutane will notwork.

I must admit, I've got the degrees in Biology and Dietetics so I should be in the research forum, but rarely am I because it's no where near as progressive as it should be. The talk is all about the washing method, drug or the laser that's going to "solve all acne woes" and...perhaps it will. For an INCREASING percentage of us, that's notthe end of the story.

Our skin is essential for survival. It is apart of our immune system and as such....perhaps that's why a variety of different disorders or diseases(AIDs included) will have some sort of skin "issue" as one possible symptom.

So, our skin is a very good way of indicating that something somewhere isn't "right".

OK, we take away that aspect, that warning sign that our body has given us...in this case "acne", and suddenly EVERYTHING ELSE is OK???

It's not!

Well to be fair, for example, if "lifestyle diseases" run in your family or you've been suffering with acne for more than 5 years (we've got people in their 30s, 60s) you really should consider what ELSE is going on with you because I guarantee you....it's NOT over.

Ignorance is bliss.

I'll put it like this....people would ask, "WOW, can't you cheat even a little?" and I said, depending on what is, no because I will breakout badly. We live in a superficial world where acne is not acceptable. However, if all I did was gain...5 lbs, I'd probably do it."

LOL, funny right? To be in a constant state of disease OR on the road to being in a state of "disease" IS acceptable. But not acne...our warning sign.

I've heard enough from various people on these boards and the argument or debates (rarely do non-believers supply journal articles in support of their beliefs), that what I've learned over the years to be true isn't true, that I usually don't bother. I just wait (it can be hard...because someone is missing out as a result). After a few years of following the diet that I do....NOW, few years ago actually, we have started to get MORE studies in support of something some of us have known for 6 or more yearsnow. Yes!

It's still not over. We still have people who believe bacteria are to blame (1% of the time maybe), that acne and diabetes have NO connection whatsoever, and that Insulin Resistance is caused (not worsened) primarily (not 2ndly) by overload on carbohydrates!

It' doesn't matter what the cohort studies, the clinically controlled, double-blind studies or any peer-reviewed journal article has shown, because...that's what people still believe.

I've had members tell others, including myself, that we shouldn't use "scare tactics" when talking with teens or children...but I'm being real. Generally, I don't say so directly, I usually just run off a list of symptoms and diseases, but the truth is, for a percentageof acne sufferers, there's moreto come.

See, I used "for a percentage of acne sufferers" therefore, this provides a "cushion", "safe zone" for the other percentage, right. Which percentage do you fall in?

What about all those people that don't have acne and come down with some sort of disease like diabetes, thyroiditis, or cancer (breast, prostate, colon)....did they have warning signs? Maybe a few might have been overweight or obese, but otherwise, probably not...at least not something they would have considereda sign.

I say and do all this because I love you. We are one great big brilliant and sometimes dysfunctional family that has come together for one goal. Well, my motto has always been to be happy and healthy and eliminating acne will make me happy (my world is SOOOO much more know) and it will also put me on the road to be healthy. Not healthy outwardly....but inward.

I say the above because, I had my suspicions that with males whose doctors refuse to test them, let alone treat them with an anti-androgen regimen (prescription, supps or diet) that these men would probably have prostate problems. Indeed, if you have Insulin Resistance induced Hyperandrogenism, which is causing your acne....you will also see that Insulin Resistance is also linked to prostrate cancer. That's why it's called a Lifestyle Disease.

I could go into more, (i.e. Lifestyle Diseases are really apart of the SILENT Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome) but my point is I've heard members say...."I'm not going to change my diet JUST to have clear skin. It's NOT worth it!" What IS worth it?

For those of us that have achieved 95% - 100% clear skin through diet and/or holistic measures, you will very very very rarely hear us complain! Why should we? We aren't depressed! We aren't deprived! Our social lives have blossomed even more. Our academics and/or working life have improved! We still enjoy food, all different types from different cultures, tremendously! I eat more VARIETY of food now, than I ever did and I am more than willing to do what I can to help others find their answer too!

For those that supplements work for, that's great too. Once again, the goal here is to annihilate acne...not optimum health (the two can be one in the same). So if supplements get you to a point where you are happy, I support you and am extremely happy for you. Yet if drugs, supplements, don't...perhaps one day you will allow yourselves to be more open-minded.

That's all...

Wow....

I'm the "solutions persons". I love problem solving and providing waaaay too much info, LOL. When I first starting visiting these acne boards...7 years ago, all I knew were pretty much prescription drugs that could be used to treat acne that was due to some sort of hormonal disorder(thyroid, adrenal, androgen, etc). It amazed me back then how people relied so heavily on a cortisone injections for their acne instead of going to an Endocrinologist and TRYING to find out...what's "really" going on!

Of course, if it's pubertal acne, it will go away...for a percentage of us, it's faaar beyond that. So I would encourage people that had acne, among other possible issues, to go see an Endo. I said "use them to your advatange" and based on your personal preferences and your diagnosis, "treat yourself accordingly" (diet, supplements, prescriptions).

When I first came here, 7 years ago, members weren't even using Spironolactone, let alone Saw Palmetto to treat, obviously....Hyperandrogen induced acne. I had been on Spiro for....about 4 years at that point!

The thought process then was...this is just temporary and all I need is some sort of topical cream or procedure to "fix it". Or some believed that Accutane would solve all their problems...sometimes. Unfortunately, I've come across selectmembers from various boards where at the BEST, it's reduced their severity of acne, but they still breakout. Even more unfortunately, I've come across another group of members where, they had been on Accutane THREE, FOUR, FIVE and some were contemplating a SIXTH time, or "Maintenance Dose", because after 3 - 6 months or 1 - 3 years, their acne ALWAYS came back.

Several times in the past, I've posted a couple of journal articles that have shown that if you have a hormonal disorder....Accutane will notwork.

I must admit, I've got the degrees in Biology and Dietetics so I should be in the research forum, but rarely am I because it's no where near as progressive as it should be. The talk is all about the washing method, drug or the laser that's going to "solve all acne woes" and...perhaps it will. For an INCREASING percentage of us, that's notthe end of the story.

Our skin is essential for survival. It is apart of our immune system and as such....perhaps that's why a variety of different disorders or diseases(AIDs included) will have some sort of skin "issue" as one possible symptom.

So, our skin is a very good way of indicating that something somewhere isn't "right".

OK, we take away that aspect, that warning sign that our body has given us...in this case "acne", and suddenly EVERYTHING ELSE is OK???

It's not!

Well to be fair, for example, if "lifestyle diseases" run in your family or you've been suffering with acne for more than 5 years (we've got people in their 30s, 60s) you really should consider what ELSE is going on with you because I guarantee you....it's NOT over.

Ignorance is bliss.

I'll put it like this....people would ask, "WOW, can't you cheat even a little?" and I said, depending on what is, no because I will breakout badly. We live in a superficial world where acne is not acceptable. However, if all I did was gain...5 lbs, I'd probably do it."

LOL, funny right? To be in a constant state of disease OR on the road to being in a state of "disease" IS acceptable. But not acne...our warning sign.

I've heard enough from various people on these boards and the argument or debates (rarely do non-believers supply journal articles in support of their beliefs), that what I've learned over the years to be true isn't true, that I usually don't bother. I just wait (it can be hard...because someone is missing out as a result). After a few years of following the diet that I do....NOW, few years ago actually, we have started to get MORE studies in support of something some of us have known for 6 or more yearsnow. Yes!

It's still not over. We still have people who believe bacteria are to blame (1% of the time maybe), that acne and diabetes have NO connection whatsoever, and that Insulin Resistance is caused (not worsened) primarily (not 2ndly) by overload on carbohydrates!

It' doesn't matter what the cohort studies, the clinically controlled, double-blind studies or any peer-reviewed journal article has shown, because...that's what people still believe.

I've had members tell others, including myself, that we shouldn't use "scare tactics" when talking with teens or children...but I'm being real. Generally, I don't say so directly, I usually just run off a list of symptoms and diseases, but the truth is, for a percentageof acne sufferers, there's moreto come.

See, I used "for a percentage of acne sufferers" therefore, this provides a "cushion", "safe zone" for the other percentage, right. Which percentage do you fall in?

What about all those people that don't have acne and come down with some sort of disease like diabetes, thyroiditis, or cancer (breast, prostate, colon)....did they have warning signs? Maybe a few might have been overweight or obese, but otherwise, probably not...at least not something they would have considereda sign.

I say and do all this because I love you. We are one great big brilliant and sometimes dysfunctional family that has come together for one goal. Well, my motto has always been to be happy and healthy and eliminating acne will make me happy (my world is SOOOO much more know) and it will also put me on the road to be healthy. Not healthy outwardly....but inward.

I say the above because, I had my suspicions that with males whose doctors refuse to test them, let alone treat them with an anti-androgen regimen (prescription, supps or diet) that these men would probably have prostate problems. Indeed, if you have Insulin Resistance induced Hyperandrogenism, which is causing your acne....you will also see that Insulin Resistance is also linked to prostrate cancer. That's why it's called a Lifestyle Disease.

I could go into more, (i.e. Lifestyle Diseases are really apart of the SILENT Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome) but my point is I've heard members say...."I'm not going to change my diet JUST to have clear skin. It's NOT worth it!" What IS worth it?

For those of us that have achieved 95% - 100% clear skin through diet and/or holistic measures, you will very very very rarely hear us complain! Why should we? We aren't depressed! We aren't deprived! Our social lives have blossomed even more. Our academics and/or working life have improved! We still enjoy food, all different types from different cultures, tremendously! I eat more VARIETY of food now, than I ever did and I am more than willing to do what I can to help others find their answer too!

For those that supplements work for, that's great too. Once again, the goal here is to annihilate acne...not optimum health (the two can be one in the same). So if supplements get you to a point where you are happy, I support you and am extremely happy for you. Yet if drugs, supplements, don't...perhaps one day you will allow yourselves to be more open-minded.

That's all...

As always, a great post. Most if not all of your research does indeed fit well in acne research but as you prefer the holistic forum, that's where you put it. Your research and findings and conclusions are fascinating.

As always, a great post. Most if not all of your research does indeed fit well in acne research but as you prefer the holistic forum, that's where you put it. Your research and findings and conclusions are fascinating.

Really now? Because antibiotics are what cured my acne, in conjunction with topicals and diet/lifestyle changes. And I was using both topicals and lifestyle changes (cutting gluten, sugar, dairy, basically anything even potentiall inflammatory) for MONTHS before being put on Solodyn.

So, yes, diet/lifestyle changes have helped me to maintain overall health, in addition to allowing the antibiotics to work faster and to keep on working. But if I'd continued using them by themselves, I'd still be pustular.

Really now? Because antibiotics are what cured my acne, in conjunction with topicals and diet/lifestyle changes. And I was using both topicals and lifestyle changes (cutting gluten, sugar, dairy, basically anything even potentiall inflammatory) for MONTHS before being put on Solodyn.

So, yes, diet/lifestyle changes have helped me to maintain overall health, in addition to allowing the antibiotics to work faster and to keep on working. But if I'd continued using them by themselves, I'd still be pustular.

Yes while on them they do what many other prescriptions, supplements and diets do....inhibit inflammation, but once off....it can be pretty scary for some of is.