Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just wondering why

*MOD EDIT:

PM function has been re-enabled for all members. There are now limits on the numbers of PMs members may send, based upon the numbers of posts. This is an anti-spam measure to prevent anyone from ever again deluging our members with unwanted spam in such huge numbers.

<100 posts, members may send up to 10 PMs

>=100 posts, members may send up to 25 PMs.

If you exceed the limit, you'll get an error message:

You have exceeded the maximum number of PMs allowed for today. Members with fewer than 100 posts may send 10 PMs a day. Members with more than 100 posts may send 25 PMs a day. This is an anti-spam measure. Your limit will reset at midnight PST, so try again then. Thank you.

Thanks to Joel for the new coding!*

Edited by Wynne
add explanatory subtitle

hey wynne! :] how long do you think it will take to fix the problem?

It doesn't seem to affect everyone as I have been getting all of mine .

I have learned some new information and have requested permission to share with everyone:

The PM function has been temporarily suspended until the webmaster(s) code(s) in an anti-spam feature. Veteran members may currently still PM; the restriction is due to most spam being from new members.

Admins and Dan wish to prevent a repeat of the deluge of spammed PMs to our members, thus the temporary inconvenience of limiting the PM function. We regret the necessity of the action, but wish to protect our members!

The fix should be implemented sometime this weekend; I do not have a definitive time.

PM function has been re-enabled for all members. There are now limits on the numbers of PMs members may send, based upon the numbers of posts. This is an anti-spam measure to prevent anyone from ever again deluging our members with unwanted spam in such huge numbers.

<100 posts, members may send up to 10 PMs

>=100 posts, members may send up to 25 PMs.

If you exceed the limit, you'll get an error message:

You have exceeded the maximum number of PMs allowed for today. Members with fewer than 100 posts may send 10 PMs a day. Members with more than 100 posts may send 25 PMs a day. This is an anti-spam measure. Your limit will reset at midnight PST, so try again then. Thank you.

Thanks to Joel for the new coding!