Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay so I am only on my second month of accutane. However, I have noticed that almost all the pimples that go away on my face leave behind an ugly scar in its place. I am just wondering (for accutane users) if these marks will go away while I am on accutane or if they will stay? I really hope they will go away by the end of my treatment so that I do not have to continue to wear makeup to cover up that problem!! :confused:

Red marks go away naturally over time and scars supposedly can lessen (if they're very shallow rolling ones to begin with) but usually no, and you need procedures if you want to get rid of them. Check out the scars section, they'll give you more information.

So... what you are saying issss that my acne marks from accutane will not go away?? :shock: I know that there are a lot of things i can spend money on to get rid of them, but really i thought that accutane helped to get rid of acne AND scarring!! :confused:

So... what you are saying issss that my acne marks from accutane will not go away?? :shock: I know that there are a lot of things i can spend money on to get rid of them, but really i thought that accutane helped to get rid of acne AND scarring!! :confused:

Red marks are not scars. Red marks will eventually fade. Staying out of the sun and taking good care of your skin will help them fade. Check out the red marks forum pinned posts for more information; lots of good reading there.