Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RatherBeSkating

Any tips on how to avoid sugar?

I need to avoid sugar for a while, to see if it's a trigger of my acne. Only thing is, almost everything I eat has sugar in it.

I'm going cold turkey, and not touching anything with sugar in it AT ALL for a while, so what should I eat :confused:

It's like I've just cut out a 90% chunk of my diet

You can do it!! :)It was hard for me to avoid foods with wheat , sugars.. at first I joined this forum i learned alot

now i eat healthy. , i do cheat sometime ... lol but is only sometime

=}

90%?! jesus. lol.. Try to find other things that you like snacking on! Are you still allowing yourself to eat fruit?

I need to avoid sugar for a while, to see if it's a trigger of my acne. Only thing is, almost everything I eat has sugar in it.

I'm going cold turkey, and not touching anything with sugar in it AT ALL for a while, so what should I eat :confused:

It's like I've just cut out a 90% chunk of my diet

If you are going to avoid sugar, try avoiding just "high fructose corn syrup" and aspertame. Naturual sugars that are in fruit should be just fine. It's not healthy to cut out all sugars, since sugar is in 99.999999999% of our foods, if even just a little bit - you'll end up malnourished and THAT will break you out way more than sugar.

When I decided to cut down on sugar in my diet the first thing I did was cut out sugary drinks and replace sugar in my tea and coffee with honey.

I dont have much of a sweet tooth, so cutting out biscuits, chocolates and other sweets was pretty easy. It's cutting down on carbs that I found the hardest.

Good luck to you for trying to quit sugar cold turkey, but I find cutting down gradually is easier.